Why is necrophilia illegal?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2015, 11:16 PM
RE: Why is necrophilia illegal?
(08-08-2015 10:40 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  we should move on to more lively threads and fuck this nonsense.

Angel

More lively... bwahahahahahahahahaha! Laughat Laugh out load

Well played. Bowing

More lively. Heh.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
09-08-2015, 12:04 AM
(08-08-2015 10:40 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 10:35 PM)Nurse Wrote:  [Image: deadhors.gif]

Weeping

I....uh.....that's really close to what we're actually talking about. But you are right, we should move on to more lively threads and fuck this nonsense.

Angel

Exactly why I chose "beating" a dead horse Tongue

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
09-08-2015, 11:41 AM
What's wrong with the OP? Sheesh! I mean, he's started threads about necrophilia, date rape, bestiality, etc. I'm thinking that he's either a sexual deviant, or, he thinks atheists are okay with these things.
09-08-2015, 12:38 PM
(09-08-2015 11:41 AM)TheBear Wrote:  What's wrong with the OP? Sheesh! I mean, he's started threads about necrophilia, date rape, bestiality, etc. I'm thinking that he's either a sexual deviant, or, he thinks atheists are okay with these things.

He's trying to connect atheism with being okay with these things, and poorly.

Atheism and nihilism are philosophical views of life, which are logically correct but neither of those broad views can accurately comment on narrow topics such as the ones in this thread. I may be a nihilist, but that doesn't prevent me from having feelings about what I do or what others do. I still live and love and feel, regardless of what ultimate sense it may or may not make in the grand view of things.

It's pretty simple. I loved my grandma, and it would suck to have a mentally perverted sonofabitch spanking her (or worse) after she's gone. If the "objective" equivalent is humping a mound of dirt, then for the sake of empathy go find a mound of dirt and leave my grandmother's corpse alone. If it's not quite the same for you, then you are not seeing things as you should and you need to seek mental help.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
09-08-2015, 12:45 PM
I am still curious as to why this this new person's first post was seen as approval worthy considering the content of the post. I am going to assume that as long as a new member isn't seen as a bot or a sock anything goes.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
09-08-2015, 12:54 PM
(09-08-2015 12:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am still curious as to why this this new person's first post was seen as approval worthy considering the content of the post. I am going to assume that as long as a new member isn't seen as a bot or a sock anything goes.

I don't see why not. It's an interesting conversation and hasn't been reduced to cheese quite yet. That's why I like this place.

But I do see your point.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
09-08-2015, 12:58 PM
(09-08-2015 12:54 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 12:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am still curious as to why this this new person's first post was seen as approval worthy considering the content of the post. I am going to assume that as long as a new member isn't seen as a bot or a sock anything goes.

I don't see why not. It's an interesting conversation and hasn't been reduced to cheese quite yet. That's why I like this place.

But I do see your point.

Seems this new person was looking only for one topic since it appears to be a drive by. Also it seems they put a lot of thought into the topic.

I suppose if there's a plus it's that we found someone as twisted as Gilgamesh. I didn't think that was possible since WC got the boot.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
09-08-2015, 01:39 PM
Well, the OP was in 2013. The real question is how the necrothread (sorry!) got revived, and why.

I strongly suspect Evenheathen was correct about the attempt to link atheism (by posing as a false atheist/nihilist) with "horrible things", so others passing by would see. It wouldn't be the first dishonest/disingenuous tactic we've seen from Christians, here.

I also agree strongly with Evenheathen that it's one of the things I love about TTA... we DO discuss such things, and we DO come up with secular reasons for our perspectives on morality. Every issue, in my opinion, should be debated thoroughly, chewed up and digested, and then reassembled if necessary into the most coherent, cohesive set of ideas we can manage. It's the basic definition of a Freethinker. If there's a reason to throw out an old idea, by all means let's figure it out! But it's an equally common mistake for people to "throw the baby out with the bathwater", when they get rid of Christianity's Bronze-Age Tribal Warrior Patriarchy's ideas about morality, discarding the good things (e.g. marriage, monogamy, and charity) along with the bad (e.g. homophobia, sexism, and blind-faith), when the former are things that can be set firmly upon secular grounding.

I am glad the pervert showed up and called us onto the carpet on these things. Reading back over the thread, I am very proud of my fellow TTA members who stood alongside me and told this sicko to sod off. If the OP and Gilgamesh were atheists, if only perhaps pretend ones, it also shows our Christian detractors who claim we're just a "circle jerk" of agreeing with our fellow atheists that this is NOT true, and shows the general public that our moral standards can be held up to those of any religion's.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
09-08-2015, 01:43 PM
This necroposter started out with necrophilia, just like Wicked Clown did...most of us know how well that turned out.

I have to hope this one was just a drive by troll.

29-04-2016, 03:23 AM
Anyone else think we should let this thread die so we can necro it later and make sweet smelly love to it?
[+] 3 users Like thewaywepray's post