• 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2016, 03:25 AM
RE: Why is necrophilia illegal?
Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2016, 10:22 PM
(29-04-2016 03:23 AM)thewaywepray Wrote:  Anyone else think we should let this thread die so we can necro it later and make sweet smelly love to it?

I like you already. Big Grin

#sigh
29-04-2016, 10:34 PM
(08-01-2013 05:54 AM)MisterMaggot Wrote:  As a mortician I know this is a controversial issue, however I feel it needs to be discussed.

After death we are legally allowed to leave our possessions to our loved ones, this includes property and money. We are also allowed to donate our organs for use by other humans, as well as for medical science. Why are we not permitted to donate/sell our corpse for the sexual gratification of necrophiliacs?

We live in a secular society in which Church and state are separate, therefore religion cannot be used to justify current laws regarding necrophilia.

Necrophilia poses no great risk to ones health. Also regular sex between the living can result in AIDS and other STDs.

This being the case what are the legal justifications for the criminalization of necrophilia?

I didn't read all the pages so it's probably been posted but:

Because the dead can't give consent. There are laws to protect the drunk, the drugged, the unconscious, the incapacitated because a person is allowed to rescind consent at any given moment during a sexual contact until it's done or completed unless they can't because they are incapacitated to do so. You can consent while alive all you want but at the moment of death you become incapacitated to continue to consent.

That's why.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
29-04-2016, 10:39 PM
[Image: frabz-First-well-kill-it-with-fire-Then-...d36b7c.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
29-04-2016, 10:42 PM
(29-04-2016 10:34 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(08-01-2013 05:54 AM)MisterMaggot Wrote:  As a mortician I know this is a controversial issue, however I feel it needs to be discussed.

After death we are legally allowed to leave our possessions to our loved ones, this includes property and money. We are also allowed to donate our organs for use by other humans, as well as for medical science. Why are we not permitted to donate/sell our corpse for the sexual gratification of necrophiliacs?

We live in a secular society in which Church and state are separate, therefore religion cannot be used to justify current laws regarding necrophilia.

Necrophilia poses no great risk to ones health. Also regular sex between the living can result in AIDS and other STDs.

This being the case what are the legal justifications for the criminalization of necrophilia?

I didn't read all the pages so it's probably been posted but:

Because the dead can't give consent. There are laws to protect the drunk, the drugged, the unconscious, the incapacitated because a person is allowed to rescind consent at any given moment during a sexual contact until it's done or completed unless they can't because they are incapacitated to do so. You can consent while alive all you want but at the moment of death you become incapacitated to continue to consent.

That's why.

Your underwear cannot give consent. Are you therefore raping your underwear when you force it to come into contact with your nether regions lol?
29-04-2016, 10:51 PM
(29-04-2016 10:42 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(29-04-2016 10:34 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I didn't read all the pages so it's probably been posted but:

That's why.

Your underwear cannot give consent. Are you therefore raping your underwear when you force it to come into contact with your nether regions lol?

Yeah, I think the corpse consent misses the point.

Necrophilia is illegal for the benefit of the living, not the dead. If I had to chose when I got raped, I'd rather it be after I was dead. It probably has more to do with our weird emotional hangups about death, and how those were warped even further by religious beliefs about the afterlife. Once you hitch your wagon to that horse, all bets are off. A lot of religious traditions place an importance on respecting the remains of the dead, as it affects the dead in the afterlife. Things like placing coins over the eyes of the dead in ancient Greece, as payment for the boatman across the river Styx. Or Egyptians and their mummification, or that Chinese Emperor and his terracotta army.

So yeah, it has everything to do with what the living think about the afterlife, and almost nothing to do with the consent (or lack thereof) of the dead individual. Granted the dead can't consent, but then again, neither does a vibrator or a fleshlight.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
29-04-2016, 10:54 PM
(29-04-2016 10:51 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(29-04-2016 10:42 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Your underwear cannot give consent. Are you therefore raping your underwear when you force it to come into contact with your nether regions lol?

Necrophilia is illegal for the benefit of the living, not the dead. If I had to chose when I got raped, I'd rather it be after I was dead. It probable has more to do in the past with our weird emotional hangups about death, and was warped even further by religious beliefs about the afterlife. Once you hitch your wagon to that horse, all bets are off. A lot of religious traditions place an importance on respecting the remains of the dead, as it affects the dead in the afterlife. Things like placing coins over the eyes of the dead in ancient Greece, payment for the boatman across the river Styx. Or Egyptians and their mummification, or that Chinese Emperor and his terracotta army.

So yeah, it has everything to do with what the living think about the afterlife, and almost nothing to do with the consent (or lack thereof) of the dead individual. Granted the dead can't consent, but then again, neither does a vibrator or a fleshlight.

I was present in much of this thread last year arguing against that angle too. And I agree with your analysis.
29-04-2016, 10:57 PM
So guys.. I thought this was funny.. http://forums.philosophyforums.com/threa...58582.html
29-04-2016, 11:02 PM
(29-04-2016 10:51 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(29-04-2016 10:42 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Your underwear cannot give consent. Are you therefore raping your underwear when you force it to come into contact with your nether regions lol?

Necrophilia is illegal for the benefit of the living, not the dead. If I had to chose when I got raped, I'd rather it be after I was dead. It probably has more to do with our weird emotional hangups about death, and how those were warped even further by religious beliefs about the afterlife. Once you hitch your wagon to that horse, all bets are off. A lot of religious traditions place an importance on respecting the remains of the dead, as it affects the dead in the afterlife. Things like placing coins over the eyes of the dead in ancient Greece, as payment for the boatman across the river Styx. Or Egyptians and their mummification, or that Chinese Emperor and his terracotta army.

A vibrator or fleshlight is not a person. Only persons (and animals in some states) has rights and protections of consent. But you knew that already and yes it is also about consent.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
29-04-2016, 11:08 PM
(29-04-2016 11:02 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(29-04-2016 10:51 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Yeah, I think the corpse consent misses the point.

A vibrator or fleshlight is not a person. Only persons (and animals in some states) has rights and protections of consent. But you knew that already and yes it is also about consent.

A carcass is not a person. Thus fucking a carcass need not require consent.