Why is wolverine and thor popular when they suck?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2014, 02:08 PM
RE: Why is wolverine and thor popular when they suck?
(22-05-2014 01:43 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  And if course again, he's a badass who smokes, drinks, and is anti group/establishment.

I know he use to be the anti-group type group member, but I think he's a member of 5 or 6 groups right now. It's odd that he is in Avengers and X-Men and is the leader or teacher of one of them. Modern day Wolverine definitely doesn't sound like the one I remember, lol.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2014, 02:12 PM
(22-05-2014 02:03 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 01:54 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  She beat thanos and doctor doom. I don't think either wolverine or thor could do that.

She beat them as a joke...

She still beat them. Whens the last time you get to hear wolverine or thor say "I beat thanos 1v1?" Not only that but she beat wolverine, she has way higher respects from me than wolverine and thor.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
22-05-2014, 02:20 PM
(22-05-2014 02:12 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 02:03 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  She beat them as a joke...

She still beat them. Whens the last time you get to hear wolverine or thor say "I beat thanos 1v1?" Not only that but she beat wolverine, she has way higher respects from me than wolverine and thor.

Go read DC comics you don't want what marvel is selling, flawed heroes that don't always win. The fact is everyone in the marvel universe has had their asses handed to them at one point or another. Even the Hulk has been put down.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
22-05-2014, 02:24 PM
(22-05-2014 02:20 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 02:12 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  She still beat them. Whens the last time you get to hear wolverine or thor say "I beat thanos 1v1?" Not only that but she beat wolverine, she has way higher respects from me than wolverine and thor.

Go read DC comics you don't want what marvel is selling, flawed heroes that don't always win. The fact is everyone in the marvel universe has had their asses handed to them at one point or another. Even the Hulk has been put down.

Yeah I know all have lost, losing is not the problem, losing more than you win is the problem. I am more fond of heros like doctor strange and spider-man.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
22-05-2014, 02:27 PM
(22-05-2014 02:24 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 02:20 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Go read DC comics you don't want what marvel is selling, flawed heroes that don't always win. The fact is everyone in the marvel universe has had their asses handed to them at one point or another. Even the Hulk has been put down.

Yeah I know all have lost, losing is not the problem, losing more than you win is the problem. I am more fond of heros like doctor strange and spider-man.

Spiderman get his ass kicked all the time. His own Rogues Gallery have wiped the floor with him. Dr Doom (who you were downing earlier) damn near killed him several times.

[Image: BoMAcvWIAAAR1nt.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
22-05-2014, 02:31 PM
(22-05-2014 02:24 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 02:20 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Go read DC comics you don't want what marvel is selling, flawed heroes that don't always win. The fact is everyone in the marvel universe has had their asses handed to them at one point or another. Even the Hulk has been put down.

I hate to pull the old man card, but here goes.

I once thought like that. I thought that the good guys should win and that the most powerful hero was the best hero. Somewhere along the way, I realized that the op heroes weren't really all that heroic, though, and my tastes shifted to the underdog heroes.

It takes a much stronger person to stand up to evil despite their shortcomings. If you are one of the op heroes, all you have to do is show up and be the strongest guy there. Someone like Wolverine has to face the overwhelming odds against him head on, knowing that its an uphill battle the entire way. Knowing that he very well may get his ass handed to him.

To me, that is more heroic than superman blocking some bullets with his chest.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
22-05-2014, 02:48 PM
(22-05-2014 02:27 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 02:24 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Yeah I know all have lost, losing is not the problem, losing more than you win is the problem. I am more fond of heros like doctor strange and spider-man.

Spiderman get his ass kicked all the time. His own Rogues Gallery have wiped the floor with him. Dr Doom (who you were downing earlier) damn near killed him several times.

[Image: BoMAcvWIAAAR1nt.jpg]

When did I down doctor doom? I said he lost to squirrel girl, never said he always loses. Him and thanos are still op even if they lost to her.

22-05-2014, 02:51 PM
(22-05-2014 02:31 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 02:24 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Yeah I know all have lost, losing is not the problem, losing more than you win is the problem. I am more fond of heros like doctor strange and spider-man.

I hate to pull the old man card, but here goes.

I once thought like that. I thought that the good guys should win and that the most powerful hero was the best hero. Somewhere along the way, I realized that the op heroes weren't really all that heroic, though, and my tastes shifted to the underdog heroes.

It takes a much stronger person to stand up to evil despite their shortcomings. If you are one of the op heroes, all you have to do is show up and be the strongest guy there. Someone like Wolverine has to face the overwhelming odds against him head on, knowing that its an uphill battle the entire way. Knowing that he very well may get his ass handed to him.

Im sorry if I sound like an ass while saying this but....

Be a stronger man while standing up to evil is admirable but not always good. What if wolverine tried to stop Dr.Doom and then losses and Dr.Doom then rules the world. A op character would actually save the day without worry. So I would rather go for victory than try.

22-05-2014, 03:00 PM
(22-05-2014 02:51 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 02:31 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I hate to pull the old man card, but here goes.

Im sorry if I sound like an ass while saying this but....

Be a stronger man while standing up to evil is admirable but not always good. What if wolverine tried to stop Dr.Doom and then losses and Dr.Doom then rules the world. A op character would actually save the day without worry. So I would rather go for victory than try.

Don't worry, you didn't sound like an ass and I didn't mean to sound condescending with the "old man" card thing. Hope you didn't take it that way.

I get you. I really do. I even agree with you on a certain level. If I had to send a superhero to fight Dr. Doom, I'd send the biggest most powerful badass I could find. I'd want to win, not just feel good about the person I sent.

I am talking mostly from a standpoint of who I like best as a character, not just their level of badassness. I enjoy the struggles that I can more relate to. Wolverine's story isn't as much about battling bad guys as it is about battling his own personal demons and trying to not be his own worst enemy. About trying to be a good person when the entirety of your experiences have been absolute shit. That kind of story gives me more hope than some badass pimp slapping Dr. Doom.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
22-05-2014, 03:08 PM
(22-05-2014 03:00 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 02:51 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Im sorry if I sound like an ass while saying this but....

Don't worry, you didn't sound like an ass and I didn't mean to sound condescending with the "old man" card thing. Hope you didn't take it that way.

I get you. I really do. I even agree with you on a certain level. If I had to send a superhero to fight Dr. Doom, I'd send the biggest most powerful badass I could find. I'd want to win, not just feel good about the person I sent.

I am talking mostly from a standpoint of who I like best as a character, not just their level of badassness. I enjoy the struggles that I can more relate to. Wolverine's story isn't as much about battling bad guys as it is about battling his own personal demons and trying to not be his own worst enemy. About trying to be a good person when the entirety of your experiences have been absolute shit. That kind of story gives me more hope than some badass pimp slapping Dr. Doom.

Fair enough. TBH I like wolverine, I just think he sucks(but I hate thor he makes me sad, I like the mythology one moreDodgy )

[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post