Why sex

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-06-2012, 12:24 PM
RE: Why sex
(27-06-2012 09:50 AM)kineo Wrote:  Don't look a gift horse in the mouth- that's what I say. Wink I, for one, am grateful for this evolutionary twist.

On a serious note, thanks for posting this. The question even appearing in the pamphlet shows, once again, that creationists either fundamentally don't understand evolution, or else deliberately distort the facts to meet their propaganda. No

Yes, to me it's very disturbing that such in-depth research would be debased so easily and with such a ridiculous degree of simplicity. Is this "evolution debunking" pamphlet made broad for the general public, or is that really all there is for an explanation? I find it hard to believe that any student of science who only had the no 8 quote to explain the sexual aspects of evolution, would ever be able to further their education without extensive backtracking. No wonder so many of the de-converted are pissed; what a waste of time and brain power!

Disinformation; because the big lie needs all the propping up it can get. Sheesh. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
27-06-2012, 12:33 PM
(27-06-2012 11:53 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(27-06-2012 11:43 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Wanna bet. Gwyneth din't make no Adam and Steve. Weeping
The fuck you on about? The LGBT parade is thataway ---->

Implying my Gwynnies ain't perfect... infidel. Big Grin

Infidels can go to parades, and not march. That's all. Cool

People, people... Gwynnies is perfect... which is why Adam and Steve.

Girlfriend got her plan on. Wink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
27-06-2012, 12:44 PM
(27-06-2012 12:33 PM)kim Wrote:  
(27-06-2012 11:53 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Infidels can go to parades, and not march. That's all. Cool

People, people... Gwynnies is perfect... which is why Adam and Steve.

Girlfriend got her plan on. Wink

Yuppers.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

27-06-2012, 12:48 PM
(27-06-2012 12:24 PM)kim Wrote:  Yes, to me it's very disturbing that such in-depth research would be debased so easily and with such a ridiculous degree of simplicity. Is this "evolution debunking" pamphlet made broad for the general public, or is that really all there is for an explanation? I find it hard to believe that any student of science who only had the no 8 quote to explain the sexual aspects of evolution, would ever be able to further their education without extensive backtracking. No wonder so many of the de-converted are pissed; what a waste of time and brain power!

Disinformation; because the big lie needs all the propping up it can get. Sheesh. Dodgy

This is the accompanying video for the pamphlet. Notice the multiple mentions of t-shirts, hats, and bulk pamphlet orders for sale. It's obvious that Creation Ministries International, the people funding this, are more interested in money than they are about their supposed message.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
27-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Personally I think we can see why sex is a beneficial thing. But how sex? to me is the more interesting question.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
27-06-2012, 01:39 PM
(27-06-2012 12:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yuppers.

Was that guy flirting with Dawkins? Blink

Good vid. Another reminder of how I don't get the willful ignorance of the religious types that go "it's just wrong/sinful" without trying to understand just what it is that is wrong. If it is as he says, heck, it could be a "Christian" gene, that just manifests differently in different environments. And they try to get rid of it and exterminate themselves. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-06-2012, 02:37 PM
(27-06-2012 01:39 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  If it is as he says, heck, it could be a "Christian" gene, that just manifests differently in different environments. And they try to get rid of it and exterminate themselves. Big Grin

Can just see it now. Hoc's new "summer camp". Sign me up.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

27-06-2012, 03:07 PM

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
27-06-2012, 04:02 PM
(27-06-2012 01:39 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Good vid. Another reminder of how I don't get the willful ignorance of the religious types that go "it's just wrong/sinful" without trying to understand just what it is that is wrong. If it is as he says, heck, it could be a "Christian" gene, that just manifests differently in different environments. And they try to get rid of it and exterminate themselves. Big Grin

It is a good vid with well presented ideas.

To me, cultural assessment of ancient history is mostly speculative at best. Speculating through a narrow tunnel of time only adds our time's sexist viewpoint on top of what is presently culturally patriarchal, whereas back in cave man days, societies may have only survived because a matriarchal culture thrived. It's possible retard macho attitude, petty jealousy, possessiveness... all that testosterone crap, may not have been influential at the time.

My bet is on his discussion of genes manifesting differently in different environments; seems objectively more in line with evolution than the "gay uncle" or the "luck fucker" explanations. Of course, everything may have become combined as time progressed and changing cultural aspects became more influential.

Not to forget; a lot of Christee folk don't want stem cell research or gene therapy... so, uh - you might have something there HoC. Wink

27-06-2012, 04:07 PM
(27-06-2012 12:48 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  It's obvious that Creation Ministries International, the people funding this, are more interested in money than they are about their supposed message.

Well, God is great... but a monetized God is even better. Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like kim's post