Why is necrophilia illegal?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2013, 02:53 AM
RE: Why is necrophilia illegal?
It's interesting that none of you seem to have read my first post - we are talking about an individual who has consented, via their will, to give their body to a necrophiliac.

Quote:That shit aint right!
Is being gay right? Is interracial sex right? Is having oral/anal sex right? Should all these things be illegal?

Quote:Can a corpse give consent (for sexual relations)?
Yes, via a will. Can a corpse consent to being cremated?

Quote:Majority don't want it, thereby it is legally justified to mke the act illegal...
This is of course how democracy works! If the majority don't like gay sex, it's illegal (and it was). Majority don't want to smoke weed, so it's illegal. Majority think all the jews should be killed, so they were (in Nazi Germany). Tyranny of the majority!

Quote:It
take a long time for the body to decompose, during that time maggots
among other things will eat your flesh and produce an environment in
which your corpse becomes a not-so living disease bearer.
Corpses are prepared in a mortuary, they are preserved with chemicals. They are decontaminated and pose no health risk. What do you think bacon is? It's a pigs corpse!

I look foreward to reading your replies.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2013, 05:11 AM
I could have "and kill all puppies in the world" in my will, doesn't mean it is legally binding that my attorney has to kill every puppy in the world.
Also, the fact that having sex with dead people is illegal overrides whatever is said on the contrary in the will anyway.

Wills are disputed in court all the time. The judge may favor highly towards the will, but other factors such as family or wife etc.. are all taken into account.

The point is that a will is not set in stone concrete solid lawful contract between two people.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
22-01-2013, 05:44 AM
(22-01-2013 02:53 AM)MisterMaggot Wrote:  It's interesting that none of you seem to have read my first post - we are talking about an individual who has consented, via their will, to give their body to a necrophiliac.

Quote:That shit aint right!
Is being gay right? Is interracial sex right? Is having oral/anal sex right? Should all these things be illegal?
[Image: K8kJq05.png]

I made this just for you!

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
22-01-2013, 03:13 PM
(22-01-2013 02:53 AM)MisterMaggot Wrote:  It's interesting that none of you seem to have read my first post - we are talking about an individual who has consented, via their will, to give their body to a necrophiliac.

I read that. It's interesting that you think it matters.

If I have it in my will that my daughter must go rob a bank, does that make it legal for her to do so? OK, so you say the bank is someone else's property, as is the money. But what if I said my body should be doused in kerosene and set ablaze on Main Street downtown? That's also illegal, but it harms nobody.

I can put this stuff in my will but it would be illegal for these final requests to be carried out because these acts would violate other existing laws.

So if you want to ask "Would it be OK for me to will my body to my relative with explicit instructions that they may have sex with my corpse and then let them sneak off to do whatever they want behind closed doors" then the answer would be "Yes, that's gross, and illegal if they get caught, but I suppose it's fine for you and your relative if that's what you want to do".

But that's not what you asked. You asked why it's illegal. The answers you have been given explain why it is generally illegal to practice necrophilia, just like it's generally illegal to rob banks for numerous reasons. Before it would be specifically legal for you to will your corpse to a necrophiliac, the general laws would have to change.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
22-01-2013, 03:50 PM
(08-01-2013 05:54 AM)MisterMaggot Wrote:  [...] however I feel it needs to be discussed.
Why? Just why on Earth would you feel the need to discuss this?

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
22-01-2013, 04:34 PM
(08-01-2013 05:54 AM)MisterMaggot Wrote:  As a mortician I know this is a controversial issue, however I feel it needs to be discussed.

Seriously? You're a mortician?! And you still have to ask why it's NOT wrong?!

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

22-01-2013, 04:39 PM
(22-01-2013 04:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(08-01-2013 05:54 AM)MisterMaggot Wrote:  As a mortician I know this is a controversial issue, however I feel it needs to be discussed.

Seriously? You're a mortician?! And you still have to ask why it's NOT wrong?!

That's seriously creepy. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-01-2013, 05:23 PM
(22-01-2013 04:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-01-2013 04:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Seriously? You're a mortician?! And you still have to ask why it's NOT wrong?!

That's seriously creepy. Consider
Awwww, come on, maybe not. Maybe he's not asking because he wants us to justify his unnatural lusts. Maybe he has no such lusts. Maybe he's simply desensitized to death the way a surgeon is desensitized to blood and gore. Maybe his desensitization made him look at the question without all the "creepy" factor that you and I have when we consider it. If so, then maybe it's a perfectly valid question with no implied creepiness and the only creepiness is that which you and I might infer.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
22-01-2013, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2013 05:49 PM by amyb.)
Because it's a taboo. Of course, there may be health concerns if you're having relations with a dead body, but the main reason people frown upon it are social/ moral reasons.

I also understand if family members wouldn't want to think of some perv "defiling" their dead aunt or something, but what if the family doesn't know? Why is is wrong then? I don't see much difference between fucking a blowup doll and fucking a corpse. Neither one are sentient, but the corpse might smell worse. You aren't actually hurting anybody by having sex with the dead, unless you catch a disease (and then you're only hurting yourself) or steal the body during a funeral service (which would be in very poor taste).

My answer would be superstition and taboo. Dead bodies are taboo in most cultures. When people talk about "respecting the dead," the idea seems to bleed over from just respecting the memory of the living person to also include respecting their dead body. It also explains monuments and cemeteries for the dead, who don't even enjoy the things. tombstones are fucking expensive. So are coffins and funerals. It's probably also related to superstitious ideas of afterlife and maybe stuff like ancestor worship, trying not to offend the dead so they won't haunt you. That, and I think many people have a knee-jerk reaction to it. People are often judgmental of people with fetishes, and when you add the taboo factor of dead bodies, people react to the idea of necrophilia in an exaggeratedly disgusted way.

I've read a lot on the topic. "the necrophiliac" by gabrielle wittkopp was thought provoking, in my opinion. I also have a signed copy of Supervert's "necrophilia variations," which isn't his best book, but I'd strongly recommend his "Perversity Think Tank" which isn't directly related to necrophilia, but much of it's sort of relevant. (I'm doing research and reading fiction as well as medical literature because I'm working on a board game about necrophilia.)

I don't think necrophilia should be illegal. I'd want it strict laws in place to keep people from just wantonly robbing graves and morgues, but I don't see a problem with the act itself. If you could donate your body to necrophiliacs when you die, and have that on your driver's license, I'd consider it. I have no personal interest in having sex with a dead person (I'm not even very fond of the living), but the idea of someone fucking me after I'm dead doesn't bother me at all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-01-2013, 06:14 PM
If permission is granted via a notarized will, then whatever. Problem is, that's not how it happens. How it happens is some guy with a freaky fetish gets a job at a mortuary and "cracks open a cold one" when no one's looking. Without that former person's consent, or the family's knowledge. Which is unjustifiable.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.