Why sharks are important

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Why sharks are important
Nowhere else to put this.

Sharks are important because they keep our oceans free of other fish, and so oceans are not filled with all kinds of fish besides Sharks. We lose sharks, we will die in less than 250 years, probably.

Sharks are very important, but I am not 100% against shark fin soup, just poaching. I hate poaching. As long it's in moderation, and the sharks are not threaten. I am not gonna go argue against some food place that serves it. But I am 100% against poachers, and I hate poachers with a passion. Illegal poaching is very bad.

I hope I will live my whole life with sharks in existence. They are not puppies, but they are not your enemy. Nobody is a enemy, sharks are our friends. Ignore the stereotypes. We live with the sharks, they control our oceans. As long we have them we shall live for thousands of years, if we lose them, we will not live for that long.

http://www.dogpile.com/info.dogpl.t9.1/s...rtant+&ql=
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2013, 06:06 PM
RE: Why sharks are important
[Image: sharks_zps9a6a7d9e.jpg]

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
31-05-2013, 06:27 PM
They're also important because if they were non-existent Discovery Channel would have Mermaid Week instead of Shark Week.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 6 users Like Erxomai's post
31-05-2013, 06:39 PM
Since when does DC have shark week? I wish, the only channel I find sharks about is late at night: National Geographic Wild.

DC is copy of History Channel and is been slowly declining.
31-05-2013, 08:35 PM
How does one not know about Shark Week? I know and I've never watched a minute of it. Big Grin

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/shark-week

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
31-05-2013, 09:06 PM
I really like sharks, so long as the stay away from me when I am in the ocean.
They're not half as creepy as dolphins. Dolphins smile aall the time, never trus tanything rthat does that.

But seriously, sharks help keep diseases from spreading unchecked in the ocean, by feeding off the sickened fish and maintaining the populations. Whitout em I would have to spend all my time fishing to half the same impact and really, who wants that eh?

Humanists of West Florida
GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
31-05-2013, 09:21 PM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2013 09:25 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
Aren't honey bees more important? I would think they vanished, since so much of our crops are dependent on them for pollination (yes flies can also, but not nearly as effectively), we'd have major problems.

Of course I could be completely wrong about that.

All I do know is i haven't dipped more than a toe in the ocean since seeing Jaws in the 70s.

Poor Pipin. Sad

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

01-06-2013, 01:18 PM
I'd love to watch more stuff about Sharks on TV but I don't see it much, and it seems to a one time thing. I try to search on my TV for it, but I think the tv shows are labelled by its own name, and not just 'sharks'. I'd try to watch stuff about Sharks on YouTube, does anybody have any videos about Sharks they know? (Good things, no stereotypes).

Dolphins are a stereotypical creature too, and maybe they are the evil ones cause they smile all the time. (JOKE) LOL

and yes Sharks keep diseases from spreading by killing sickened fish, and maintaining the oceans. At least in their part, who knows what is beneath the sharks and the sharks are probably prey of other creatures in deep depths of the ocean.

There is large numbers of smaller fish that Sharks feed off on, and they keep the population down. We can't do all the fishing now, can we? That's why sharks are our friends.

but seriously, JAWS is a stereotype and sharks are NOT like that in real life, their mouths are not that big and that is CGI effects.
they don't even bite off whole, just little bite and until bleed and that's it. smaller bites, never HUGE like what stereotypes show.
And you know what I mean by HUGE, you people should know. When I mean small, I dnt mean lil cuts, probably like a bit of flesh falls off from other creatures that are same size as sharks. but never HGUE. Dnt believe stereotypes.

but Bees are important as sharks, cause Bees handle the flowers and Sharks the smaller fish.
01-06-2013, 01:30 PM
Seems to me that all (ahem) god's creatures have a place in the life cycle of this planet. Or did I miss a memo?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
01-06-2013, 01:58 PM
(01-06-2013 01:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Seems to me that all (ahem) god's creatures have a place in the life cycle of this planet. Or did I miss a memo?

Including us. Evil_monster