Why is lust considered a bad thing by religions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2014, 07:16 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2014 07:19 AM by IndianAtheist.)
RE: Why is lust considered a bad thing by religions
(04-01-2014 02:09 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  I would like to point out that not all religions consider lust to be a bad thing. The Hindu's for example invented the Kama Sutra.
lol that's a relic of a bygone era and "Hinduism" wasn't even officially a religion until the 1947's independence,the Hinduism i know has a dogma which is both sexist and sexually demoralizing.

though i do know that kamasutra had nothing to do with God or spirituality.
(03-01-2014 03:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  To be sexually attracted is not a bad thing. But sexual relationship outside the marriage is against God's law.
well i wasn't talking about sexual relationships.

I was merely talking about why doesn't any religion let you be sexually liberated instead it wants you feel guilty for having desires which are actually quite normal.
(02-01-2014 10:29 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  The thing with sex is, it works both ways... its easy to exploit people when sex is used as leverage. Its an impulse that isn't affected by much, it takes very severe conditions to completely kill sex drive.

Use it as an incentive or as a guilt inducer and you've got them under your thumb.

Its probably the most powerful tool religion has
Exactly religions just want people to be guilty for which is something as common as taking a piss.

Most Religions label natural things as "immoral" or "sinful" for no good reason,that's why i hate unsubstantiated superstitions.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2014, 07:16 AM
(03-01-2014 03:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  ...
But sexual relationship outside the marriage is against God's law.

Erm... can I just check...

What is the punishment for breaking this law?

Ohmy

04-01-2014, 12:22 PM
(04-01-2014 07:16 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 02:09 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  I would like to point out that not all religions consider lust to be a bad thing. The Hindu's for example invented the Kama Sutra.
lol that's a relic of a bygone era and "Hinduism" wasn't even officially a religion until the 1947's independence,the Hinduism i know has a dogma which is both sexist and sexually demoralizing.

though i do know that kamasutra had nothing to do with God or spirituality.

I know it wasn't really formalized until much later, but I will say I know almost nothing about Hinduism. However, I do recall there being a "Hindu" temple that had people having sex as a decorative border around the temple.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
04-01-2014, 12:45 PM
(04-01-2014 12:22 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  I know it wasn't really formalized until much later, but I will say I know almost nothing about Hinduism. However, I do recall there being a "Hindu" temple that had people having sex as a decorative border around the temple.
you must be talking about Khajuraho monuments.. as i said earlier it isn't really a part of Hindu ideology/dogma.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
04-01-2014, 02:41 PM
(03-01-2014 12:19 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Because religious leaders want to hoard all the sex for themselves, picking whoever they want whenever they want while telling their followers the opposite. Once the leader dies the only rule that remains is "don't do that sex thing, it's reserved for the guy who died at the foundation of your religion".

e.g.
Joseph Smith
Mohamed

I would add to your list:
Warren Jeffs
David Koresh

"Nothing I do will be good enough for you ... so I will be good enough to do nothing for you." - Morey Amsterdam
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes getReal's post
04-01-2014, 03:02 PM
(03-01-2014 03:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  To be sexually attracted is not a bad thing. But sexual relationship outside the marriage is against God's law.

I recall former Pres. Jimmy Carter saying something about having once lusted in his heart after a woman and that it was considered a sin.

"Nothing I do will be good enough for you ... so I will be good enough to do nothing for you." - Morey Amsterdam
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-01-2014, 03:42 PM
(03-01-2014 04:51 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 04:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  Which god?
God Yahweh

(03-01-2014 04:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  If I don't accept the existence of your god, I obviously don't accept your god's law.
This is why we have secular governments.
Sure. I agree with you.

Alla - The God Yahweh explicitly allows polygamy and some extra concubines. Jacob had two wives (Leah+Rachel) and two concubine "handmaidens" (Bilhah+Zilpah). (all at the same time - I mean not sex with all at the exact same time - nothing wrong with polygamy in the bible + Quran)
[+] 1 user Likes Baruch's post
04-01-2014, 03:49 PM
(02-01-2014 10:22 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  When i think about it,if humans don't have strong sexual desires we would rarely procreate and that would probably make our species go extinct so how the hell is that desire which keeps our species alive a bad thing ?

I don't get it,if its necessary for us to be sexually attracted to each other then why is it considered a bad thing?

Because religious people tend to be jealous ugly bitches who can't get any.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
04-01-2014, 03:54 PM
(04-01-2014 03:42 PM)Baruch Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 04:51 PM)Alla Wrote:  God Yahweh

Sure. I agree with you.

Alla - The God Yahweh explicitly allows polygamy and some extra concubines. Jacob had two wives (Leah+Rachel) and two concubine "handmaidens" (Bilhah+Zilpah). (all at the same time - I mean not sex with all at the exact same time - nothing wrong with polygamy in the bible + Quran)

Nothing like feeding someone who uses "Yahweh" the Old Testament - straight up, neat and no rocks.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
04-01-2014, 04:00 PM
(04-01-2014 03:54 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  ... straight up, neat and no rocks.

Like a castrated Republican?

Blink