Why many Christians are going to hell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2015, 12:34 PM
RE: Why many Christians are going to hell
(28-01-2015 10:58 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(28-01-2015 10:21 PM)Plan 9 from OS Wrote:  I agree that your typical megachurch and televangelists who are raking in money from their congregations and using a majority of that money to enrich themselves is an abomination that should shame everyone who call themselves christians. It's linked to something called the "prosperity gospel", and it's repugnant.

But the story of Jesus wigging out on the money changers in the temple is not as clean cut as saying that all money changing hands at a church is evil. What Jesus railed about was the idea that jewish priests were gouging their own people in the name of their religion. For temple worship, Roman currency was "unclean" and inappropriate to use to procure sacrifices (likely doves for many of the people) - only shekels were accepted by the temple leadership. However, the temple priests would gladly accept the that dirty money in exchange for shekels at a steep markup, and considering at that time shekels were not being used as the standard coin in palestine due to the Roman occupation...the temple priests were basically just like payday lenders. That's a far cry from RCC/protestant bake sales at church to raise money for the continued operation of the churches and their ministry. I would say if you can find an honest megachurch that charges admission fees to attend services; however a majority of the money goes to outreach programs and charities would be seen as good.

Even so, the money for the mega church had to come from somewhere lol.
That money could had been spent elsewhere if they had the potential to collect that much to build the place. We could have massive 3D printers making homes for the homeless.

Absolutely. I can't stand the megachurch movement.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2015, 12:36 PM
I wonder what Jesus would say about the Catholic Monte Carlo nights. Consider

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
29-01-2015, 01:38 PM
(28-01-2015 05:28 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Let's face it! There are millions of Christians that are going to go to hell! MILLIONS of these Christians are destined to go to hell for desecrating holy churches and temples.

I present to you, my evidence!
Some Scripture to read!

Quote:This is Mathew 21:12-13
Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves.

"It is written," he said to them, "'My house will be called a house of prayer,' but you are making it 'a den of robbers.'"

Logical Evidence.
Jesus attacked the temple because people were selling and buying goods and services in the church. Therefore, he absolutely HATES capitalism inside of the house of himself. The mere exchange of money is the very thing that pissed him off enough to invoke the wrath of the Jews. It was not his claims to deity hood or healing people, it was what he did at that temple that made him a villain to the jews and what got him into trouble to be put up on the cross in the first place. It was the last straw that got them super angry at him.

Photo Evidence

I present to you! The Mega Church

[Image: slide1_grandopeningwide_.jpg]

Logical evidence. Its a church for the praise of the Father and ...yet...tickets are sold for all seats, money is exchanged for food and drink and T shirts and more.

Oh, not to mention that outside the church,

They Copycat all their best ideas and sell the crap out of stuff making millions of dollars...oh and Mathew 19:24 says that it is easier for a camel to fit through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to get into heaven.

I know the rich Christians know what they are doing is wrong according to their bible. But why is it that no other christian "fans" of these places can fucking see it? Why is it that no one can see that giving money to the church and exchanging cash for crap is pissing off the very god they worship?

Dr. James Dobson has an influential ministry that touches tens of millions via radio, TV and radio proselytization into totalitarian nations... one time, he had a great deal on an old Mercedes, prayed about it, and bought it. Then people started seeing him drive around in it and gave him flack. Yes, I would have told them to go fly a kite, but the Dobsons sold their car to avoid even the appearance of money-grubbing.

Likewise, Billy Graham, who has influenced more people than all the money-grubbers together, had by contract with his supervisory board of directors a limited income, from which he bought his own three-piece suits.

There are sincere people who sincerely LIVE the good news and avoid even the appearance of evil (likewise Dr. Graham always has associates enter hotel rooms before he does in case there is something behind the door that is inappropriate or a setup for a blackmail scheme or who knows).

But my point is this--when you see people doing the things Jesus spoke against, warned against, and as you put it--believers doing it--you say "Hell, man!" but I say, "Ah, another prophecy of Jesus enacted."

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-01-2015, 02:26 PM
(29-01-2015 01:38 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(28-01-2015 05:28 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Let's face it! There are millions of Christians that are going to go to hell! MILLIONS of these Christians are destined to go to hell for desecrating holy churches and temples.

I present to you, my evidence!
Some Scripture to read!

Logical Evidence.
Jesus attacked the temple because people were selling and buying goods and services in the church. Therefore, he absolutely HATES capitalism inside of the house of himself. The mere exchange of money is the very thing that pissed him off enough to invoke the wrath of the Jews. It was not his claims to deity hood or healing people, it was what he did at that temple that made him a villain to the jews and what got him into trouble to be put up on the cross in the first place. It was the last straw that got them super angry at him.

Photo Evidence

I present to you! The Mega Church

Logical evidence. Its a church for the praise of the Father and ...yet...tickets are sold for all seats, money is exchanged for food and drink and T shirts and more.

Oh, not to mention that outside the church,

They Copycat all their best ideas and sell the crap out of stuff making millions of dollars...oh and Mathew 19:24 says that it is easier for a camel to fit through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to get into heaven.

I know the rich Christians know what they are doing is wrong according to their bible. But why is it that no other christian "fans" of these places can fucking see it? Why is it that no one can see that giving money to the church and exchanging cash for crap is pissing off the very god they worship?

Dr. James Dobson has an influential ministry that touches tens of millions via radio, TV and radio proselytization into totalitarian nations... one time, he had a great deal on an old Mercedes, prayed about it, and bought it. Then people started seeing him drive around in it and gave him flack. Yes, I would have told them to go fly a kite, but the Dobsons sold their car to avoid even the appearance of money-grubbing.

Likewise, Billy Graham, who has influenced more people than all the money-grubbers together, had by contract with his supervisory board of directors a limited income, from which he bought his own three-piece suits.

There are sincere people who sincerely LIVE the good news and avoid even the appearance of evil (likewise Dr. Graham always has associates enter hotel rooms before he does in case there is something behind the door that is inappropriate or a setup for a blackmail scheme or who knows).

But my point is this--when you see people doing the things Jesus spoke against, warned against, and as you put it--believers doing it--you say "Hell, man!" but I say, "Ah, another prophecy of Jesus enacted."

Wow! What an amazing prophecy! People will do bad things.
[+] 1 user Likes JakSiemasz's post
29-01-2015, 02:34 PM
(29-01-2015 01:38 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  ... when you see people doing the things Jesus spoke against ... I say, "Ah, another prophecy of Jesus enacted."

That was an extraordinary insight of Jesus, to be able to see that in future people would do things he would disapprove of. No other person in the whole of human history has ever thought that people might at some future time do something they wouldn't approve of; it's just not a concept that leaps to mind as a characteristic of humanity, that people might do things other people wouldn't approve of. No wonder you're so enthralled by Mr. J.
30-01-2015, 02:37 PM
More specifically, and what a cute dog on that avatar, Jak (Bishon? Maltese?):

Jesus spoke of MANY people using falsified CHRISTIANITY for ill-gotten gains. Christianity didn't "go away". No one to my knowledge (I haven't read many Sybilline prophecies) ever said "Zeus will remain until the end of days and thousands of false Zeus-es will make money for their false leaders"...

Jesus spoke of practically EVERY cult and false way coming in His name, and the multiplicity of currently popular cults that use His name for evil is astounding.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
30-01-2015, 07:16 PM
(30-01-2015 02:37 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  More specifically, and what a cute dog on that avatar, Jak (Bishon? Maltese?):

Jesus spoke of MANY people using falsified CHRISTIANITY for ill-gotten gains. Christianity didn't "go away". No one to my knowledge (I haven't read many Sybilline prophecies) ever said "Zeus will remain until the end of days and thousands of false Zeus-es will make money for their false leaders"...

Jesus spoke of practically EVERY cult and false way coming in His name, and the multiplicity of currently popular cults that use His name for evil is astounding.

Thanks...Maltese...Bradley...great dog.

Some people will take advantage of situations for ill gotten gains in any and every organization. Religion being just one subset. Always have & always will.....unfortunately.
30-01-2015, 09:08 PM
Dr. James Dobson has an influential ministry that touches tens of millions ever so slightly as he picks their pockets.....

don't believe everything you think
02-02-2015, 02:45 PM
D'oh! I thought I just said I was talking about someone on a limited income who prayed about buying a discounted vehicle then returned it. Dr. Dobson's group has an awesome reach because the vast majority of dollars has been returned to helping in the mission field... and because those who donate believe in the causes.