Why, oh why do I do this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2014, 11:40 AM
Why, oh why do I do this?
God dammit! Jesus H Christ! I spend too much reading the comments between atheists and theists on youtube or Amazon religious forum or anyplace I can find them. Why do I do this?

Like these comments between ArmoftheLord (theist) and oadnrtyp (atheist).

I just spent two hours yesterday reading comments and missed out on a nice sunny day here in the Northwest. I only like the ones where the theist keeps responding. It's no fun if it's just atheists.

Does anyone else do this? Am I a comment section addict? Sadcryface

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
23-06-2014, 12:33 PM
RE: Why, oh why do I do this?
The comments on CNN articles can be really funny. Blush

Especially when the main article is about a dumbass.

I go for humor over arguments.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
23-06-2014, 12:54 PM
In recent weeks I have found myself spending less and less time on forums or elsewhere on the net reading and posting comments and such.

I spent more time doing weird stuff like going out, having sex, getting drunk, hanging out with friends, having rough sex, watching my cat, going hiking, watching the world cup with friends and hunting countryfolk in my Messerschmitt.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
23-06-2014, 01:33 PM
(23-06-2014 11:40 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I just spent two hours yesterday reading comments and missed out on a nice sunny day here in the Northwest. I only like the ones where the theist keeps responding. It's no fun if it's just atheists.

Does anyone else do this? Am I a comment section addict? Sadcryface

I recently joined a Facebook group started by one of my friends who's a Baptist. Most of the posts in there are people bickering over the proper notion of the Trinity and which versions are heretical, or the difference between tithing and offering from a biblical standpoint.

There's something I find fascinating about it all. I usually just sit and read, and only comment if I think something interesting could come from it. For example: yesterday, someone was asking what it would be like in the end times once the rapture was done. He asked if we'd be priests and rulers and kings. I asked him "Rulers and kings over what? Would everyone be a ruler?".

He had no answer. He liked my comment and said he'd get back to me. Some of the things they say when no one is keeping them honest are hilarious. I've discussed here before the difference between the god they talk about in private and the one they talk about with skeptics (they're not the same god). I get to see a glimpse of that first one and it is weird.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
23-06-2014, 02:40 PM
My favorite comment sections to read are Flying Spaghetti Monster videos on You Tube. You get all of these pissed off religious people making comments like "THIS IS SO STUPID!! HOW CAN ANYBODY BELIEVE THiS CRAP?! YOU PEOPLE NEED TO RUN TO JESUS!!" Then an atheist will reply with something like "You just haven't been touched by his noodly appendage. The Flying Spaghetti Monster loves us all!" Then the Bible thumper will get even more pissed and it just goes on and on. I almost feel sorry for the religious people, because it's kind of like watching a teenager picking on a 3 year-old sibling. Then I think about how much Bible thumpers act like assholes, and my sympathy is gone.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 3 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
23-06-2014, 02:48 PM
And here I thought I was the only one who did this. Big Grin
The comments are almost always the best part.
23-06-2014, 02:52 PM
I do it because its fun.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
23-06-2014, 05:26 PM
I do that too! You may even see me in one of those one day, I do tend to get involved as well.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
23-06-2014, 05:58 PM
(23-06-2014 02:40 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  My favorite comment sections to read are Flying Spaghetti Monster videos on You Tube. You get all of these pissed off religious people making comments like "THIS IS SO STUPID!! HOW CAN ANYBODY BELIEVE THiS CRAP?! YOU PEOPLE NEED TO RUN TO JESUS!!" Then an atheist will reply with something like "You just haven't been touched by his noodly appendage. The Flying Spaghetti Monster loves us all!" Then the Bible thumper will get even more pissed and it just goes on and on. I almost feel sorry for the religious people, because it's kind of like watching a teenager picking on a 3 year-old sibling. Then I think about how much Bible thumpers act like assholes, and my sympathy is gone.

Oh, shit! I wish you hadn't told me about the FSM youtube video. Now I'm going to waste another several hours reading those comments.

I tell you, it's a real bonafide addiction for me. Sadcryface I think I need to see a therapist. Hobo

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
23-06-2014, 06:30 PM
I'm current reading comments on Facebook on an article about the 8.0 earthquake that hit Alaska and how it's a sign of the 2nd coming of Jesus Laugh out load

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze