Why should prostitution be illegal?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2013, 12:11 PM
RE: Why should prostitution be illegal?
If the market has no legal ways to cater to a market, then a black market will be created and it will happen regardless. Nevada is a great example of this.

Making prostitution illegal, and/or making it difficult to use will only ensure the black market continues to flourish.
Which is what I would think no one wants as it's completely unregulated that way.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Diablo's post
10-01-2013, 12:30 PM
You would be hard-pressed to find anyone here that is opposed to the legalization of prostitution. You'd also be able to find many who would argue that only the debates he or she is interested in should be a federal issue, all others should be state issues. Because, you know, neo-Libertarianism thinks it is the United Countries and not the United States.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
10-01-2013, 08:28 PM
I'm thinking some inspector comes in every so often and does checks for cleanliness and diseases, not unlike public restaurants get inspected. The prostitute (if self-employed), or the brothel must pay for this service via taxes. People caught prostituting outside of that should not go to jail for prostitution, but should be punished somehow (whether jailtime or fine or whatever) for not being checked by a healthcare professional such as a nurse. I'm wavering on my opinions because I've never given this thought beyond 'It should be legal'. Criticisms?

10-01-2013, 08:34 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2013 08:39 PM by Dark Light.)
(10-01-2013 11:26 AM)FingerWatchTom Wrote:  Providing it is properly regulated I don't see there being a problem as a whole, but I doubt a politician is going to come out and say they supported legalising prostitution since it makes them unelectable to many.

2:54

Ron Paul, who just retired after decades of being elected and re-elected. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
10-01-2013, 08:43 PM
(10-01-2013 08:34 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 11:26 AM)FingerWatchTom Wrote:  Providing it is properly regulated I don't see there being a problem as a whole, but I doubt a politician is going to come out and say they supported legalising prostitution since it makes them unelectable to many.

Ron Paul, who just retired after decades of being elected and re-elected. Drinking Beverage
Why the fuck is this guy not running your country?
He knows what the fuck he's talking about.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
10-01-2013, 09:02 PM
(10-01-2013 08:43 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  

There's no reason for any act informed adults do which does not harm independent third parties to be illegal.

Ron Paul is from the libertarian wing of the GOP. Ron Paul was not the GOP nominee because:
-he does not think it's a big deal, or any cause of concern to us if Iran has a nuclear weapon
-G W Bush moved the GOP from isolationist to interventionist when it comes to foreign policy after the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Ron Paul wanted to call it quits on the global war on terror--the GOP is not ready for that.
-he is too libertarian on social issues for the social cons in the GOP (personally, he's socially conservative, but takes a libertarian stance on government involvement in social issues)

He's not president of the US because:
-he's prone to conspiracy theories
-Ron Paul conveniently didn't notice his newsletters contained racist writings, and by the way he has no idea who wrote his newsletters now. (ref http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arch...rs/250338/ )
10-01-2013, 11:12 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2013 11:17 PM by Diablo.)

He doesn't offer solutions to anything, rather no matter the question he is asked he just suggest that each state completely governs itself. He wanted to turn the United States into the 50 independent States of America. To him the Federal govt should be as small as possible to the point its non-existent.

Funny thing is we had this discussion back in 1860 during the civil war. The union won, and we decided the fed trumps state govt.

Also his ideas regarding economics are looney toons, at least for the country (Not so much for himself).
[+] 2 users Like Diablo's post
11-01-2013, 12:13 AM

Because the the masses accept bullshit with enough propaganda thrown at them, which leaves them with with only the most status quo candidates that either the dems or republicans can offer. Ron Paul ran for president three times, all unsuccessfully. He ran in '88 for the Libertarian Part, '08 for the Republican Party (only chance of being elected was one of the two bug parties), and again in 2012. His last run gained a lot of traction and for a while it looked like he stood a chance at being the Republican nominee (I voted for him in the primaries and donated to his campaign), but ultimately he lost. There was quite a bit of evidence to suggest that his last run was failed in part to conspiracy by the Republican Party, including reporting that he had lost districts before the ballots had been counted, and closing polling stations where he had a strong following due to 'inclement weather' which was nothing more than snow flurries, and not counting the votes cast the following day because it was against republican rules. There is much more evidence of corruption within the party directed at him, but you can look up a youtube video for that, there is plenty of evidence, pretty damning evidence actually. Anyway, I wound up voting for Johnson which had no chance of winning the election, but has similar views to Ron Paul, he was the former governor of New Mexico (I think).

11-01-2013, 01:46 AM
(10-01-2013 11:12 PM)Diablo Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 08:43 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why the fuck is this guy not running your country?
He doesn't offer solutions to anything, rather no matter the question he is asked he just suggest that each state completely governs itself. He wanted to turn the United States into the 50 independent States of America. To him the Federal govt should be as small as possible to the point its non-existent.

Funny thing is we had this discussion back in 1860 during the civil war. The union won, and we decided the fed trumps state govt.

Also his ideas regarding economics are looney toons, at least for the country (Not so much for himself).
He has given more concise solutions at times... They just happen to be awfully worse solutions. When it comes d town to people who are in need of help, he has stated he wants churches to have more control in giving aid to people. His thinking is that churches are organizations that are better off helping individuals in need than any governmental organization.

It's why he seems so baffled at people who infer he wants an anarchy like state; He wants nothing of the sort, he just thinks the good will of churches and the cheap, much poorer quality, health care of his doctoral days in the 60s will be easily spread to those in need.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
11-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Ron Paul is a clear example of the anarcho-capitalists and uneducated anti-federalists masquerading as Libertarians.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post