Why is necrophilia illegal?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2015, 05:55 PM
RE: Why is necrophilia illegal?
(08-08-2015 05:39 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  I will always reject 'feelings' as an argument. They are not arguments. They are fallacious attempts at ones. You would usually reject them, too - especially if they favor religion - but when your own are sensibilites are triggered they are suddenly reasonable? No. Examine your bias.

Funny; I feel as though you still take others' feelings into account when considering your own actions.

I feel as though I can safely make that assumption. I mean, what with having to live in a society with others, and all.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
08-08-2015, 06:15 PM
(08-08-2015 05:39 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 05:27 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  When there is no consent to have sex, it is not sex, it is perversion and it defies every principle of a just society.

Necrophilia practiced isn't sex, agreed. It's touching your junk on inanimate matter. Has your penis ever touched an object other than yourself? If so, did it give consent first? No? You are a rapist. This is your non-reasoning, and it is fallacious.

Quote:You are arguing that a corpse is "just a body", an inanimate object and thus no different than, say, a blow-up doll. But they are not the same, because the body is a specific representation of our respect for the life that people live (even if no one respects that particular life)
Some people might say so. Others may not. Certainly more would say it is than it isn't. However, majority agreeance doesn't make something so. Furthermore. 'representation' is inherently subjective. Just because you ascribe value to something doesn't mean I can't do something that would mock that supposed value. Many say their religion should not be allowed to be mocked. They could say their religion 'represents' love and peace, and on that basis all who mock it are advocating for hate. They then kill all who mock it. This is stupid, and it uses your non-reasoning to justify itself.

Your offense to something doesn't mean anything. Nobodies does.

I will always reject 'feelings' as an argument. They are not arguments. They are fallacious attempts at ones. You would usually reject them, too - especially if they favor religion - but when your own are sensibilites are triggered they are suddenly reasonable? No. Examine your bias.

That's the second time you've ignored and/or misrepresented part of my argument. Inanimate objects are fine to do whatever you want with; my argument pointed out clearly why that dead body is not just an inanimate object.

That body is something deeply sacred to people other than yourself, and you are not allowed to defile it just because you do not consider it sacred. That's not a "majority opinion" thing, that's an absolute condition of respect, upon which all societies are built. I would likewise not care if you built a stone statute in your living room and humped that statute; but the moment I catch you humping a statute of Jesus in a church, a specific object of reverence (not just a general one, like a Jesus statute you bought), then we're going to have a problem, you and me. (Because it's much more than a matter of harmless fun, or "what causes offense"... you are deliberately doing an act that does or has potential to do grievous emotional harm to other people.) If you are "always" willing to "reject 'feelings' as an argument", then you are a sociopath. That's practically the definition! The rest of us, that is, normal human beings who exhibit empathy, care about what harms others at such a deep and traumatizing level.

I'm not even sure to what "bias" you refer. Why would I have an emotional attachment or reaction to the touching of dead bodies, beyond what everyone else (who is normal) would have? I do have an issue with such blatant disrespect of the deceased, and for reasons I have clearly enumerated.

Building a strawman out of my argument and saying "have you ever touched your penis to an inanimate object" is beyond a gross misrepresentation of my position. There is a context. If you touch your penis to a grapefruit, I don't care; if you touch your penis to a grapefruit that's in my lunchbox, then you're a sex offender. If you cannot grasp this difference... I don't know what to tell you, or why I should.

I am deeply respectful of the religious feelings of others, just not to those who try to push them into the public arena. For instance, I sit quietly while others pray at the dinner table, when I am with people of faith at meals. But when they try to start a National Day of Prayer, I'm likely to be there, protesting. That is the difference. What people do when they try to assert their religious ideas by imposing them on others is a very different ball of wax, and it is a non-sequitur to try to conflate them, as you have attempted to do here.

While I thoroughly concur that a thing is not right or wrong simply because of a popularity contest, there are many values shared among nearly every person in every society on earth: don't harm others is first among those. Thus it is not a matter of popularity, but of being a decent human being. Epic fail, bub.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
08-08-2015, 07:23 PM
(08-08-2015 06:15 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  That's the second time you've ignored and/or misrepresented part of my argument. Inanimate objects are fine to do whatever you want with; my argument pointed out clearly why that dead body is not just an inanimate object.
No. Firstly, I always cut out conjecture when I quote someone. I only keep the affirmations, and any language used to reason an affirmation. This also helps show that I won't be persuaded by a cliche-thinking fallacy, in hopes that the quotee will not employ it again and will instead stay succinct and objective.

Secondly, you made a positive claim (many times, and again in the post from which this is quoted) not an argument.

Thirdly, I did address the claim.

But I won't do it again. Instead, I'll meet your positive claims with what I should have all along:

Quote:That body is something deeply sacred to people other than yourself, and you are not allowed to defile it just because you do not consider it sacred.
Yes, I am.

Quote:That's not a "majority opinion" thing, that's an absolute condition of respect,
No, it's not.

Quote:upon which all societies are built.
No, it's not.
08-08-2015, 07:46 PM
(08-08-2015 07:23 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
Quote:That body is something deeply sacred to people other than yourself, and you are not allowed to defile it just because you do not consider it sacred.
Yes, I am.

Not if they say you're not.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-08-2015, 08:15 PM
I'm not going to discuss it beyond this point. Clearly, if someone is not willing to respect that which others hold sacred, and is unwilling to accept that doing something to a dead body which would emotionally scar almost everyone in their society if they became aware of it is ethically/morally wrong, and most importantly is unwilling to acknowledge that a modern society is built upon this kind of mutual respect, dismissing all of it as "emotional" nonsense, then they are a sociopath who is unreachable by anything other than force.

Which is, in principle at least, why we have laws (yes, even the bad ones are based on trying, however imperfectly, to prevent harm to persons and/or society), courts of law, prisons, and sex-offender registration.

I used the example of the post-pubescent child because I still don't see a difference between his position and the "logical" arguments of NAMBLA, who claim that our refusal to allow adults to have sex with 13 year olds is emotional/illogical and arbitrary. And I simply refuse to have an ongoing "debate" in which I am forced to justify not being a sex offender to a sociopathic, self-admitted sex offender.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
08-08-2015, 09:27 PM
Gilgamesh: Pro Corpse Fucking

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
08-08-2015, 10:16 PM
(08-08-2015 05:14 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  There is a logical reason to put your junk in decaying organic matter if: it gets you off.

There is no logical reason to put your junk into a rotting corpse unless you are mentally ill. Fin.

(08-08-2015 05:39 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Examine your bias.

I hold nothing sacred other than that which touches my life intimately. I hold my biases as close to myself as possible because I find that others' don't uniformly match my own and it wouldn't be fair to others to pretend that my own biases are more important than theirs....even though in all reality they are, if only because they are mine. That still doesn't make my bias sacred.

You're not wrong, Walter. You're just a really fucked up asshole.....or a decent troll. I haven't decided which.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
08-08-2015, 10:19 PM
(08-08-2015 09:27 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Gilgamesh: Pro Corpse Fucking

Well, when it's all you can get...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
08-08-2015, 10:35 PM
[Image: deadhors.gif]

Weeping

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
08-08-2015, 10:40 PM
(08-08-2015 10:35 PM)Nurse Wrote:  [Image: deadhors.gif]

Weeping

I....uh.....that's really close to what we're actually talking about. But you are right, we should move on to more lively threads and fuck this nonsense.

Angel

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post