Why oh why

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Why oh why
Why the heck did someone take away the ability to create proper paragraphs? Who thinks that the extra line of space is going to crash the server or something?
It won't, there is no reason one has to labor to read scrunched messages!!!
I absolutely HATE posting or reading anything of any length because it becomes a mass of scribbled letters at all flow together without decent paragraphs.
AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!
Whoever is responsible, don't be so freaking anal and gimme some SPACE!!!
End of rant.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2013, 01:15 PM
RE: Why oh why
Dom, I made a thread about it waaaay back and was told it was because of my browser ( [Image: likeopera_girl.gif] ). Have started using source instead of editor when posting and while it is somewhat annoying, it still beats editing my whole post afterwards.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
24-02-2013, 02:56 PM
This is the only forum I have the issue on, and it wasn't always that way, either.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-02-2013, 03:01 PM
(24-02-2013 02:56 PM)Dom Wrote:  This is the only forum I have the issue on, and it wasn't always that way, either.
Yup, I didn't use to have problems when I first joined. And I don't have it on the only other one I visit from time to time. I guess I'm just used to it by now... plus, what's a bit more editing in my life anyway Tongue

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
24-02-2013, 04:19 PM
Well, my guess is that someone went on a binge compressing things. With the quotes it's a good idea, long as newbies figure out to click on the "snip". But the missing lines to from paragraphs came shortly after that, and it bugs me a lot.

27-02-2013, 01:32 PM
I can never get the spacing right in "Editor" mode. When I first came here there was only the "Source" mode. It's still the only mode I use.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
27-02-2013, 08:00 PM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2013 11:54 PM by DeepThought.)
It's to do with the fancy wysiwyg editor plugin... I disabled it because of the annoying glitchy issues. It may have been enabled again.

It does some things really well. Like I can copy and paste html and it reformats links for me etc... the quoting issues though where it embeds a bunch of whitespace. Thats annoying.

The editor is heavy javascript and it's too complex to debug. It relies on regular expressions to do allot of the things it does. If I change something it could have unintended consequences with other things. I don't want to change it.

I hope the plugin author provides an update, or we disable the plugin again.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post