Why is wolverine and thor popular when they suck?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2014, 03:13 PM
RE: Why is wolverine and thor popular when they suck?
(22-05-2014 03:08 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 03:00 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Don't worry, you didn't sound like an ass and I didn't mean to sound condescending with the "old man" card thing. Hope you didn't take it that way.

I get you. I really do. I even agree with you on a certain level. If I had to send a superhero to fight Dr. Doom, I'd send the biggest most powerful badass I could find. I'd want to win, not just feel good about the person I sent.

I am talking mostly from a standpoint of who I like best as a character, not just their level of badassness. I enjoy the struggles that I can more relate to. Wolverine's story isn't as much about battling bad guys as it is about battling his own personal demons and trying to not be his own worst enemy. About trying to be a good person when the entirety of your experiences have been absolute shit. That kind of story gives me more hope than some badass pimp slapping Dr. Doom.

Fair enough. TBH I like wolverine, I just think he sucks(but I hate thor he makes me sad, I like the mythology one moreDodgy )

Well with Thor there are different versions. There is the current Alien tech model and there was the old mortal Avatar of the old God one. Both have their ups and downs.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2014, 03:47 PM
(22-05-2014 03:13 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 03:08 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Fair enough. TBH I like wolverine, I just think he sucks(but I hate thor he makes me sad, I like the mythology one moreDodgy )

Well with Thor there are different versions. There is the current Alien tech model and there was the old mortal Avatar of the old God one. Both have their ups and downs.

Alien tech? This I got to see.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
22-05-2014, 03:49 PM
(22-05-2014 03:47 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 03:13 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Well with Thor there are different versions. There is the current Alien tech model and there was the old mortal Avatar of the old God one. Both have their ups and downs.

Alien tech? This I got to see.

RE: Thor, Thor 2 and the Avengers. He is an Alien with a high tech weapon not a god.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
22-05-2014, 03:55 PM
(22-05-2014 03:49 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 03:47 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Alien tech? This I got to see.

RE: Thor, Thor 2 and the Avengers. He is an Alien with a high tech weapon not a god.

Seems legit. It sort of makes "sense" because some people call aliens gods.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
24-05-2014, 10:08 AM
The Tick will fuck 'em all up. Smile
[+] 3 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
24-05-2014, 10:09 AM
Re: RE: Why is wolverine and thor popular when they suck?
(24-05-2014 10:08 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  The Tick will fuck 'em all up. Smile

Spoooooooooooooon!!

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
03-06-2014, 05:39 PM
The answer to this is simple. Thor has lucious blond hair, and pectorals the size of pillows. Wolvie is built the same, with rugged features. She-hulk exists for the same reason... Fanservice.
Okay, Wolvie is pretty cool for other reasons too, like he's indestructible and all that.

What the heck is a signature? -RecursiveRecursion
10-06-2014, 02:06 AM
Why ARE Wolverine and Thor popular, when they suck?

Looks like I was gone a long time ago, you people have forgotten to write proper sentences. Grammar Nazi - returns!

Big Grin

Also, one that needs to ask why Wolverine is popular, obviously didn't read many of the Wolverine comics. Go, read them all.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
10-06-2014, 02:41 AM
Wolverine is Dirty Harry of cartoons.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
16-06-2014, 09:53 PM
(22-05-2014 12:34 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 12:33 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  You lookin for a fight, bub?

Wolverine lost to dare devil Dodgy

[Image: 837859-dd73nf.jpg]

EVERYONE Lost to the punisher, Including the hulk and the entire Xmen Cast of both good and evil guys.

Wolverine was the last to go out of every marvel world character.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ