Why should I be an atheist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2017, 06:09 PM
RE: Why should I be an atheist?
Totally shocked the OP turned out to be a troll.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2017, 08:55 PM
(07-05-2017 06:09 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  Totally shocked the OP turned out to be a troll.
Forgive me for being a bit naive here probably, but that new thumbnail next to his name ... is that something he changed today, and is that supposed to mean "gotcha"?

I am aware of how that image was used in a particular episode of Black Mirror or some such show, the one where some unseen prankster would blackmail people into doing horrible things, ultimately fighting each other to the death while the prankster watched from a drone camera. Then he would expose the person anyway. I don't know if that image originated with or predated that show, or how it's used in current online culture. Anyone able to enlighten me?
08-05-2017, 11:54 AM
(07-05-2017 08:55 PM)mordant Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 06:09 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  Totally shocked the OP turned out to be a troll.
Forgive me for being a bit naive here probably, but that new thumbnail next to his name ... is that something he changed today, and is that supposed to mean "gotcha"?

I am aware of how that image was used in a particular episode of Black Mirror or some such show, the one where some unseen prankster would blackmail people into doing horrible things, ultimately fighting each other to the death while the prankster watched from a drone camera. Then he would expose the person anyway. I don't know if that image originated with or predated that show, or how it's used in current online culture. Anyone able to enlighten me?

That image is known as the Troll Face Meme and I think it originated on 4chan about 10 years ago.
08-05-2017, 03:18 PM
(08-05-2017 11:54 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 08:55 PM)mordant Wrote:  Forgive me for being a bit naive here probably, but that new thumbnail next to his name ... is that something he changed today, and is that supposed to mean "gotcha"?

That image is known as the Troll Face Meme and I think it originated on 4chan about 10 years ago.
Thanks. I suspected it was relatively old.
13-05-2017, 12:07 PM
(06-05-2017 09:11 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Any time you see the term "foundational" in reference to atheism, it's a sign you've run into a William Lane Craig disciple. Or as I call them, the Liars for Jesus Club.
So...Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism is an atheist book, thus Aron Ra is a secret Christian Disciple of William Lane Craig. Aron Ra is a plant to sow the seeds of faith among you all! Hobo

(There is no tinfoil hat smilie, so had to make do for this attempt at humor with the Hobo.)

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
13-05-2017, 01:07 PM
(13-05-2017 12:07 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 09:11 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Any time you see the term "foundational" in reference to atheism, it's a sign you've run into a William Lane Craig disciple. Or as I call them, the Liars for Jesus Club.
So...Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism is an atheist book, thus Aron Ra is a secret Christian Disciple of William Lane Craig. Aron Ra is a plant to sow the seeds of faith among you all! Hobo

(There is no tinfoil hat smilie, so had to make do for this attempt at humor with the Hobo.)

Nice try .... Epic failBig Grin Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
13-05-2017, 04:01 PM
some people confuse atheism with lack belief in anything reasonable. Most atheist, using observation, see no reason to come up with a conclusion with god of the religious fundy type. Dismissal of any reasonable conclusion based on lack of understanding (the illusion of metaphysical based on stupidity), personal emotional need, or anti-religious is not a requirement of being an atheist. But they do seem to fit liberal stupidity.

Only a rational conclusion without the god of a theist is required. that is all.