Why is the Christian God good?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2017, 11:45 AM
RE: Why is the Christian God good?
Oh yeah, God's good. He's a real wonder when he's not getting people raped, pillaged, killed, forced into slavery, or inflicted with disease and starvation.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
06-07-2017, 07:32 PM
(06-07-2017 11:45 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Oh yeah, God's good. He's a real wonder when he's not getting people raped, pillaged, killed, forced into slavery, or inflicted with disease and starvation.

> To paraphrase George Carlin: These are not the sorts of things I would expect to see on the résumé of an all-loving, all-powerful God. This is what I would expect from an office temp with a bad attitude. Consider
[+] 4 users Like Gwaithmir's post
06-07-2017, 07:58 PM
M.Linoge Wrote:Except in the cases when the "bad things" break us into despair or turns us into awful people: The lesson learned is anger and cruelty towards others in an ongoing cycle.
But yeah, bully for those who only suffer a little bit and feel stronger afterwards
Nobody can be denied an opportunity to face an opposition.
No matter what we become we still learn.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
06-07-2017, 08:10 PM
mordant Wrote:All of that because, according to Alla, a god-ordained "test" of childhood torture that they failed to learn from apparently -- thus becoming the instrument of more "tests" for several more families. God knows best. Glory be.
This life is an opportunity to learn to be good by doing good. We are all given this opportunity.
We come here then we make choices. Some of us make very evil choices.
It was not test from God. God didn't tell those ex cons to kill those families.

06-07-2017, 08:24 PM
Robvalue Wrote:Kid is born with an incurable horrible disease; kid dies in agony. What exactly did the kid learn? What was the point of that?
He learns what pain and suffering is. He learns what it means to have a family - loving mother and father. He learns what death is. He may learn more things.
He also obtains physical body. It is not possible to have eternal progression without physical body. If our God didn't have physical body He would never become God. Our God also knows what pain, suffering and death are. If He didn't He wouldn't be All-knowing. He wouldn't understand us.

Robvalue Wrote:I see that God is apparently not interested in humans being happy, it wants them to just go through whatever it wants them to goes through, whether they want to or not. This God is a dick.
According to the Gospel of Christ only those who wanted to come to this world have privilege to be born here and to obtain physical bodies. 1/3 of God's children(our brothers and sisters) rejected this opportunity. They will never become Gods. They will never have eternal progression. God doesn't force anyone to be born in this world.
If my child agrees to be in the boot camp I will send him/her. All kind of things will happen there but if he/she learns some important things which will lead to progression then it is GOOD. Someone may say that I am a dick for doing this to my child but I would know that they have no idea what they are talking about.

06-07-2017, 08:33 PM
mordant Wrote:Suffering is a test or lesson for the benefit of the sufferer and/or or their loved ones.
Not always. Sometimes it is for the reason to test someone.
But the main reason is to become like Gods who KNOW good and EVIL.
Without experiencing pain you can not know what it is. You can not be like Gods.
Without having an opposition - evil - we can not to learn how to fight it. Gods have to know how to fight evil. They MUST know how to do this.
Humans have such a progress in fighting all kind of evil. We are learning. We are progressing. Nobody is doing this for us. We should be proud of ourselves.

06-07-2017, 08:54 PM
(06-07-2017 08:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  If our God didn't have physical body He would never become God. Our God also knows what pain, suffering and death are. If He didn't He wouldn't be All-knowing. He wouldn't understand us.

So let me get this straight. Until your god got a body, he was not god. Facepalm
So the billions of years before that happened, there was no god ? Your god is SO stupid, he could SEE and imagine what suffering was, but had to experience it, to know it.
Damn stupid god ya got there. Weeping

There has to be a word for this endless, mindless cooking-up of pious sentimental drivel.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
06-07-2017, 11:09 PM
(06-07-2017 08:10 PM)Alla Wrote:  It was not test from God. God didn't tell those ex cons to kill those families.

Neither did God saved them while he totally could. Afterall, those families didn't chose to die by the hands of those ex cons. Do you know why Spiderman is considered a good guy and a hero?

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
07-07-2017, 03:12 AM
(06-07-2017 08:33 PM)Alla Wrote:  
mordant Wrote:Suffering is a test or lesson for the benefit of the sufferer and/or or their loved ones.
Not always. Sometimes it is for the reason to test someone.
Without experiencing pain you can not know what it is. You can not be like Gods.
Without having an opposition - evil - we can not to learn how to fight it. Gods have to know how to fight evil. They MUST know how to do this.
Humans have such a progress in fighting all kind of evil. We are learning. We are progressing. Nobody is doing this for us. We should be proud of ourselves.

> So, how did Job's family and servants feel about being murdered because God wanted to "teach us a lesson" by winning a bet with the Devil?

> How did millions of people feel about living horribly and dying ignominious deaths under the yoke of slavery because God wanted to "test" them?

> How did millions of Egyptian boys feel about being struck dead by God because he wanted to teach the Pharaoh a lesson?

> How did millions of non-Christian peoples around the globe feel about being killed, having their lands stolen, and their cultures destroyed in wars of conquest in God's name?

> Indeed, humans are gradually making progress against evil, and one of those chief evils retarding the progress of humanity is the puerile and ignorant practice of religion.

> “Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” (Steven Weinberg) Consider
[+] 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post
07-07-2017, 04:25 AM
(07-07-2017 03:12 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(06-07-2017 08:33 PM)Alla Wrote:  Not always. Sometimes it is for the reason to test someone.

> So, how did Job's family and servants feel about being murdered because God wanted to "teach us a lesson" by winning a bet with the Devil?

> How did millions of people feel about living horribly and dying ignominious deaths under the yoke of slavery because God wanted to "test" them?

> How did millions of Egyptian boys feel about being struck dead by God because he wanted to teach the Pharaoh a lesson?

> How did millions of non-Christian peoples around the globe feel about being killed, having their lands stolen, and their cultures destroyed in wars of conquest in God's name?

> Indeed, humans are gradually making progress against evil, and one of those chief evils retarding the progress of humanity is the puerile and ignorant practice of religion.

> “Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” (Steven Weinberg) Consider

They end up in heaven and all is good. Drinking Beverage

I am still flabbergasted that you guys still try to argue with this person(as) as it is clear that Alla is willing and able to cunjure up any bullshit story to justifiy her version of fable, or just completely ignore the fact this he/she/they are contradicting itself constantly. Its (imho) a complete waste of time to talk to this person.

The only difference between this person and most idiots who get banned right away after joining TTA is not content but behaviour (although i kinda think its insulting to the victims of her deity to claim that at least they will be rewarded later...). The content of quite a few conspiracy nuts and theists is significantly better than this mormon nutcase.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 4 users Like Deesse23's post