Why is wolverine and thor popular when they suck?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2014, 01:19 PM
RE: Why is wolverine and thor popular when they suck?
I have no clue what's going on in the comics nowadays, but I do remember Spidey and Wolverine in a draw and the same with Captain America. I stopped reading the books in the 90s but I know he had lots of close calls. But as was already mentioned, Wolverine and his stubborn ways is part of his appeal. With that healing factor he will likely be the last one standing, in most cases, even if it takes him days to wear his enemy down. When he had bone claws didn't he give Magneto a run for his money?

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Elskidor's post
22-05-2014, 01:24 PM
(22-05-2014 12:32 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Seriously like almost everybody beats them. I mean they fight villians but who are they really good against?

I don't know about the Wolverine thing...In the comics he's short. Plus I preferred Beast. Tongue

But the dude that played Thor in first movie is sure cute.

That said husband wasn't into Thor. He thought the Hulk was way more badass.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

22-05-2014, 01:25 PM
(22-05-2014 01:19 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 01:09 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Wolverine only has training, his healing factor, and his claws; he's still only as fast or as strong as a human, even in peak condition. Spider-Man has superhuman enhanced strength and agility. The Hulk is one of the strongest creatures in existence. Captain America also has an enhanced superhuman physique. The Punisher has a ton of guns and an almost Batman level of fetishism for being prepared with tech. Deadpool is impossible to predict, has the same healing factor, and is one of the hands down best fighters in the Marvel Universe (one of the few to ever beat fucking Taskmaster 1 on 1). And for 'beating' him, none of them have managed to kill him. So there is that...

So what they didn't kill him? He still lost fights. Also wolverine has years of experience almost 200 years worth(if not more), and there is still thor, he is a god and there is no excuse.

You'll notice no one is defending Thor... You're right. He's a fucking god... I view him getting beat much the same way as I view Superman getting beat... it shouldn't happen pretty much EVER, but yet it does ALL THE GODDAM TIME.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
22-05-2014, 01:27 PM
(22-05-2014 01:19 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  So what they didn't kill him? He still lost fights. Also wolverine has years of experience almost 200 years worth(if not more), and there is still thor, he is a god and there is no excuse.

200 years of experience, not all of it fighting, most of it forgotten. Even if he could remember (depending in which take on Wolverine this is), he had been fighting other people, not meta-humans or super-humans or aliens. He is a regular dude with an Olympian level physique, an unbreakable skeleton, built in razors, a bad attitude, and he heals super fast. That's it. He can't shoot laser beams out of his eyes, he can't control the weather, he can't teleport, he can't fly, he's not super strong. All things considered, he does pretty well for himself.

Thor isn't a god, not as we'd understand it. The Asgardians are more physically fit and live much longer than humans, but even a lot of his powers are due to his hammer Mjolnir, which means his powers are technology dependant (much like Iron-Man or Batman).

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
22-05-2014, 01:27 PM
(22-05-2014 01:25 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 01:19 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  So what they didn't kill him? He still lost fights. Also wolverine has years of experience almost 200 years worth(if not more), and there is still thor, he is a god and there is no excuse.

You'll notice no one is defending Thor... You're right. He's a fucking god... I view him getting beat much the same way as I view Superman getting beat... it shouldn't happen pretty much EVER, but yet it does ALL THE GODDAM TIME.

Thor is a flawed god to be sure.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-05-2014, 01:30 PM
(22-05-2014 01:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  But the dude that played Thor in first movie is sure cute.

Abs.... Tongue

[Image: 351621300-08115022.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
22-05-2014, 01:31 PM
Yeah, Thor is like an interesting version of Superman.....I like him, but he would get pretty dull if he could never be stopped. He has to be beaten sometimes, but probably not so easily. That's the problem when you give someone too much power.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
22-05-2014, 01:32 PM
(22-05-2014 01:30 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 01:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  But the dude that played Thor in first movie is sure cute.

Abs.... Tongue

Swoon Drooling

He's probably dumb as a stump...but he's pretty. *sigh*

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-05-2014, 01:35 PM
(22-05-2014 01:27 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

200 years of experience, not all of it fighting, most of it forgotten. Even if he could remember (depending in which take on Wolverine this is), he had been fighting other people, not meta-humans or super-humans or aliens. He is a regular dude with an Olympian level physique, an unbreakable skeleton, built in razors, a bad attitude, and he heals super fast. That's it. He can't shoot laser beams out of his eyes, he can't control the weather, he can't teleport, he can't fly, he's not super strong. All things considered, he does pretty well for himself.

Thor isn't a god, not as we'd understand it. The Asgardians are more physically fit and live much longer than humans, but even a lot of his powers are due to his hammer Mjolnir, which means his powers are technology dependant (much like Iron-Man or Batman).

Then why are they popular again? Why not strong heros that basically can rip holes in dimensions?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
22-05-2014, 01:39 PM
(22-05-2014 01:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 01:30 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Abs.... Tongue

Swoon Drooling

He's probably dumb as a stump...but he's pretty. *sigh*

You can have him (Chris Hemsworth) and Captain America too (Chris Evans).

[Image: Chris-evans.jpg]

I'll take Black Widow (Scarlet Johansson).

[Image: captain-america-2-poster-black-widow.jpeg]

[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post