Why is there a lot of religious people on Instagram?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2015, 10:04 AM
I have a instagram account where I mostly share pictures of my cat and other photography..but recently I made a mistake posting something to do with atheism and boom, I got ton of hate comments saying I was a bad person and I should find god, you know those comments and some were even violent, they didn't bother me but what I found was funny is when I went to their instagram accounts they say they are a follower of god or something along the lines of that and say they love life and people, etc. because I posted something about atheism, they get all offended and start threatening. In the end, it just makes them people look even worse. I removed the post since then and finally back to normal..wont be doing that again! Just going to keep it strictly my photography.

On another note, if I post something anti-religious or pro atheism on Twitter, I get ton of retweets and favorites and no hate replies.

Social Media is very strange. Still makes me wonder why so many religious people are on Instagram, has anyone ever noticed?

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2015, 11:45 AM
RE: Why is there a lot of religious people on Instagram?
I don't use either of those but if my understanding is correct, Instagram is for pics and Twitter is for text.

This should tell you all you need to know.

One of them requires a degree of literacy... so, if you can't or won't read ... not even that one book

QED

Big Grin

26-03-2015, 12:23 PM
(26-03-2015 11:45 AM)DLJ Wrote:  One of them requires a degree of literacy... so, if you can't or won't read ... not even that one book

Twitter? Literacy? Good one.
[+] 2 users Like DeadChannel's post
26-03-2015, 04:34 PM

pssst....they are everywhere

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
26-03-2015, 06:19 PM
The kinky folk use tumblr.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-03-2015, 12:05 PM
The primary question is "Why are there a lot of religious people?" Until that issue is solved, like Angie said, they are going to be pretty much everywhere.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.