Why must I have emotions and feelings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2016, 03:20 PM
Why must I have emotions and feelings
I don't know. It's too crazy. >.< I feel too much.

☆☆☆
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2016, 03:23 PM
RE: Why must I have emotions and feelings
Just be thankful!

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
17-05-2016, 03:24 PM
You're a teenager right? Par for the course. Your body goes through hectic changes during this time - your brain is kinda just along for the ride. Things calm down a bit later on.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
17-05-2016, 03:49 PM
I often wish I could be more emotional.

I'm jealous of people who can actually feel fear or anxiety from watching a movie. I'm interested in knowing what it would be like to be "overwhelmed with emotion and brought to tears."

Actually, looking at the list here: https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_emotions

I think I just feel emotions that aren't observable. I almost never display anger. I very rarely show sadness. I am often content, but don't display happiness too often. But I definitely feel many of what is listed.

Here one of the lists from the link:
wikipedia Wrote:Simple emotions
discovery - anger
envy - no surprise - expectation
wonder - surprise - commonplace
happiness - sadness
amusement - weariness
courage - timidity - cowardice
pity - cruelty

Complex emotions
pride - modesty- shame
closeness - detachment - distance
complaint/pain - doing average - pleasure
caution - boldness - rashness
patience - mere tolerance - anger
relaxation - composure - stress
envy - goodwill

Pure emotions
fear - nervousness - security
togetherness - privacy
respect - disrespect
appreciation - envy
love - no love lost - hatred
hope - despair
confusion - being confused

17-05-2016, 05:32 PM
How do you get over a small crush? Should I just wait it out?

☆☆☆
17-05-2016, 05:37 PM
(17-05-2016 05:32 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  How do you get over a small crush? Should I just wait it out?
Ask her/him out. Then take it as it comes. I remember being a teenager when my mind would become absolutely obsessed with my romantic interests.

To the point of depression at times.

It's gotta be some chemical thing that is strongly pushing you to breed right now, because looking back it was highly illogical. The more (safe, healthy) experience you have, the easier it is to cope with situations whether or not they have the desired outcome.

[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
17-05-2016, 05:59 PM
(17-05-2016 05:37 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(17-05-2016 05:32 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  How do you get over a small crush? Should I just wait it out?
Ask her/him out. Then take it as it comes. I remember being a teenager when my mind would become absolutely obsessed with my romantic interests.

To the point of depression at times.

It's gotta be some chemical thing that is strongly pushing you to breed right now, because looking back it was highly illogical. The more (safe, healthy) experience you have, the easier it is to cope with situations whether or not they have the desired outcome.

She does not feel the same way. We're still friends, though.
It seems like being into the same sex makes it harder to find anybody. I know I'll meet people in college though. Hobo

Also, I can relate to what you're saying about how I'm probably being chemically pushed to seek a mate. Something like that is probably happening.

☆☆☆
17-05-2016, 06:07 PM
(17-05-2016 05:59 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  She does not feel the same way. We're still friends, though.
It seems like being into the same sex makes it harder to find anybody. I know I'll meet people in college though. Hobo

Also, I can relate to what you're saying about how I'm probably being chemically pushed to seek a mate. Something like that is probably happening.
Ahh, well at least you have closure. To me, that's VERY important. Yeah, it must be much harder seeking same-sex. And seeking hetero isn't exactly easy either haha. But if you already know the answer...I'd probably get over it with....time. And possibly a brief amount of distance. Perspective (such as seeing how life is when you aren't seeing them often) can help quite a bit. But really time cures many things...including unrequited love Tongue.

17-05-2016, 06:15 PM
(17-05-2016 06:07 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(17-05-2016 05:59 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  She does not feel the same way. We're still friends, though.

Ahh, well at least you have closure. To me, that's VERY important. Yeah, it must be much harder seeking same-sex. And seeking hetero isn't exactly easy either haha. But if you already know the answer...I'd probably get over it with....time. And possibly a brief amount of distance. Perspective (such as seeing how life is when you aren't seeing them often) can help quite a bit. But really time cures many things...including unrequited love Tongue.

Thanks. ^^

☆☆☆
17-05-2016, 06:19 PM

That's one of the ways. Not much fun but it works given time.

As Adrianime suggested, if it's a viable relationship then you could simply make it into something bigger and better. Just make sure it isn't some horrific Frankenstien's monster of a relationship first.

Another alternative is to focus your attentions elsewhere. Move on to somebody that it will work out with. This one can be tricky though. You're sorta on the rebound right now so that runs the risk of going from bad to worse.

Regardless, don't worry about feeling too much. This is pretty much textbook normal. The only reason I didn't do the same thing at your age was because I went and did the great big unreciprocated crush. I had the good sense to pick a total nutcase too. That took some time to work through.

Don't worry about feeling too much. It hurts sometimes but it's worth it. You'll understand the first time you get a week-long bout of permagrin. Pity the people who don't feel enough.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post