Why is necrophilia illegal?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2016, 10:00 AM
RE: Why is necrophilia illegal?
(02-05-2016 06:36 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 06:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  That has nothing to do with genetic disease.

For him and his cronies, but this has nothing to do with the actual discussion.

This has nothing to do with the actual discussion.
What point are you trying to make?

My whole point is that any so called defect can be beneficial. If it is, then we don't call it a defect anymore. I have great eyesight. I see better than most people. There are whole families that have never been able to see anything and as a result can hear things I cannot. Some even have learned to use echolocation. If I were to go deep into a cave and my flashlight dies, I would be screwed. If one of them goes in, they would not need any light at all. With no technology at all, they could probably live there. I would die. In most situations, I would be considered normal. I can see, hear, and smell. It all depends on situation. There are just positive traits and negative traits, nothing more than that. At least when it comes to genetics.

No, there are dysfunctions - they're not traits, they are parts that don't work.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-05-2016, 10:33 AM
(02-05-2016 10:00 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 06:36 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  My whole point is that any so called defect can be beneficial. If it is, then we don't call it a defect anymore. I have great eyesight. I see better than most people. There are whole families that have never been able to see anything and as a result can hear things I cannot. Some even have learned to use echolocation. If I were to go deep into a cave and my flashlight dies, I would be screwed. If one of them goes in, they would not need any light at all. With no technology at all, they could probably live there. I would die. In most situations, I would be considered normal. I can see, hear, and smell. It all depends on situation. There are just positive traits and negative traits, nothing more than that. At least when it comes to genetics.

No, there are dysfunctions - they're not traits, they are parts that don't work.

The "traits" Birdguy refers to may indeed be traits but they have nothing to do with evolution.
There is no "positive" trait or "negative" trait, per se, because there is no discernible "goal", positive or negative. Evolution is continuous.
Evolutionary traits evolve over time to pressure a species to adapt to an environment, meanwhile that environment is also adapting to it's own pressures.
A species and it's environment are very separate things and both continually evolve in separate ways. When an environment drastically changes, a species can quickly be destroyed, no matter how many traits it may have had favorable to it's environment.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
02-05-2016, 10:52 AM
(02-05-2016 10:33 AM)kim Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 10:00 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, there are dysfunctions - they're not traits, they are parts that don't work.
There is no "positive" trait or "negative" trait, per se, because there is no discernible "goal", positive or negative. Evolution is continuous.

Yes, there is a goal. The end goal of any lifeform is to reproduce. If a trait helps you get a mate, then it is a positive. If it does not, then it is not a positive.
02-05-2016, 11:32 AM
(30-04-2016 06:03 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(30-04-2016 05:44 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Wouldn't disease be an issue? Also, it's a reasonable assumption that someone who would be willing to have sex with a dead body also has no regard for human life generally.

I don't think the dead body will get any STD's and the nec'er is responsible for protecting their own selves. But to be honest I don't know. As for your second statement I don't think that necessarily follows. Again, I don't know.

Well the assumption is that someone who would be willing to have sex with a corpse would also be willing to do many other "inhuman" things for their own personal gratification, and it's a highly abnormal desire to have sex with a corpse, so it's considered inhuman/psychopathic behavior. Of course, I'm simply saying it's a reasonable assumption, not necessarily that it's true.

02-05-2016, 11:35 AM
(02-05-2016 11:32 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(30-04-2016 06:03 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I don't think the dead body will get any STD's and the nec'er is responsible for protecting their own selves. But to be honest I don't know. As for your second statement I don't think that necessarily follows. Again, I don't know.

Well the assumption is that someone who would be willing to have sex with a corpse would also be willing to do many other "inhuman" things for their own personal gratification, and it is not a normal human desire to have sex with a corpse, so it's considered inhuman. Of course, I'm simply saying it's a reasonable assumption, not necessarily that it's true.

You may be right. I wouldn't know. Laziness has become a good trait for passing on your genes these days. The welfare people out there that refuse to find legit work have loads of time to breed and have lots of kids. As much as I hate them, I have to admit that leaching off others has worked out well for them.
02-05-2016, 11:45 AM
(02-05-2016 11:35 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 11:32 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Well the assumption is that someone who would be willing to have sex with a corpse would also be willing to do many other "inhuman" things for their own personal gratification, and it is not a normal human desire to have sex with a corpse, so it's considered inhuman. Of course, I'm simply saying it's a reasonable assumption, not necessarily that it's true.

You may be right. I wouldn't know. Laziness has become a good trait for passing on your genes these days. The welfare people out there that refuse to find legit work have loads of time to breed and have lots of kids. As much as I hate them, I have to admit that leaching off others has worked out well for them.

Uh, sure.

03-05-2016, 11:18 AM
(29-04-2016 03:23 AM)thewaywepray Wrote:  Anyone else think we should let this thread die so we can necro it later and make sweet smelly love to it?

I like how you made an account just for that.
03-05-2016, 11:23 AM
(02-05-2016 11:35 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 11:32 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Well the assumption is that someone who would be willing to have sex with a corpse would also be willing to do many other "inhuman" things for their own personal gratification, and it is not a normal human desire to have sex with a corpse, so it's considered inhuman. Of course, I'm simply saying it's a reasonable assumption, not necessarily that it's true.

You really are piece of work.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
03-05-2016, 12:10 PM
(03-05-2016 11:23 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 11:35 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  You may be right. I wouldn't know. Laziness has become a good trait for passing on your genes these days. The welfare people out there that refuse to find legit work have loads of time to breed and have lots of kids. As much as I hate them, I have to admit that leaching off others has worked out well for them.

You really are piece of work.

I am just stating the obvious. In the current system, especially if Bernie sanders gets into office as president, hard work will no longer pay off. To sit on your ass to collect a government check and health care does pay very well. Especially if you sell drugs or do a job off the books. I personally knew someone on welfare. Bastard lives better than I do and I work 6 days a week.
03-05-2016, 12:22 PM
(03-05-2016 12:10 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(03-05-2016 11:23 AM)Anjele Wrote:  You really are piece of work.

I am just stating the obvious. In the current system, especially if Bernie sanders gets into office as president, hard work will no longer pay off. To sit on your ass to collect a government check and health care does pay very well. Especially if you sell drugs or do a job off the books. I personally knew someone on welfare. Bastard lives better than I do and I work 6 days a week.

So your stance is based on one person. And based on that all 'welfare people' must be the same.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat