Why is this a Contradiction?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2011, 02:00 AM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2011 02:05 AM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Why is this a Contradiction?
(26-12-2011 10:22 PM)Egor Wrote:  There's this conclusion I've come to about Bible contradictions. Christians don't seem to have a problem with them. Atheists do. ... I think that makes Bible contradictions a non-issue.
Non-issues to this atheist, Christian. I mean I never thought the Bible was meant to be read literally. My 10-year Lutheran education from K-9 never instilled that thought in me. Were they supposed to?

(26-12-2011 10:22 PM)Egor Wrote:  But atheists have no business reading the Bible, given they don't even believe God exists.

Yeah, don't tell me what I'm allowed to read fuckwad. I still read the bible for inspiration, but I stick to the Red Letters, and I eat them like I do fish, fully prepared to separate the flesh from the bones with my tongue and spit the shit out.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2011, 02:28 AM
(28-12-2011 02:00 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-12-2011 10:22 PM)Egor Wrote:  But atheists have no business reading the Bible, given they don't even believe God exists.

Yeah, don't tell me what I'm allowed to read fuckwad. I still read the bible for inspiration, but I stick to the Red Letters, and I eat them like I do fish, fully prepared to separate the flesh from the bones with my tongue and spit the shit out.

YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO READ THIS SENTENCE, GIRLYMAN!

Told you not to Tongue Now the glory of Egor will descend upon you, and His mercy will do strange things unto you.

Quote:"I'm a Christian! I'm a Christian! Here look, all the truth in the world is contained in this book!"
"Er, I've read that book and I don't think so."
"Fuck you, you've got no business reading my truth book. Only people who believe God exists can read my truth book."

On topic Tongue Chasing contradictions contained in the Bible, where the Bible contradicts itself, is a chimera - there's always some weasel way out. But after enough weaseling people are bound to start wondering wtf people were smoking back in the day, so pointing them out is still important.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
28-12-2011, 04:30 AM
(28-12-2011 02:28 AM)morondog Wrote:  YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO READ THIS SENTENCE, GIRLYMAN!

I see nothing. I was not here. I did not even get up this morning.

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-12-2011, 04:57 AM
(28-12-2011 04:30 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-12-2011 02:28 AM)morondog Wrote:  YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO READ THIS SENTENCE, GIRLYMAN!

I see nothing. I was not here. I did not even get up this morning.

I can't believe you just played the Sgt. Schultz Card.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
29-12-2011, 07:27 PM
(28-12-2011 04:57 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I can't believe you just played the Sgt. Schultz Card.

I can't believe it hasn't been played in this forum before now. It perfectly captures the rational theist's response to atheistic arguments. (The irrational theists just start blathering.) Cognitive dissonance can be a useful tool if you know what you're doing. Wink

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-12-2011, 07:31 PM
(29-12-2011 07:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-12-2011 04:57 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I can't believe you just played the Sgt. Schultz Card.

I can't believe it hasn't been played in this forum before now. It perfectly captures the rational theist's response to atheistic arguments. (The irrational theists just start blathering.) Cognitive dissonance can be a useful tool if you know what you're doing. Wink

That is a good illustration. And at the risk of further derailment...out of all the old shows that Hollywood has been reviving, I could get excited about a Hogan's Heroes flick.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel