Why people believe in conspiracy theories?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2014, 05:49 PM
RE: Why people believe in conspiracy theories?
(28-08-2014 08:16 AM)cjlr Wrote:  The capacity to monitor communications infrastructure has existed as long as there's been communications infrastructure.

It's a bit disingenuous to say "nobody would have believed it" because you can't know that, and it's self-serving to merely assert it...

Anyway, that people do conspire is not and never was considered an outlandish idea. But I agree that it's tremendous fuel for the nutjob fires - if "they" did X, therefore "they" must have also done Y.

I was only using that as an example as it was a very public and recent scandal. You can also point to older and/or more obscure 'conspiracies'. The Tuskegee Experiment, Mk-Ultra, The Dreyfus Affair, Watergate, The Gulf of Tonkin, Operation Ajax, etc.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2014, 08:53 PM
(18-08-2014 12:01 PM)Antonis Wrote:  Why you think people are ready to believe something so preposterous like the Illuminati or chemtrails or even fake moon landings.
I am not talking about 9/11 which is more controversial conspiracy (but still very unlikely to be true). I quess i should expect it from a species that believe that god cares about what they do in their bedrooms.

For the same reason they do drugs. To escape reality.
(also why ppl become religious) lol

Be true to yourself. Heart
29-08-2014, 12:09 PM
(28-08-2014 08:06 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(21-08-2014 10:49 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Does the name Alex Jones mean anything to you?

The True Believers are out there, trust me.

I had to google him, never heard of him. Why? Because I don't listen to that kind of crap. And I don't hang with the crowd that does.

Big Grin