Why is life so hard and confusing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Why is life so hard and confusing?
Why is nothing consistent? Why are the rules of society different yesterday and will undoubtably be different tomorrow?

Why am I told to be intelligent in one area of life, and I am told to just let people believe what they want to believe in another?

Why am I allowed to get on my soap box sometimes, and why should I just let people be wrong other times?

It's very stressful... and I don't like it... I wish I could change it but I know I can't... no one understands my position, or at least no one really says anything that helps me...

I always do the wrong thing, nothing is good enough because I apply the rules of one scenario to another scenario either by accident or by confusion and I get in trouble as a result... it isn't my fault, I am just confused....

What the hell should I do? It is driving me nuts...

Fight the system,

~~~but don't mute the opposition!~~~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2011, 12:12 AM
RE: Why is life so hard and confusing?
Sounds a bit like anxiety. That out of control feeling.

Find some balance, and know when to pick your battles and when to let things go.

Life is a big contradicting mess sometimes, and it's hard to make sense of it all, but the happier you are the better off you'll be. Avoid the things and people that don't support that and surround yourself with the things and ones that do. Speak truth to people who will listen and don't bother with ones who won't. Everyone has their thoughts and story too, but their truth doesn't have to be yours.

Is it everyone or just a few key people in your life that have you stressed right now?

Do you do the 'wrong things' according to yourself or someone else?
17-09-2011, 08:18 AM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2011 08:22 AM by Peterkin.)
(15-09-2011 09:32 PM)latvianxave8 Wrote:  Why is nothing consistent? Why are the rules of society different yesterday and will undoubtably be different tomorrow?

If it's any consolation, you will be helping to shape how it's different tomorrow - by your behaviour, words, affiliations, political and moral choices. Social mores are fluid, because society consists of many people with many ideas and feelings and requirements. It's a constantly shifting compromise. You should probably be happy about that, because there were much, much worse times to live in. Better, too, and i hope they'll get better again before you're old.

Quote:Why am I told to be intelligent in one area of life, and I am told to just let people believe what they want to believe in another?

You can be intelligent and yet not a bully. Respect the boundaries of other people's freedom to believe - and to be stupid - and hope those same boundaries apply also to your freedom. When they don't - when the limits are just on you and not them (or on them and not you!) - then you must argue, object, protest, if necessary fight, to change the rules. That's how society improves, and no other way.

Quote:Why am I allowed to get on my soap box sometimes, and why should I just let people be wrong other times?

I don't know the circumstances of your life. Make a note of the times and places you're allowed and the times and places you're forbidden and see if there is a pattern. Work it out like a puzzle. That will give you some insight into your own and other people's behaviour and thought process which will serve you well in all kinds of situations.

Quote:It's very stressful... and I don't like it... I wish I could change it but I know I can't... no one understands my position, or at least no one really says anything that helps me...

Yup. Been there. We all have, i think. Patience, fortitude, perseverance. Keep a low profile while figuring out what and how much you can get away with, what and how much you can change without drawing fire; what kind and how much active opposition you're willing to risk.
Life is a tightrope act.

Quote:What the hell should I do? It is driving me nuts...

Watch, wait, think, talk here. No going nuts. That's a cheap escape. You can do better.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
17-09-2011, 05:51 PM
reject the human species, lock yourself in a dark room and play video games until you die

even the smartest man in the world is an idiot
19-09-2011, 04:36 AM
Jus' light up a splif man, relax, you think too much. Take a vacation, get a hobby.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson