Why is there such an obsession with Foreskins in the OT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2014, 02:11 PM
RE: Why is there such an obsession with Foreskins in the OT
(04-03-2014 02:09 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
Quote:a stated purpose of the law was to set Israel apart from other nations. Circumcision would discourage frivolous converts, don'tcha think?

Alpha,
Doesn't God care about frivolous converts to Christianity? No circumcision needed, correct?
Doc
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2014, 02:12 PM
(04-03-2014 02:09 PM)alpha male Wrote:  Why do you have a need to lie about me, Robby?

..........and...........here's the derailment.

taaadaaaSmartass

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
04-03-2014, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 02:18 PM by alpha male.)
(04-03-2014 02:08 PM)Impulse Wrote:  It is...
Typical atheist maneuver. Why answer the question when you can deny and dodge it instead?
[+] 1 user Likes alpha male's post
04-03-2014, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 03:49 PM by WitchSabrina.)
(04-03-2014 02:13 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
Typical theist maneuver. Why answer the question when you can deny and dodge it instead?

A confession!!!
YAY

lol

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
04-03-2014, 02:18 PM
(04-03-2014 01:32 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Just ignore him. Seriously. His whole point of posting in this thread is to complain about the hyperbole of the use of the word "obsession".
Actually, Sparky, we're in agreement. Other people disagree that it's hyperbole, though.
04-03-2014, 02:18 PM
(04-03-2014 02:13 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
Typical theist maneuver. Why answer the question when you can deny and dodge it instead?
Yes, it is a typical theist maneuver... Laugh out load

It's also a typical theist maneuver to set someone up for such a stupid remark. You knew I couldn't answer any other way and be consistent. Wow, such "debating" skills. Laughat You truly did flunk Logic 101 I see.

Edit:
Since you edited your post to say "atheist", I'll edit mine to point out it was one hell of a Freudian slip! Big Grin

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
04-03-2014, 02:19 PM
(04-03-2014 02:11 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Alpha,
Doesn't God care about frivolous converts to Christianity? No circumcision needed, correct?
Doc
Correct.
04-03-2014, 02:22 PM
(04-03-2014 02:18 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 02:13 PM)alpha male Wrote:  Typical theist maneuver. Why answer the question when you can deny and dodge it instead?
Yes, it is a typical theist maneuver... Laugh out load

It's also a typical theist maneuver to set someone up for such a stupid remark. You knew I couldn't answer any other way and be consistent. Wow, such "debating" skills. Laughat You truly did flunk Logic 101 I see.
Sure, egg on my face for forgetting to add the "a," Drooling but you're correct: you couldn't answer in a satisfactory way. It was an unreasonable question, as is the OP.
04-03-2014, 02:23 PM
Why is there such an obsession with Foreskins in the OT
^ Christianity set the bar extra low for guys like this who need to be told what to think, and repeat it back like a parrot.

β€œIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
04-03-2014, 02:26 PM
(04-03-2014 02:22 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 02:18 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Yes, it is a typical theist maneuver... Laugh out load

Sure, egg on my face for forgetting to add the "a," Drooling but you're correct: you couldn't answer in a satisfactory way. It was an unreasonable question, as is the OP.
Regarding the OP, plenty of other people provided answers. If you couldn't come up with one, it's not because the question was unreasonable.

And that's not egg that's on your face. Laughat

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post