Why should a deity exist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2017, 09:39 AM
RE: Why should a deity exist?
Robvalue Wrote:How can you test if something is immortal?
I can't and I don't need to test something that immortal. I have no reason to do that.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2017, 09:46 AM
TheInquisition Wrote:Define 'sin'.
Sin is breaking of the law of God
Righteousness is opposite- obeying the law of God
TheInquisition Wrote:Present evidence for the objective existence of 'sin'.
I don't have this kind of authority(power).
TheInquisition Wrote:Until you can do both, then 'sin' itself is meaningless because it's unfalsifiable; and using that as part of the definition of your god concept makes it meaningless as well.
Sure. I can totally understand this argument.

14-02-2017, 09:57 AM
At work.

Hello again Alla! Big Grin

*Waves*

Thumbsup
14-02-2017, 10:05 AM
(14-02-2017 09:57 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Hello again Alla! Big Grin

*Waves*

Thumbsup
Hello!Smile

14-02-2017, 10:45 AM
Here's my vid then Smile

I have plenty more on serious topics, as well as a series of comedy ones.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
14-02-2017, 11:06 AM
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Cool accent. Is it British?
So, about what you said on this video:
1)what you say makes perfect sense.
2)if we talk about God of heaven and this Earth then where did you read His claim that He is out of space and time?
3)you asked: " if you don't have evidence of God why do you believe in the first place?" Do you want to know my answer?
4) Why are you angry? Or what makes you angry?

14-02-2017, 11:12 AM
(14-02-2017 11:06 AM)Alla Wrote:  Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Cool accent. Is it British?
So, about what you said on this video:
1)what you say makes perfect sense.
2)if we talk about God of heaven and this Earth then where did you read His claim that He is out of space and time?
3)you asked: " if you don't have evidence of God why do you believe in the first place?" Do you want to know my answer?
4) Why are you angry? Or what makes you angry?

God's on Kolob, right?Facepalm

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
14-02-2017, 11:46 AM
(14-02-2017 02:39 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 02:23 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Absolutely, I've taken the position of ignosticism for quite some time now. I've previously asked theists to define "God", and the discussion has gone on for 30+ pages without them managing to do this. I don't think many people are used to thinking about it.

Ok, I can answer in a few sentences. God is intelligent, immortal, glorified, resurrected Man. He is perfect Man, meaning He is free from any sin(He is righteous).

Nope... this doesn't address Robvalue's question at all. That is: to define "God".

It only defines your personal conceptualisation of what gods are, or simply might be. And at this point in our advanced scientific journey, there is thus far no empirical evidence supporting your abstraction of a paranormal entity. To satisfactorily define gods to the satisfaction of the skeptical atheist community, you must provide that evidence. And it has to be material evidence.

I have no idea of what you mean by "resurrected man". Resurrection is impossible. And can I also ask you how it is that you're so sure your purported god is a male?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
14-02-2017, 11:56 AM
(14-02-2017 11:46 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 02:39 AM)Alla Wrote:  Ok, I can answer in a few sentences. God is intelligent, immortal, glorified, resurrected Man. He is perfect Man, meaning He is free from any sin(He is righteous).

Nope... this doesn't address Robvalue's question at all. That is: to define "God".

It only defines your personal conceptualisation of what gods are, or simply might be. And at this point in our advanced scientific journey, there is thus far no empirical evidence supporting your abstraction of a paranormal entity. To satisfactorily define gods to the satisfaction of the skeptical atheist community, you must provide that evidence. And it has to be material evidence.

I have no idea of what you mean by "resurrected man". Resurrection is impossible. And can I also ask you how it is that you're so sure your purported god is a male?
Because god stands on the back of only male turtles.

[Image: bbe14bdc-d48f-4ec7-a675-184caea3deb2]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
14-02-2017, 01:41 PM
(14-02-2017 02:32 AM)Alla Wrote:  I suffer because suffering is something that always existed, exists and will always exist. In other words there was no time when there was no suffering or it won't be time when it won't be suffering.
It is true enough that there has always been suffering, and arguably true that it we will never be entirely without it. History shows us that it can be made way better or worse by the actions people take (or fail to take) to reduce (or increase) it.

I am of the opinion that eventually (not nearly as soon as some think, and not soon enough to do you or I any good) we will achieve biological immortality, that we will constantly approach a disease-free, aging-free state, and that unless humanity manages to set itself way back, people will have very little need to work to exist, they will have complete freedom and leisure. I believe that in that state humans will be far more free to be their best selves without the constant distraction of "nature, red in tooth and claw".

I think this is a desirable thing to aspire to and I see suffering as not necessary for personal growth / happiness and in fact the primary impediment to it.
(14-02-2017 02:32 AM)Alla Wrote:  My ancestors Adam and Eve chose to become like Gods so they could KNOW what Gods know - not only pleasure but pain also. Not only joy but suffering also.
I suffer so I can become like Gods knowing not only good but evil also.
If God doesn't know what suffering/pain(something that exists) is then what kind of God is He?
This is not particularly unique. Theistic ideation has generally contained some rationalization for suffering and holding forth the promise of becoming more god-like, or more virtuous, or to garner favor with the gods, by patiently enduring it. Indeed, this is one of the major ways that the common folk are gentled and put back to sleep by their clerical overlords. It's a fulcrum of control. What it says, basically, is "be content and don't complain, and besides, your grinding poverty, malnutrition, disease, and insecurity are great character builders." It actually takes aspects of one's existence that are antithetical to being fully actualized, and turns them into faux selling points for the good life -- or at least for some false promise of a good life by-and-by.