RE: Why sharks are important
Hence the use of "all".

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-06-2013, 02:42 PM
Am I the only one thinking mensuration when I hear the term "shark week"? Maybe its an Australian thing? No, urban dictionary backs me up on this: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.ph...ark%20week

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
01-06-2013, 02:47 PM
(01-06-2013 01:18 PM)Korin Wrote:  I'd love to watch more stuff about Sharks on TV but I don't see it much, and it seems to a one time thing. I try to search on my TV for it, but I think the tv shows are labelled by its own name, and not just 'sharks'. I'd try to watch stuff about Sharks on YouTube, does anybody have any videos about Sharks they know? (Good things, no stereotypes).

Dolphins are a stereotypical creature too, and maybe they are the evil ones cause they smile all the time. (JOKE) LOL

and yes Sharks keep diseases from spreading by killing sickened fish, and maintaining the oceans. At least in their part, who knows what is beneath the sharks and the sharks are probably prey of other creatures in deep depths of the ocean.

There is large numbers of smaller fish that Sharks feed off on, and they keep the population down. We can't do all the fishing now, can we? That's why sharks are our friends.

but seriously, JAWS is a stereotype and sharks are NOT like that in real life, their mouths are not that big and that is CGI effects.
they don't even bite off whole, just little bite and until bleed and that's it. smaller bites, never HUGE like what stereotypes show.
And you know what I mean by HUGE, you people should know. When I mean small, I dnt mean lil cuts, probably like a bit of flesh falls off from other creatures that are same size as sharks. but never HGUE. Dnt believe stereotypes.

but Bees are important as sharks, cause Bees handle the flowers and Sharks the smaller fish.

I was like 11 when that movie came out...it just really scared the crap out of me so badly...I walked out of the theater and called my papa to come get me. Lmao.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

01-06-2013, 03:01 PM
I saw that movie too when I was young, like 9 years old and I got scared when guy died but when I saw Sharkwater, it changed my opinion on them.

and Whale Wars is a good show too, wish it was on more.
02-06-2013, 08:12 AM
Good timing, bringing up sharks.
I was just watching a doco on Megalodon.

As large as a sperm whale, but basically a great white.

[Image: megalodon-size.jpg]

None of them around any more obviously, pity.

Sharks in general are certainly a very refined near perfect product of evolution.
It's just a pity they take so long to bread and their numbers are in decline.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
02-06-2013, 08:59 AM
(02-06-2013 08:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Good timing, bringing up sharks.
I was just watching a doco on Megalodon.

As large as a sperm whale, but basically a great white.

[Image: megalodon-size.jpg]

None of them around any more obviously, pity.

Sharks in general are certainly a very refined near perfect product of evolution.
It's just a pity they take so long to bread and their numbers are in decline.

I think we're going to need a bigger boat.......

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 2 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
02-06-2013, 09:35 AM
(31-05-2013 06:39 PM)Korin Wrote:  Since when does DC have shark week? I wish, the only channel I find sharks about is late at night: National Geographic Wild.

DC is copy of History Channel and is been slowly declining.

Who cares, they all show pawn stars and ancient aliens anyway.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
02-06-2013, 09:37 AM
(02-06-2013 08:59 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  I think we're going to need a bigger boat.......

You asked for it

Oh yeah, and this:

[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
02-06-2013, 09:40 AM
(02-06-2013 08:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  None of them around any more obviously, pity.

The fuck you talking about Muffs?

02-06-2013, 05:55 PM
(02-06-2013 09:40 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(02-06-2013 08:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  None of them around any more obviously, pity.

The fuck you talking about Muffs?

The sheer stupidity exhibited in that film is an artform. Makes Vin Diesel look like fucking Confucius. All it needs is Patty Duke and Meredith Baxter Birney and its the perfect shitstorm!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade