19-11-2012, 08:30 AM
RE: Why, just why!?
Wait, I got it now... You're not batman, you're [Image: clock01.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2012, 08:39 AM
We are all nothing but reflections of our past.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
19-11-2012, 08:40 AM
Okay, now for the serious answer.

Sorry to hear about the things you went through. I've heard that dealing with death at a relatively early age can have serious consequences and everybody reacts in a different way.

One of the explanations I've heard about our morbid curiosity is exactly to help deal with the idea of death, be it ours or that of others. I do see how people may think that if you see enough deaths (and horrific deaths at that) that may lessen your fear of it.

I also get the curiosity you're talking about, but I, personally, cannot stomach it (sometimes even reading about it is too much). And before someone else jumps on my case, by this I don't mean I'm better than you or anyone else (just thought I'd get this out of the way right off the bat).

Okay, so you do not really enjoy it, so I guess you can't tell me where the pleasure comes from, then and that's what I'm really after. As I said, I've been interested in this obsession with pain for a long time.

And I do get what you mean about rape, it is in some ways worse than some murders. Or rather, not worse, but a different type of horrific.

19-11-2012, 08:51 AM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2012 08:54 AM by bemore.)
(19-11-2012 08:40 AM)Vera Wrote:  so I guess you can't tell me where the pleasure comes from, then and that's what I'm really after. As I said, I've been interested in this obsession with pain for a long time.

Unfortunateley I cannot, I can however give you my opinion on why I think people may take "pleasure" from it.

We all have our different upbrings, I believe myself to be "blessed" with my caring and loving upbringing I had off my parents. It was ultimatley my upbringing off them that crafted me into the person that I am today. However some people are not. Some of my old friends were not shown love, they had much worse upbringings than me and they were just reflecting this seeing as they didnt know anything else..... how can you show love when you dont know what it is??? When you have never experienced it???

Maybe some people take pleasure inflicting pain upon others because its all they know, they have suffered in different ways and it may empower them to not be the victim anymore and to be the one dishing out the pain and suffering?

(Edit: I know the things I did were just ways of me expressing the pain I was going through..... also for bullshit reasons like respect, reputation, money, security)

(19-11-2012 08:40 AM)Vera Wrote:  And I do get what you mean about rape, it is in some ways worse than some murders. Or rather, not worse, but a different type of horrific.

When your dead nothing can hurt you anymore.... rape victims have to live with the ordeal every single day of their lives. So in some ways it is worse.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
19-11-2012, 09:00 AM
(19-11-2012 08:51 AM)bemore Wrote:  Unfortunateley I cannot, I can however give you my opinion on why I think people may take "pleasure" from it.

We all have our different upbrings, I believe myself to be "blessed" with my caring and loving upbringing I had off my parents. It was ultimatley my upbringing off them that crafted me into the person that I am today. However some people are not. Some of my old friends were not shown love, they had much worse upbringings than me and they were just reflecting this seeing as they didnt know anything else..... how can you show love when you dont know what it is??? When you have never experienced it???

Maybe some people take pleasure inflicting pain upon others because its all they know, they have suffered in different ways and it may empower them to not be the victim anymore and to be the one dishing out the pain and suffering?
Oh yeah, that's one of the top reasons for it. Absolutely. People basically perpetuating what they themselves have seen as kids. Like people who have been abused as kids, doing it themselves as grown-ups. I have a friend who was sexually abused by his mum, who in her turn had been sexually abused by her father. (Obviously, not everyone who has been abused, does the same when they grow up.)

But it doesn't account for all cases. It may be a chemical imbalance, disorder or something, but that would imply that everyone who derives pleasure from it is a sociopath and that is definitely not the case.

Well, the human mind is an amazingly complicated thing, it wasn't like I was expecting us to solve this particular mystery in a couple of postsWink.

Still, fascinating stuff.

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post