Why is there something rather than nothing argument????

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2016, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2016 04:40 PM by Fatbaldhobbit.)
RE: Why is there something rather than nothing argument????
(21-11-2016 03:12 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(21-11-2016 08:33 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  To reiterate:

To clarify:

Has someone on this site shown reverence to Dawkins?
Has someone on this site expressed admiration for Dawkins beyond his professional credentials?
Has someone on this site exhibited hero-worship for Dawkins?

Again, cite links to posts/threads. The search engine on the forum is pretty good and should make it fairly easy to provide.

Ding

Wow. One thread with a couple of posts. Seriously. Yawn. Weak sauce.

ETA:
If that's the best example you've got, and I'm guessing it is, then I call bullshit. Marginal at best.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2016, 04:21 PM
[Image: c5MZc3V.png]

...and there it is. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-11-2016, 05:15 PM
(20-11-2016 11:35 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  You realize he just essentially called every muslim in the world a nazi right?

He did no such thing. He equated levels of stupidity. In NO WAY did he equate ideologies.
You do seen to have quite a problem with critical thinking.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
21-11-2016, 05:31 PM
(21-11-2016 04:19 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(21-11-2016 03:12 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Ding

Wow. One thread with a couple of posts. Seriously. Yawn. Weak sauce.

ETA:
If that's the best example you've got, and I'm guessing it is, then I call bullshit. Marginal at best.

It was you who asked me to specify links and failed to specify the quantity, indeed in your post you kept reiterating the statement of 'has someone', some one. Making it seem like you were looking for just one example, and so I gave you one example.
21-11-2016, 06:01 PM
(21-11-2016 05:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(20-11-2016 11:35 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  You realize he just essentially called every muslim in the world a nazi right?

He did no such thing. He equated levels of stupidity. In NO WAY did he equate ideologies.

So its okay for me to feel the same way about atheists as I do Stalin? Yes this may be a logical fallacy but so is comparing things to Hitler, Hitler has his own logical fallacy named after him.
21-11-2016, 06:02 PM
(21-11-2016 06:01 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(21-11-2016 05:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  He did no such thing. He equated levels of stupidity. In NO WAY did he equate ideologies.

So its okay for me to feel the same way about atheists as I do Stalin? Yes this may be a logical fallacy but so is comparing things to Hitler, Hitler has his own logical fallacy named after him.

Nice try at evasion.
You think we don't know that ?
Germany was a Christian nation. They allowed him to come to power and operate, and do what he did.
No it's not OK.
You have no clue about how many people either of these two people actually murdered.
I believe Russia also was a Christian nation.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
21-11-2016, 06:15 PM
(21-11-2016 06:02 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-11-2016 06:01 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  So its okay for me to feel the same way about atheists as I do Stalin? Yes this may be a logical fallacy but so is comparing things to Hitler, Hitler has his own logical fallacy named after him.

Nice try at evasion.
Germany was a Christian nation. They allowed him to come to power and operate, and do what he did.
No it's not OK.
You have no clue about how many people either of these two people actually murdered.

Evasion? You're the one who is going off topic here. I was just using them as an example.

IE

Nazis were ovine in their stupidity for following Hitler, Muslims are ovine in their ovine stupidity for following islam (insinuating muslims are the same as nazis).
21-11-2016, 06:24 PM
(21-11-2016 06:15 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(21-11-2016 06:02 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nice try at evasion.
No it's not OK.

Evasion? You're the one who is going off topic here. I was just using them as an example.

IE

Nazis were ovine in their stupidity for following Hitler, Muslims are ovine in their ovine stupidity for following islam (insinuating muslims are the same as nazis).

And Dawkins said NO SUCH thing. The thing he was equating was their stupidity, not their ideology. I repeat. Critical thinking is obviously not your strength.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
21-11-2016, 06:27 PM
(21-11-2016 06:24 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-11-2016 06:15 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Evasion? You're the one who is going off topic here. I was just using them as an example.

IE

And Dawkins said NO SUCH thing. The thing he was equating was their stupidity, not their ideology. I repeat. Critical thinking is obviously not your strength.

If he needed to make a dash against their stupidity there was no need to add hitler and nazism in there, secondly one is not stupid merely for their religion.
21-11-2016, 06:52 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2016 06:57 PM by Full Circle.)
(21-11-2016 03:12 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(21-11-2016 08:33 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  To reiterate:

To clarify:

Has someone on this site shown reverence to Dawkins?
Has someone on this site expressed admiration for Dawkins beyond his professional credentials?
Has someone on this site exhibited hero-worship for Dawkins?

Again, cite links to posts/threads. The search engine on the forum is pretty good and should make it fairly easy to provide.

Ding

Shit, the gig is up, WC discovered that we all worship the ground RD walks on. I'm glad we've been outed because I don't know how much longer I could have kept my adoration for him under wraps. Rolleyes

How underwhelming. Drinking Beverage

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce