Why is the Christian God good?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2017, 10:20 AM
RE: Why is the Christian God good?
(08-07-2017 10:09 AM)Alla Wrote:  ... When Gospel claims "ALL" it includes only all those who didn't die as infants or young children, or who are not people with brain damage. Those don't even need to be baptized. They are free of sins, they are pure and clean (spiritually).

ALL human beings are born without (the biblical version of) sin Alla. It's an absolute nonsense to claim that a neonatal child has committed any sins in the real world. For one thing, until a human child attains true self-awareness, at around age 24 months onward, it simply can't commit any "sin".

Sin is a moral or ethical judgment made by others, rather than the individual so charged. Sins are not absolute—they're "manufactured" by humans, and not by any mythical gods.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
08-07-2017, 10:40 AM
Norm Deplume Wrote:Since you have repeatedly asked what good and evil are, and what is moral or immoral in this thread, how can you know that you are fighting to overcome evil rather than adding to it?
I just believe it.
We all believe that we do good when we do something with clean conscience.
We all know that we do evil when we do it in the darkness of the night(in secret from others). When we have to cover up.
So, how will true God judge us?
According to the Gospel heavenly court will judge our conscience(our heart and mind) unlike earthly courts. They can not judge someone conscience. Even though I think they try their best to judge intentions and understanding of another person.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
08-07-2017, 10:47 AM
SYZ Wrote:ALL human beings are born without (the biblical version of) sin Alla.
This is what the Gospel of Christ claims, too. ALL people are born clean and pure.
BTW, the Bible doesn't claim that people are born with sin.

08-07-2017, 10:56 AM
Norm Deplume Wrote:You can only learn what death is from other people's deaths, not your own because you are dead. You have ceased to be. You are no more. You are an ex-human being.

We have different believes of what mortal man is. You probably believe that mortal is "flesh, bones and blood". I believe that mortal man is intelligent spirit that temporarily lives in mortal physical body flesh, bones and blood.
When intelligent spirit leaves physical mortal body he or she experiences physical death. He or she remembers what it is like. God remembers what it means to be dead.

P.S. If you your belief is true then my belief is false.

08-07-2017, 10:58 AM
(08-07-2017 10:40 AM)Alla Wrote:  
Norm Deplume Wrote:Since you have repeatedly asked what good and evil are, and what is moral or immoral in this thread, how can you know that you are fighting to overcome evil rather than adding to it?
I just believe it.
We all know that we do evil when we do it in the darkness of the night(in secret from others). When we have to cover up.
According to the Gospel heavenly court will judge our conscience(our heart and mind) unlike earthly courts. They can not judge someone conscience. Even though I think they try their best to judge intentions and understanding of another person.

This seems to be a little silly. If the prime criterion is intention then any action can be claimed to be good, no matter how repugnant or harmful it might be to others. Moreover, if the action is carried out without any attempt at concealment the it cannot qualify as evil under your classification.

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

08-07-2017, 11:07 AM
(08-07-2017 10:58 AM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  
(08-07-2017 10:40 AM)Alla Wrote:  I just believe it.

This seems to be a little silly. If the prime criterion is intention then any action can be claimed to be good, no matter how repugnant or harmful it might be to others. Moreover, if the action is carried out without any attempt at concealment the it cannot qualify as evil under your classification.

If intent is prime criterion then it isn't little silly just reprehensible. Lenin wanted good for people* - judging by intent he should be in paradise with people killed during his short rule. Same can be said about most dictators I think.

*Not all obviously

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
08-07-2017, 11:51 AM
mordant Wrote:When you experience pain, you know what it is. You don't need to experience more.
Every new pain is new battle. It is about having battles and learning how to win them. Every new battle also brings more knowledge and more experience. It doesn't mean we have to win every one of them. It is all about our efforts. It is all about doing our best.
mordant Wrote:I understand of course that your wider point is that we are supposedly here to learn how to vanquish evil so we can become gods. Problem is, the gods clearly haven't vanquished it and have now run from their responsibility by turning over their vanquishing to us.
Evil is something that exists from eternity to eternity. There is no such thing as absolute beginning of evil/or good. There is no such thing as an absolute end of evil /or good.
Everyone suppose to have his or her own battles of mortality Gods had their battles of mortality.
According to the Gospel of Christ only those who were mortals and had their battles may have eternal progression. This life is very important part of our ETERNAL existence in order to achieve eternal progression or Godhood. Our existence has no absolute beginning and no absolute end. But there are more than one relative beginnings and endings.
You and I are eternal material. We come from eternity we go into eternity.

08-07-2017, 11:59 AM
Szuchow Wrote:If intent is prime criterion then it isn't little silly just reprehensible. Lenin wanted good for people* - judging by intent he should be in paradise with people killed during his short rule. Same can be said about most dictators I think.

*Not all obviously
Did Lenin want good for the people? Or did Lenin seek power? Was it about his own ego?
I have no idea.
But I believe that God knows.
Because we have no idea, we(LDS) do Temple work for people like Lenin or any other dictator.
According to the Gospel of Christ even dictators will be saved. Christ saved ALL people from hell. Even corrupt Bible claims that ALL men will LIVE(will be saved) because of Christ's atonement. ALL men except those who sin against the Holy Ghost. It will be just few of those.

08-07-2017, 12:09 PM
(08-07-2017 11:59 AM)Alla Wrote:  Did Lenin want good for the people?

He did. Read a book sometime. Though it could be more accurate to say humanity instead of people (as in humans in general, not people in particular).

Quote:Or did Lenin seek power? Was it about his own ego?

Can't one seek power to do what one thinks good? Can't one be happy about it?

Quote:I have no idea.

Obviously.

Quote:But I believe that God knows.

I think that if your imagined deity were to exist then he wouldn't mind red terror. It's not like this made up petulant man child had something against genocide. But he had something about tattoos. Gotta have priorities.

Quote:Because we have no idea, we(LDS) do Temple work for people like Lenin or any other dictator.

Congratulations. One couldn't sum up religion better that you just did.

Quote:According to the Gospel of Christ even dictators will be saved.

So it shows that whatever thought up bunk you call your religion wasn't even amoeba on morality scale.

Quote:Christ saved ALL people from hell. Even corrupt Bible claims that ALL men will LIVE(will be saved) because of Christ's atonement. ALL men except those who sin against the Holy Ghost. It will be just few of those.

That sums up you cult even better - genocidal maniacs go to heaven, people who say something about third user of one account got to suffer. Despicable is mildest word that can be used here.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
08-07-2017, 12:14 PM
Szuchow Wrote:This seems to be a little silly. If the prime criterion is intention then any action can be claimed to be good, no matter how repugnant or harmful it might be to others. Moreover, if the action is carried out without any attempt at concealment the it cannot qualify as evil under your classification.

Any action is neither good nor evil but neutral.
Only law can make every action either good or evil.
Breaking men's laws is called crime. Breaking God's laws is called sin.
When there is no law there is no crime/sin. When there is no crime/sin there is accountability. It is simple as that.
This is how God will judge ALL people: He will judge them according to what they know. If a man knows that
what he is doing is crime /or sin and doing it any way he is doing evil and he has to be accountable.
But God will also judge men according to their understanding of the law. I may know the law but I still have to understand it correctly. If I don't have correct understanding I can not be accountable in eyes of God.
Parent can not punish a child who knows the instruction but can not understand it correctly.