Why nothing is cosmologically fine-tuned.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2017, 08:09 AM
RE: Why nothing is cosmologically fine-tuned.
Even if there are many planets that have life on them, I would not say the Universe is finely tuned for life, due to the fact that plenty of mass extinctions occur and most of the Universe is inhospitable to begin with. It's mostly just space and high levels of radiation. How does that equal "finely tuned"?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
25-05-2017, 08:32 AM (This post was last modified: 25-05-2017 08:39 AM by Thoreauvian.)
(25-05-2017 08:09 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  It's mostly just space and high levels of radiation. How does that equal "finely tuned"?

It's the theistic way of looking at the mere fact that, in certain very rare conditions, life is possible at all. Count your blessings and all that....

Hobo
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
25-05-2017, 11:44 AM
I just read the title in a different way: "nothing" is fine tuned. As in, someone did some fine tuning to produce that "nothing" people are always talking about. Now let's see them turn it into "something".

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post