Why is necrophilia illegal?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2013, 09:42 AM
RE: Why is necrophilia illegal?
Oooh. Well, ok.. uh, Monsieur Maggot... not that I'm suspecting anything but uh.... Confused kinda TMI.

I'll go back and read the rest of the thread now because I'm sure people have said more enlightened things than me on this sssssuuubject.

Personally, I'm not a fan of sexual intercourse with dead bodies. There, I've said it - cat's out of the bag. I know I'm being girly and all but sometimes, I kind of like a little conversation after sex... maybe share a glass of water or whatever.

Shit. Sadcryface I make it to 50 and find out I'm not quite as sexually adventurous as I thought. Weeping

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
08-01-2013, 10:30 AM
(08-01-2013 09:42 AM)kim Wrote:  Oooh. Well, ok.. uh, Monsieur Maggot... not that I'm suspecting anything but uh.... Confused kinda TMI.

I'll go back and read the rest of the thread now because I'm sure people have said more enlightened things than me on this sssssuuubject.

Personally, I'm not a fan of sexual intercourse with dead bodies. There, I've said it - cat's out of the bag. I know I'm being girly and all but sometimes, I kind of like a little conversation after sex... maybe share a glass of water or whatever.

Shit. Sadcryface I make it to 50 and find out I'm not quite as sexually adventurous as I thought. Weeping
Eww. Share a glass of water? Gross. You'll get each others germs.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
08-01-2013, 10:44 AM
(08-01-2013 10:30 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Eww. Share a glass of water? Gross. You'll get each others germs.

The Scotch usually takes care of the germs. Drinking Beverage

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
08-01-2013, 11:17 AM
What happened to the water?

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
08-01-2013, 11:22 AM
To quote George Carlin, "You don't even have to bring flowers. Most likely they're already there."

If you can't take a humorous approach to something, everything is taboo.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
08-01-2013, 11:46 AM
(08-01-2013 05:54 AM)MisterMaggot Wrote:  As a mortician I know this is a controversial issue, however I feel it needs to be discussed.

After death we are legally allowed to leave our possessions to our loved ones, this includes property and money. We are also allowed to donate our organs for use by other humans, as well as for medical science. Why are we not permitted to donate/sell our corpse for the sexual gratification of necrophiliacs?

We live in a secular society in which Church and state are separate, therefore religion cannot be used to justify current laws regarding necrophilia.

Necrophilia poses no great risk to ones health. Also regular sex between the living can result in AIDS and other STDs.

This being the case what are the legal justifications for the criminalization of necrophilia?
It take a long time for the body to decompose, during that time maggots among other things will eat your flesh and produce an environment in which your corpse becomes a not-so living disease bearer. That is why the practice of burning or burying the dead goes so far back. It's a prevention of potential diseases. Therefore if someone were permitted to establish erotic simulation with a corpse even if the person gave permission before his or her death it is still a risk that they may get diseased and thus prove to be an even bigger threat to those they interact with among the living. Epidemics have occurred in such ways and epidemics leave thousands dead.

Now after the process of deterioration when all that is left is bones the chance of disease is pretty much nilch. But the problem is that most people do not get permission from the person who the bones belonged to. In fact in many necrophilia cases the crime is disturbing the dead. I find it comforting to know that if someone decides to defile my bones after I'm dead without my permission there will be some consequence awaiting them. Many feel the same way as I do. Though I see no problem if the person has permission. But like I said, many of them don't get permission, in fact I have yet to see a case where they do have it.
10-01-2013, 12:41 AM
(08-01-2013 09:21 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(08-01-2013 08:33 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Can a corpse give consent (for sexual relations)?
Nope.
Hence it's rape.
Hence there is your legal justification.
I dunno, there's some gray area there. I understand the legal definition of rape to be (fairly simplified here) "sexual commission with another person without consent". I think the gray area is whether a corpse is a person. No doubt, it used to be. But that person is dead. Now the corpse is no longer a person. That might completely invalidate any accusations of rape, from a legal standpoint.

I'm no lawyer, I could be way off on that, but if Bill Clinton could quibble over the meaning of the word "is" in court, I think there's room to quibble over the meaning of the word "person" as it relates to a corpse.
I agree it is not a person, it is an object. With that said, I still think there is some legal justification.

Its an object that belongs to numerous people, and therefore a necrophiliac does not have the right to "use" said object. Therefore without consent of every friend and family member, which would be impossible, the necrophiliac has no more right to use the corpse, than he does to drive a strangers car around town.
10-01-2013, 12:49 AM
I can't see the attraction to anything like this... flagellation, necrophilia, bestiality.

It just seems like it's flogging a dead horse!

Dodgy

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
10-01-2013, 01:56 AM
Imo, it is illegal for a few reasons. First of all where do you draw the line? Since a corpse is dead and therefore age means nothing, what happens if someone has their eyes on a 2 year old that is dead? The kid is not alive, so there will be no psychological harm done. Do we just assume concent from everyone, so there is always enough corpses to run a business selling sex? There are also concerns of disease. What killed that person. Do you let someone have the body while it is still fresh, or do you hold onto it long enough to do std tests.

Secondly, it is also illegal for the same reasons that prostitution is illegal. The whole idea of marriage is in serious jeopardy when a guy just needs to drive to the local morgue/brothel to get laid.
10-01-2013, 02:14 AM
(10-01-2013 01:56 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  ...
Secondly, it is also illegal for the same reasons that prostitution is illegal.

No it isn't!

Tongue

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post