Why shouldn't I move to your country?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2017, 06:06 PM
RE: Why shouldn't I move to your country?
Izel, you can come to California. Whatever weather you prefer, you can pretty much find it. The northern half is full of low income hippie pot smokers, and the bottom half has all kinds of warmth and recreational activities. You can go to the mountains and ski, then drive to the beach and surf, all in the same day.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
22-06-2017, 12:44 AM
(21-06-2017 06:03 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(21-06-2017 04:06 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  [Image: p1030275.jpg] Laughat

What's with those half-a-sock things?

I.dont.fucking.know.or.care. Tongue

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
22-06-2017, 12:49 AM
It's boring and nothing interesting happens here.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
22-06-2017, 12:55 AM
(21-06-2017 04:22 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  In addition to a government in the hands of the immature and incompetent, there's also:
[Image: EW5sDri.jpg]

That's one of the best maps ever! I'm in the year round depression/on fire place on your map but I think I'd take that over the religious south.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
22-06-2017, 02:52 AM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2017 02:55 AM by Sturm.)
For my birth country (France) here are the main reason why I left it 7 years ago :
- 1/ the frenchs : if I were behaving like a french I would give you many reasons not to chose France and if you agreed with them, I would probably reverse my opinion just for the pleasure to contradict you and have a pointless argument about it.
- 2/ Paris : the place where you are the most likely to find a job, but the place I hate the most in France to live in : beside nice touristic (and crowded places), the rest is just ugly buildings, pollution, stress, and 2h/day of underground public transport
- 3/ countryside is nice, but then you're far from everything, it lacks culture and activities to do.

For the country I now live in (the Netherlands), it's hard to find reasons not to move here since I really like it. I'll try and give you the only drawbacks I find here :
- 1/ the language : sure you can speak english all the time, but it's nicer and better to socialize to speak dutch, and dutch is a pain to learn. Also, roughly 15 millions people speak dutch in the world, so you'll be basically learning a language that you can only speak in the Netherlands
- 2/ most densely populated country in Europe : there aren't really wild places, no forest or countryside where you can get lost far from civilization. Sometimes I miss being able to drive a couple of hours without seeing a single house, that's not possible here. Sure we have beautiful national parks, but they are very small
- 3/ days are short in winter : we are very much up north, so night falls at 4:30 in winter, it's a bit depressing if you like long days (as I do).

That's all I can come up with !
[+] 5 users Like Sturm's post
22-06-2017, 03:22 AM
Reasons not to move to SA:
  • Shitty, extremely shitty politics. Racism. Classism. Violent clashes with police.
  • Economy is taking major strain.
  • Poverty is widespread and in your face at all times. Inequality is huge. You can live in the most expensive neighbourhood, I guarantee that when you go to bed at night, within 500m of you someone who makes less that $1US or even $0.50 US per day is sleeping in a ditch.

On the other hand the climate is good, people are friendly and somehow we manage to bumble along.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
22-06-2017, 03:32 AM
The asswipe on the right of this collection of asswipes.

[Image: noch-ziehen-europas-rechtspopulisten-an-...rache-.jpg]

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like abaris's post
22-06-2017, 04:02 AM
(22-06-2017 03:32 AM)abaris Wrote:  The asswipe on the right of this collection of asswipes.

The 2 asswipes on the left are also drawbacks of both countries I just mentioned !
[+] 1 user Likes Sturm's post
22-06-2017, 05:06 AM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2017 05:23 AM by yakherder.)
(21-06-2017 04:16 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Gonna start making popcorn as I wait for the Canadians to try to come up with a reason not to move there, and then apologize for failing to do so.

Popcorn

Big Grin

[Image: economic-briefing-breakfast-16-638.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
22-06-2017, 05:10 AM
(22-06-2017 03:32 AM)abaris Wrote:  The asswipe on the right of this collection of asswipes.

An austrian, right wing populist!?
How shocking. Drinking Beverage
Be sure not to let him go...again
Tongue

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post