Why is the U.S. government spying on journalists?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2013, 01:25 AM
http://rt.com/usa/obama-scandal-proves-ap-260/

Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2013, 03:05 AM
RE: Why is the U.S. government spying on journalists?
Coz it's fun, yo.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
15-05-2013, 08:31 AM
Because oppressive laws passed in the wake of 9-11 allow it too. We should all be concerned about this but frankly I and I your style allows many to ignore you and your legitimate concerns.
[+] 2 users Like JAH's post
16-05-2013, 09:07 AM
because alot of journalists will go anywhere or do anything to get a good story. Alot of them even falsify information, just to up their ratings a tad. like that nutjob on CNN that was getting shot at in libya, just to get a story with some rebel leader.

Some things shouldn't be reported on. I.e Intelligence reports, troop movements, important meetings etc.etc. but reporters will try to shove their way into things of this nature. which will weaken our military, and possibly cause the loss of more life, just because they want to be famous.

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
16-05-2013, 09:10 AM
(16-05-2013 09:07 AM)Likos02 Wrote:  because alot of journalists will go anywhere or do anything to get a good story. Alot of them even falsify information, just to up their ratings a tad. like that nutjob on CNN that was getting shot at in libya, just to get a story with some rebel leader.

Some things shouldn't be reported on. I.e Intelligence reports, troop movements, important meetings etc.etc. but reporters will try to shove their way into things of this nature. which will weaken our military, and possibly cause the loss of more life, just because they want to be famous.

Rolleyes You must watch faux news.
20-05-2013, 09:26 AM
No...actually I don't. I hate repub conservative media. But being a member of the military I'm speaking from that front. I don't want to die because some journalist couldn't keep his mouth shut.

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
20-05-2013, 09:36 AM
(15-05-2013 08:31 AM)JAH Wrote:  Because oppressive laws passed in the wake of 9-11 allow it too. We should all be concerned about this but frankly I and I your style allows many to ignore you and your legitimate concerns.

I second this post I and I.

The way you conduct yourself is in fact turning people off.

You want critical thinking??? Apply some to yourself Cool

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
20-05-2013, 10:15 AM
(20-05-2013 09:26 AM)Likos02 Wrote:  No...actually I don't. I hate repub conservative media. But being a member of the military I'm speaking from that front. I don't want to die because some journalist couldn't keep his mouth shut.

They weren't spying on journalists that had anything to do with war planning and strategies.