Why should I be an atheist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2017, 11:58 AM
RE: Why should I be an atheist?
(02-05-2017 11:00 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(02-05-2017 10:44 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Tbh my spidey senses started tingling at the thought of someone who's hero and role model was a murderous bastard French Corsican from the early 19th century, I mean seriously? Its a bit like me saying hitler was my role model and hero because he bought the autobahns' into existence.

Ah, but the same said murderous Corsican did also break the power of the Inquisition... so there's that. Consider

Doesn't either excuse him or paint him in a positive light m8. Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2017, 12:09 PM
(02-05-2017 11:54 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(02-05-2017 11:43 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  One major problem with this objections, most religions are not exclusivist, and many don't have a hell like after life, for those who don't subscribe to their particular tradition. The Roman may have killed your for accepting their Gods, but wouldn't tell you you're going to burn in hell for it.

In fact such a beliefs are primarly a judeo-christian thing, reducing the millions of alternative options, to at best 2-3.

And your point is .?

That's pascals wagers doesn't apply to millions of Gods or religions, and can primarily only be applied to the unique features of the Abrahamic faiths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
02-05-2017, 12:11 PM
Case in point. You should be an atheist because the alternative is to be someone as blatantly dishonest as Tomasia. Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
02-05-2017, 12:30 PM
You heard it here folks, the carrot and stick approach is valid because Christianity is true. Dodgy
[+] 4 users Like adey67's post
02-05-2017, 12:47 PM
(02-05-2017 12:11 PM)Vera Wrote:  Case in point. You should be an atheist because the alternative is to be someone as blatantly dishonest as Tomasia. Drinking Beverage

Translation: You should be an atheist to win brownie points among atheist members of TTA.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
02-05-2017, 12:52 PM
At least TTA members are real, unlike that made-up monstrosity of a god you decided to waste your life metaphorically blowing Drinking Beverage

Also, WAY to show your flagrant insecurity, bringing reputation and popularity into a conversation that had NOTHING to do with it. You truly are pathetic.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
02-05-2017, 12:57 PM
Theres no fighting in atheism. Come on now folks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
02-05-2017, 01:00 PM
(01-05-2017 07:41 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  According to Blaise Pascal, it is a much safer bet to believe in God. And with that said, why be an atheist?

Pascal's Wager is nonsense, and you can safely discount it as anything meaningful.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
02-05-2017, 01:05 PM
(02-05-2017 12:47 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(02-05-2017 12:11 PM)Vera Wrote:  Case in point. You should be an atheist because the alternative is to be someone as blatantly dishonest as Tomasia. Drinking Beverage

Translation: You should be an atheist to win brownie points among atheist members of TTA.

Was demonstrating her point really the best come back you could think of? Drinking Beverage

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 7 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
02-05-2017, 01:06 PM
(02-05-2017 12:57 PM)treefireguy Wrote:  Theres no fighting in atheism. Come on now folks...

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post