Why religion is bullshit.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2012, 01:24 PM
RE: Why religion is bullshit.
(14-06-2012 01:18 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(14-06-2012 01:17 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  your right it doesn't make sense, but in order for Gid to be as forgiving as He is supposed to be this is what needs to happen. Remember that God is all knowing, what kind of God would punish someone after death for something that was set long before. God wants everyone to be with Him in Heaven.

I don't pray for anyone for that reason. As for other religions some don't have a hell or their gids are not nearly as forgiving.
can you show me source that support your assertion.

http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/beast.html

This is one of the sites that convinced me (never believe internet unless three arguments have been made and then you checked the facts yourself)

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2012, 03:54 PM
(14-06-2012 01:24 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  This is one of the sites that convinced me (never believe internet unless three arguments have been made and then you checked the facts yourself)
Um... what? Big Grin

But I have 4 arguments...
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
14-06-2012, 05:25 PM
(14-06-2012 03:54 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-06-2012 01:24 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  This is one of the sites that convinced me (never believe internet unless three arguments have been made and then you checked the facts yourself)
Um... what? Big Grin

But I have 4 arguments...

well then link
I'm always open to new things (I do not know as much as I would like to)

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

14-06-2012, 05:37 PM
(14-06-2012 01:24 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  
(14-06-2012 01:18 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  can you show me source that support your assertion.

http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/beast.html

This is one of the sites that convinced me (never believe internet unless three arguments have been made and then you checked the facts yourself)
I mean the hell being symbolism... Unless that is in there?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
14-06-2012, 05:45 PM
(14-06-2012 05:37 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(14-06-2012 01:24 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/beast.html

I mean the hell being symbolism... Unless that is in there?
Oh that. That is a bit of a story. (I'll cut it down)

So I go to a few churches in my town and being who I am whenever the priest says something I disagree with I speak out. So one day he talks about Hell. I asked him that if God is so forgiving why is there a Hell? That triggered a bit of a debate that eventually boiled down to if here is a Hell God cannot exist (lie>imperfect>God is perfect>if God /= perfect>God does not exist) or there is no Hell. Then I did it again at another church.
My dad also talked about a discussion he had in university about hell and the professor said that it was an outmoded concept.
It is not really proof but I'll see if I can find a better one for you.

14-06-2012, 06:11 PM
So the proof that hell in the Bible is symbolism is that it's so evil the God we know couldn't possibly do it?
Hrrm. To me this sounds more like a proof for an errant Bible or a nonexistent God. Perhaps both. How do you reconcile your proof with the beliefs of other Christians? How do you reconcile it with the inerrancy of the Bible?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
14-06-2012, 06:11 PM
Oh dear Vosur has got KC to give him an answer regarding non-elect going to hell. Well **** how am I going to deal wih this *googling everything*

14-06-2012, 06:12 PM
(14-06-2012 06:11 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  So the proof that hell in the Bible is symbolism is that it's so evil the God we know couldn't possibly do it?
Hrrm. To me this sounds more like a proof for an errant Bible or a nonexistent God. Perhaps both. How do you reconcile your proof with the beliefs of other Christians? How do you reconcile it with the inerrancy of the Bible?

Well they try to beat me in an argument and lose. There is a reason I only have 5 nickels.

14-06-2012, 06:14 PM
(14-06-2012 06:11 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  Oh dear Vosur has got KC to give him an answer regarding non-elect going to hell. Well **** how am I going to deal wih this *googling everything*
I was hoping that KC would join the discussion in this thread. Unfortunately he didn't, which is why I had to ask him the same question I asked you, this time in his "Ask a theist" thread.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
14-06-2012, 06:17 PM
Man I love this site. No one at my church could give me a nickel however I may actually earn some dimes here (I have a jar, everytime I "lose" or lose I put a nickel or a dime in it, saving up for something nice) Smile

[+] 1 user Likes Xinoftruden's post