Why is necrophilia illegal?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2015, 03:19 PM
RE: Why is necrophilia illegal?
(08-08-2015 01:48 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 12:39 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Why not just use...

[Image: 6a00d83451d04569e201b7c6e1d3c6970b-500wi]

Just a suggestion.

There are some weird people in this world, when I was like 25 yo, I had a co-worker who got off on the thought of having sex with unconscious women, and he was like 22yo...how do you get that fucked at at 22yo? How do you EVER get that fucked up? My thought always was, if that is what it takes to get your motor running at 22, it is all down hill from there...what will it take to get you hard when you are 40? (don't answer that beware of gods).

He actually started dating the daughter of a master Chief Petty Officer, a cute asian girl, so one day she was like...what is your fantasy...and he said get naked and just lie there like you are asleep, don't move and don't make any noise....then he masturbated all over her and left.....think about that girl lying there, she feels him finish, then a second later hears the door close and his car drive away.....and then she actually called him back a week later, and he said, 'I thought you wouldn't call me again" and she replied....yeah...that was kinda weird, lets not do that again....

You THINK?

Facepalm

Ick. Was his last name Bundy? Hobo

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2015, 03:20 PM
(08-08-2015 03:17 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 03:08 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  "The fact that the dead body is no longer that person is irrelevant, since it remains (no pun intended) the avatar of their love of that person"

This would be such an inconsistent, even false, premise. What if the persons family hated the person, and wished malicious intent upon them? Under that scenario, using your reasoning, it may be okay to use the bodies matter for sexual purposes, or even other, perhaps worse things? How about if the family not only hated the person in life, but asked you to commit atrocities to the body because of it? I need only extend the thought from 'family' to literally 'everyone that knew the person' if you decide to use, "Even if they had no family, I consider it disrespectful to living humans to defile a dead body because the act is contemptuous of the love that people do have for their families and friends."

And, under the scenario that this sentiment seemingly works; that in life, they were indeed loved, it still falls short as a premise because it needs to be rightly argued that someones offense regarding the matters of a deceased person takes precedence over someones desire to use the deceased persons body for sexual gratification. Why should I, or anyone, withhold on something something when the only basis is that it offends others?

You are emotionally compromised. Your use of "basic human decency" here is just the replacement for "common sense" rhetoric that a common cliche-thinking fallacy suffers from. Imagine if I went on an emotional tirade about christianity, or any religion, and my only support for it all was "Well it's just damn common sense to see that christianity/islam/whatever" is true!." This is what you are doing, but I highly doubt you will admit it.

Nope apples and oranges. Ones purported belief in delusion, and the infantile comprehension level required to understand that fucking a corpse is wrong is two distinct different things. Common sense sadly isn't common.

"The common sense required to see that christianity is the one true religion is infantile at best. The evidence is everywhere. Use your damn common sense, atheist!"

Look, actually argue for your position. Just telling the opposition that it takes common sense to understand that you're right is fucking really, reeaaally stupid. You wouldn't have it if a theist did it. Don't do it yourself.
08-08-2015, 03:20 PM
(08-08-2015 03:19 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 01:48 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  There are some weird people in this world, when I was like 25 yo, I had a co-worker who got off on the thought of having sex with unconscious women, and he was like 22yo...how do you get that fucked at at 22yo? How do you EVER get that fucked up? My thought always was, if that is what it takes to get your motor running at 22, it is all down hill from there...what will it take to get you hard when you are 40? (don't answer that beware of gods).

He actually started dating the daughter of a master Chief Petty Officer, a cute asian girl, so one day she was like...what is your fantasy...and he said get naked and just lie there like you are asleep, don't move and don't make any noise....then he masturbated all over her and left.....think about that girl lying there, she feels him finish, then a second later hears the door close and his car drive away.....and then she actually called him back a week later, and he said, 'I thought you wouldn't call me again" and she replied....yeah...that was kinda weird, lets not do that again....

You THINK?

Facepalm

Ick. Was his last name Bundy? Hobo

I know right? I told him I expected to see him in the news someday...and not in a good way

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
08-08-2015, 03:26 PM
(08-08-2015 03:20 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 03:17 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Nope apples and oranges. Ones purported belief in delusion, and the infantile comprehension level required to understand that fucking a corpse is wrong is two distinct different things. Common sense sadly isn't common.

The common sense required to see that christianity is the one true religion is infantile at best. The evidence is everywhere. Use your damn common sense, atheist!

Look, actually argue for your position. Just telling the opposition that it takes common sense to understand that you're right is fucking really, reeaaally stupid. You wouldn't have it if a theist did it. Don't do it yourself.

I don't have to argue for it, fucking a corpse is sick. My personal opinion. If for some reason that is what you need to shock yourself to an erection, then that is between you and your conscious. I don't truly think you are a closet necro, I think you just like to play devil's advocate. Positing "shocking" assertions simply for the shock value is consistent with your usual forum interaction, so I won't let you draw me in. Carry on Tongue

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
08-08-2015, 03:27 PM
(08-08-2015 03:08 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  And, under the scenario that this sentiment seemingly works; that in life, they were indeed loved, it still falls short as a premise because it needs to be rightly argued that someones offense regarding the matters of a deceased person takes precedence over someones desire to use the deceased persons body for sexual gratification. Why should I, or anyone, withhold on something something when the only basis is that it offends others?

(08-08-2015 03:08 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  You are emotionally compromised. Your use of "basic human decency" here is just the replacement for "common sense" rhetoric that a common cliche-thinking fallacy suffers from. Imagine if I went on an emotional tirade about christianity, or any religion, and my only support for it all was "Well it's just damn common sense to see that christianity/islam/whatever" is true!." This is what you are doing, but I highly doubt you will admit it.

The "ownership" of the body is that of the memory of the person who once lived as that body. As empathetic human beings, if you desecrate that body you desecrate the memory of the person who once was. Again, if you are equating it to humping a mound of dirt, then your mind is already gone in regards to human society and you belong in a padded room. The fact that it would offend others is exactly the reason that it is wrong.

If you look at our justice system even serial killers sentenced to death are afforded basic human rights to existence even if everyone in the country would like to see them hanged immediately. That is our human empathy shining through even despite our intent to rid the planet of their existence.

This empathy is what we use to grant the same decency and respect to a corpse. It's a respect to the life that was. It's a basic respect of life that is, that we hold of ourselves and would like to see carried out in our name at the time of our passing.

Disregarding that is something that is not (sanely) human. You can argue all you want about what it really matters, but I'm a nihilist so I'm relegated to argue for the best that we can be as humans, not the worst....because what else do we have??

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
08-08-2015, 03:44 PM
He also edited out the second half of my argument, which is that it's irrelevant if they had no loved ones, because in this culture (and all those of which I am aware) we respect our deceased, so for you to disrespect the corpse of even a hated person is to show disrespect for all deceased. It is the principle of respect for the dead, which almost all cherish as a value in this culture (being, as pointed out by others, a social and thus moral animal), that makes it so that allowing disrespect for that body is allowing disrespect that may equally be applied to my deceased loved ones.

I understand the "logical" argument that it's "just a body", since their neurons are no longer firing, but it remains disrespectful to all persons to defile a corpse. It is an emotional argument, but not invalid for that basis; marriage is an equally illogical thing, except in terms of society-building and celebration of one another's humanity, as are many other things we practice. If you are such a sociopath that you cannot grasp this concept, then I agree with those who said they wish to have nothing to do with you.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
08-08-2015, 03:45 PM
(08-08-2015 03:27 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 03:08 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  And, under the scenario that this sentiment seemingly works; that in life, they were indeed loved, it still falls short as a premise because it needs to be rightly argued that someones offense regarding the matters of a deceased person takes precedence over someones desire to use the deceased persons body for sexual gratification. Why should I, or anyone, withhold on something something when the only basis is that it offends others?

(08-08-2015 03:08 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  You are emotionally compromised. Your use of "basic human decency" here is just the replacement for "common sense" rhetoric that a common cliche-thinking fallacy suffers from. Imagine if I went on an emotional tirade about christianity, or any religion, and my only support for it all was "Well it's just damn common sense to see that christianity/islam/whatever" is true!." This is what you are doing, but I highly doubt you will admit it.

The "ownership" of the body is that of the memory of the person who once lived as that body.

A memory 'owns' decaying organic matter.

And "god is defined as love."

What is the same in those two statements is that they are not meant to be taken literally, and its partly because they can't be. Say something objective.

Quote:if you desecrate that body you desecrate the memory of the person who once was.
No, you don't.

Simply making a positive claim proves absolutely nothing.

Quote: The fact that it would offend others is exactly the reason that it is wrong.

You disagree with me, which offends me, thus you are wrong.

So far there's been a lot of cliche-thinking fallacy going on. You rave about respect for the dead, to memories, to those who loved the dead. These are things you will find many people are emotionally invested in, which is why you are using this rhetoric.

Give an objective reason as to why someone should not use matter that holds no conscious for sexual gratification. From now on, if you talk about fee-fees, and tell me that is why somebody shouldn't do something, I will no longer address you, because that is not actually an argument.

(08-08-2015 03:26 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I don't have to argue for it, fucking a corpse is sick. My personal opinion. If for some reason that is what you need to shock yourself to an erection, then that is between you and your conscious. I don't truly think you are a closet necro, I think you just like to play devil's advocate. Positing "shocking" assertions simply for the shock value is consistent with your usual forum interaction, so I won't let you draw me in. Carry on Tongue

Your implication that for one to advocate for someones right to do something, they must also be into that 'something', themselves, is frankly wrong. Know this: I am neither playing devils advocate here, nore am I a necrophiliac. I just don't have a problem with people doing something that harms nobody, but pleases themselves. Live and let live, I say.
08-08-2015, 03:48 PM
(08-08-2015 03:44 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I understand the "logical" argument that it's "just a body", since their neurons are no longer firing, but it remains disrespectful to all persons to defile a corpse. It is an emotional argument, but not invalid for that basis; marriage is an equally illogical thing, except in terms of society-building and celebration of one another's humanity, as are many other things we practice. If you are such a sociopath that you cannot grasp this concept, then I agree with those who said they wish to have nothing to do with you.

I like you, even if you don't like me, because you are succinct in your admission that they are emotional 'arguments.' Following that, I simply disagree with you that they are not invalid; they are.
08-08-2015, 03:53 PM
Well, how 'bout this one, douchebag:

If you fuck a corpse, you can argue with the jury about why it's illogical to prosecute you for Desecration of a Corpse.

And when you get to prison, you can argue with the six guys who will promptly show up to fuck you INTO a corpse that what you did was totally logical.

Asshole.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
08-08-2015, 04:00 PM
(08-08-2015 03:48 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 03:44 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I understand the "logical" argument that it's "just a body", since their neurons are no longer firing, but it remains disrespectful to all persons to defile a corpse. It is an emotional argument, but not invalid for that basis; marriage is an equally illogical thing, except in terms of society-building and celebration of one another's humanity, as are many other things we practice. If you are such a sociopath that you cannot grasp this concept, then I agree with those who said they wish to have nothing to do with you.

I like you, even if you don't like me, because you are succinct in your admission that they are emotional 'arguments.' Following that, I simply disagree with you that they are not invalid; they are.

It is illegal in the majority of states in the U.S., and in a majority of those it is a felony.

It is illegal in the U.K., Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, and more.

That's not emotional, that's a fact.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user