Why must I have emotions and feelings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2016, 06:34 PM
RE: Why must I have emotions and feelings
Well you have feelings because humans have evolved to be a social animal and to survive, wait........

Oh okay not the type of question. Well in the end just realize their are more fish in the see. Plenty of girls are out their, just take your time.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
17-05-2016, 06:37 PM
I need to type faster.

(17-05-2016 05:59 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  It seems like being into the same sex makes it harder to find anybody. I know I'll meet people in college though. Hobo

To CosmicRaven we present The Understatement of the Year Award! Just remember, not everything that walks upright is people.

Quote:Also, I can relate to what you're saying about how I'm probably being chemically pushed to seek a mate. Something like that is probably happening.

Some of it might be hormonal but I suspect that a large part of what you're feeling is a drive to find a companion. The hot and steamy parts would be a great bonus but having somebody that you can relate to, confide in and that will be there for you is probably more important to your mindset right now.

Given your school and family life right now you've probably got a bit of an emptiness. Everybody needs approval and a healthy relationship is one very quick way to get lots of that. Your emotions are pushing you to fill that emptiness. Not necessarily a bad thing just be careful that they don't hook you up with the wrong person.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
17-05-2016, 06:43 PM
(17-05-2016 06:37 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  I need to type faster.

(17-05-2016 05:59 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  It seems like being into the same sex makes it harder to find anybody. I know I'll meet people in college though. Hobo

To CosmicRaven we present The Understatement of the Year Award! Just remember, not everything that walks upright is people.

Quote:Also, I can relate to what you're saying about how I'm probably being chemically pushed to seek a mate. Something like that is probably happening.

Some of it might be hormonal but I suspect that a large part of what you're feeling is a drive to find a companion. The hot and steamy parts would be a great bonus but having somebody that you can relate to, confide in and that will be there for you is probably more important to your mindset right now.

Given your school and family life right now you've probably got a bit of an emptiness. Everybody needs approval and a healthy relationship is one very quick way to get lots of that. Your emotions are pushing you to fill that emptiness. Not necessarily a bad thing just be careful that they don't hook you up with the wrong person.

It is probably true that I feel empty and lonely a lot. That's partially why I'm so obsessed with you guys here.

How do I know if someone is right or not? >.<

☆☆☆
17-05-2016, 06:52 PM

You win the internet from me for today for this: "Just remember, not everything that walks upright is people." DAMN that is so true!
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
17-05-2016, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 17-05-2016 07:57 PM by Fireball.)
(17-05-2016 06:43 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  

It is probably true that I feel empty and lonely a lot. That's partially why I'm so obsessed with you guys here.

How do I know if someone is right or not? >.<

Speaking as an experienced old man, I'll tell you that this is the question of forever! No matter how close a person is to what you may think you want, you are still going to have to make concessions (both ways). I would say that if you can find a person who is reasonable enough to understand that, you would be a long way towards person "right".

ETA- If you didn't have these feelings, you wouldn't truly be alive.
17-05-2016, 07:18 PM
Why must I have emotions and feelings
(17-05-2016 03:20 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I don't know. It's too crazy. >.< I feel too much.

You should be a Vulcan and you won't be bothered by illogical feelings.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
17-05-2016, 07:43 PM
Is it too much? Consider that believing it's "too much" is essentially a self-fulfilling prophecy.

17-05-2016, 08:36 PM
(17-05-2016 03:20 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I don't know. It's too crazy. >.< I feel too much.

You're a mammal. It comes with the glands.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
18-05-2016, 12:23 AM
(17-05-2016 06:43 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  How do I know if someone is right or not? >.<

Right for you? There's no such thing as the right person for you. Relationships grow organically. What you do is, you start with a crush, ask 'em out, if the stars align and nobody does anything too stupid or hurtful to the other then suddenly you realise you've been going out for a month or three, and you start to relax around the person, feel comfortable etc.

To know if someone is wrong ask yourself:
- do they belittle me? Even if it's said in a joking manner, is bad.
- is the relationship equal? If not things will get rough. Meaning, they have to put in equal effort as you. Can't have one person who is super duper in love and the other is meh. Otherwise the power is all with one person. Any unequal power in a relationship, even if unintentional, is going to fuck up your life plenty.

Relationships are complex and really only way to know is to have a few and fuck em up. After a while principles become apparent. Basically avoid being a dickhead and avoid dickheads. Simple to state, hard to do.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
18-05-2016, 02:19 AM
Quite serene stand the trees --
from root to leaf they're calm,
shedding silent thoughts,
quietly letting us be.
They've thrown down roots, made a home,
and found their own peace.
They've learnt desire is a trap