Why is there something rather than nothing argument????

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2016, 06:59 PM
RE: Why is there something rather than nothing argument????
(21-11-2016 06:52 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(21-11-2016 03:12 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Ding

Shit, the gig is up, WC discovered that we all worship the ground RD walks on. I'm glad we've been outed because I don't know how much longer I could have kept my adoration for him under wraps. Rolleyes

How underwhelming. Drinking Beverage

I don't aim to impress, just to satisfy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2016, 07:10 PM
(21-11-2016 05:31 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(21-11-2016 04:19 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Wow. One thread with a couple of posts. Seriously. Yawn. Weak sauce.

ETA:
If that's the best example you've got, and I'm guessing it is, then I call bullshit. Marginal at best.

It was you who asked me to specify links and failed to specify the quantity, indeed in your post you kept reiterating the statement of 'has someone', some one. Making it seem like you were looking for just one example, and so I gave you one example.

Yes. You have found one poster that marginally fulfilled the conditions I stated.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
21-11-2016, 07:11 PM
(21-11-2016 06:27 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(21-11-2016 06:24 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  And Dawkins said NO SUCH thing. The thing he was equating was their stupidity, not their ideology. I repeat. Critical thinking is obviously not your strength.

If he needed to make a dash against their stupidity there was no need to add hitler and nazism in there, secondly one is not stupid merely for their religion.

Quote:I don't aim to impress, just to satisfy.

When were you planning on starting to do that ?

What are you doing here, anyway, -9 ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
21-11-2016, 07:17 PM
(21-11-2016 07:10 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(21-11-2016 05:31 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  It was you who asked me to specify links and failed to specify the quantity, indeed in your post you kept reiterating the statement of 'has someone', some one. Making it seem like you were looking for just one example, and so I gave you one example.

Yes. You have found one poster that marginally fulfilled the conditions I stated.

You are most welcome.
21-11-2016, 07:25 PM
I must have missed something. All I saw is that Undergroundp was excited that Dawkins, a famous author, was coming to her town. Nothing that even resembled reverence.

Indeed, one of the responses from our members was "ask him why he's so strident".

Hardly constitutes reverence. I respect him for some of his science writing, and I actually think he does a lot of harm to atheism with his poor approach to epistemology in attacking religion. Many, many people are better at it.

I just don't like seeing people use bullshit arguments. If you're going to attack him, attack him on grounds of what he really is saying, rather than twisting it.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 6 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
21-11-2016, 07:36 PM
(21-11-2016 07:25 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I must have missed something. All I saw is that Undergroundp was excited that Dawkins, a famous author, was coming to her town. Nothing that even resembled reverence.

Indeed, one of the responses from our members was "ask him why he's so strident".

Hardly constitutes reverence. I respect him for some of his science writing, and I actually think he does a lot of harm to atheism with his poor approach to epistemology in attacking religion. Many, many people are better at it.

I just don't like seeing people use bullshit arguments. If you're going to attack him, attack him on grounds of what he really is saying, rather than twisting it.

If a man didn't tie a rope there'd be no need to for anyone to untie it.

I'm not twisting his words I'm trying to untwist them so you can understand. For people who take everything so literally (which I've come to observe is what a lot of people on here do) it seems that they have more trouble understanding the implications of wording.

I'm sorry if I'm failing you.
21-11-2016, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2016 08:35 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(21-11-2016 07:36 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(21-11-2016 07:25 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I must have missed something. All I saw is that Undergroundp was excited that Dawkins, a famous author, was coming to her town. Nothing that even resembled reverence.

I'm not twisting his words I'm trying to untwist them so you can understand. For people who take everything so literally (which I've come to observe is what a lot of people on here do) it seems that they have more trouble understanding the implications of wording.

... said the man who can't tell the difference between an ideology and an adjective.
I think we'll be just fine without your wisdom. Cough cough.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-11-2016, 12:51 AM
(21-11-2016 07:36 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  

But I don't fail to understand the implications of wording. I totally get what you think it means, and I am explaining to you why you're reading too much into it.

He is entitled to state that he is as disgusted by ovine nature of people who blindly fanaticize their local sports team, rooting for the paid mercenary athletes who aren't even from there, sometimes starting fights and berating anyone who doesn't support the "local" team, as he is with people who blindly follow the teachings of the culture/country in which they happen to be born. It doesn't mean he thinks Muslims are sports fans, only that he finds both "blind follower"-type behaviors equally stupid.

If you add more to it, then you are the one twisting what he is saying.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
22-11-2016, 07:24 AM
(22-11-2016 12:51 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(21-11-2016 07:36 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  If a man didn't tie a rope there'd be no need to for anyone to untie it.

But I don't fail to understand the implications of wording. I totally get what you think it means, and I am explaining to you why you're reading too much into it.

He is entitled to state that he is as disgusted by ovine nature of people who blindly fanaticize their local sports team, rooting for the paid mercenary athletes who aren't even from there, sometimes starting fights and berating anyone who doesn't support the "local" team, as he is with people who blindly follow the teachings of the culture/country in which they happen to be born. It doesn't mean he thinks Muslims are sports fans, only that he finds both "blind follower"-type behaviors equally stupid.

If you add more to it, then you are the one twisting what he is saying.

He could have equally said that he was baffled by the ovine stupidity of islam and its followers without adding Hitler and the Nazis in there. It wasn't me who added more words than he ought to have.
22-11-2016, 07:56 AM
Sure, twisting someone's name is the lowest hanging fruit, but data mining undergroundp of all people... celestial wanker.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post