Why is lust considered a bad thing by religions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2014, 04:01 PM
RE: Why is lust considered a bad thing by religions
(03-01-2014 03:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  To be sexually attracted is not a bad thing. But sexual relationship outside the marriage is against God's law.

[Image: m76tdf.jpg]

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
03-01-2014, 04:06 PM
I miss my hair being as long as Sune's up there.

But to answer the thread; because it makes Jesus cry when people do anything pleasurable in the slightest bit. I know that answer sounds passive aggressive....that's because it is, and I don't care. Hmph!

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
03-01-2014, 04:42 PM
(03-01-2014 03:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 10:22 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  When i think about it,if humans don't have strong sexual desires we would rarely procreate and that would probably make our species go extinct so how the hell is that desire which keeps our species alive a bad thing ?

I don't get it,if its necessary for us to be sexually attracted to each other then why is it considered a bad thing?
To be sexually attracted is not a bad thing. But sexual relationship outside the marriage is against God's law.

Which god? If I don't accept the existence of your god, I obviously don't accept your god's law.

This is why we have secular governments.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
03-01-2014, 04:50 PM
(03-01-2014 04:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  Which god? If I don't accept the existence of your god, I obviously don't accept your god's law.

This is why we have orgies

Allow me to fix that for you sir

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
03-01-2014, 04:51 PM
(03-01-2014 04:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 03:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  To be sexually attracted is not a bad thing. But sexual relationship outside the marriage is against God's law.

Which god?
God Yahweh

(03-01-2014 04:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  If I don't accept the existence of your god, I obviously don't accept your god's law.
This is why we have secular governments.
Sure. I agree with you.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
03-01-2014, 11:18 PM
It's one of the many ways we know religion is myth. Sex is our strongest supposedly god-given drive, yet god expects us to only be horny when looking at our spouse, when she isn't menstruating that is.

The other day there was a long blonde haired perfect body woman robot by the side of the road bouncing around waving a sign. My wife saw me checking 'her' out before I realized it was fake. She thought it was hilarious. She knows I'm lustful but is secure and could care less. I don't car what she looks at either. god on the other hand...
03-01-2014, 11:49 PM
(03-01-2014 04:51 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 04:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  Which god?
God Yahweh

Aphrodite is better.
03-01-2014, 11:53 PM
Thank god for secular government, otherwise I would not know what shampoo or deodorant to buy.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
04-01-2014, 02:09 AM
I would like to point out that not all religions consider lust to be a bad thing. The Hindu's for example invented the Kama Sutra.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
04-01-2014, 06:30 AM
(03-01-2014 03:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 10:22 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  When i think about it,if humans don't have strong sexual desires we would rarely procreate and that would probably make our species go extinct so how the hell is that desire which keeps our species alive a bad thing ?

I don't get it,if its necessary for us to be sexually attracted to each other then why is it considered a bad thing?
To be sexually attracted is not a bad thing. But sexual relationship outside the marriage is against God's law.

Not all sexual attractions = relationships. Your view is narrow, Alla.

The bible and religions in general condemn lust because it's one of those things they cannot control. They seek control - so anything tied to powerful emotions outside their control they must squelch. As long as religion holds the "key to the kingdom" aka what behavior is good or Bad - then they remain in control.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.