Why people believe in conspiracy theories?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2014, 04:15 PM
RE: Why people believe in conspiracy theories?
I think chemtrails are one of the easier ones to believe, because some of the large passenger airplanes leave lines in the sky for hours after they pass. I've seen those lines all of my life to. I'm in no hurry to debate against it any time soon, because it gets certain people to have at least a little concern for Earth by putting a different bad guy to blame into it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2014, 05:31 PM
(23-08-2014 04:15 PM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  I think chemtrails are one of the easier ones to believe, because some of the large passenger airplanes leave lines in the sky for hours after they pass. I've seen those lines all of my life to. I'm in no hurry to debate against it any time soon, because it gets certain people to have at least a little concern for Earth by putting a different bad guy to blame into it.

Chemtrails? Quite possibly the silliest conspiracy theory ever. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-08-2014, 05:31 PM
(21-08-2014 08:40 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Because too many conspiracies have turned out to be true.
Too many lies by governments to hide horrible things they have done.
Every conspiracy theory....ok...some have a very high probability of being true.

Um, no. Quite the opposite.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
23-08-2014, 05:42 PM
Has anybody mentioned Apophenia yet?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-08-2014, 04:38 AM
(21-08-2014 10:49 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(21-08-2014 07:12 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I think for the most part it's just entertainment, creativity, using your imagination. I don't know anyone who really believes in them.

Does the name Alex Jones mean anything to you?

The True Believers are out there, trust me.

Oh, they are out there alright.

And they are the largest and juiciest marks ever!

[Image: SuperMaleVitalitylabelNEW.jpg]

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
24-08-2014, 05:21 AM
(24-08-2014 04:38 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(21-08-2014 10:49 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Does the name Alex Jones mean anything to you?

The True Believers are out there, trust me.

Oh, they are out there alright.

Do people *really* believe he got that way just from eating that stuff? No they don't - they might want to believe it, but really in the back of everyone's head people know he had to work out, that there was manipulation of the photo.

If some one truly believes that only that stuff in the jar is the reason he got it then they are mostly likely, IMO, uneducated on marketing tactics.

I find it hard to believe if you took a half way intelligent person, taught them about false advertising and marketing schemes that they would continue to believe afterwards that it isn't a ploy.

I think this conspiracy stuff comes from being uneducated about a topic and a desire to take the more colorful reason because real answers are boring, so people make up fish tales.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
24-08-2014, 06:06 AM
(24-08-2014 05:21 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(24-08-2014 04:38 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Oh, they are out there alright.

Do people *really* believe he got that way just from eating that stuff? No they don't - they might want to believe it, but really in the back of everyone's head people know he had to work out, that there was manipulation of the photo.

If some one truly believes that only that stuff in the jar is the reason he got it then they are mostly likely, IMO, uneducated on marketing tactics.

I find it hard to believe if you took a half way intelligent person, taught them about false advertising and marketing schemes that they would continue to believe afterwards that it isn't a ploy.

I think this conspiracy stuff comes from being uneducated about a topic and a desire to take the more colorful reason because real answers are boring, so people make up fish tales.

We live in a world where people literally believe that 2000 years ago some Jewish carpenter broke the laws of nature and walked on water, passed through stone, and raised from the dead. I somehow doubt that the notion of adding a few drops of liquified vegetable extract to your diet will make you ripped, is somehow outside the bounds of their credulity.

24-08-2014, 06:15 AM
There's a pretty pervasive belief in a conspiracy by scientists to disprove god. Creationists are the biggest offenders, science is all a trick by -

1.Evolutionists
2.Secularists
3.Darwinists

Any time you hear these buzzwords, it means someone has drank the fundamentalist kool-aid.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
24-08-2014, 06:24 AM
(23-08-2014 05:42 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Has anybody mentioned Apophenia yet?

No, Luminon and deltabravo have yet to shit all over this thread... Rolleyes

24-08-2014, 06:37 AM
(24-08-2014 06:24 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(23-08-2014 05:42 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Has anybody mentioned Apophenia yet?

No, Luminon and deltabravo have yet to shit all over this thread... Rolleyes

I see what you did there.

It was quite entertaining.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.