Why shouldn't I move to your country?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2017, 08:48 AM
RE: Why shouldn't I move to your country?
UK:

The only thing I can honestly say is "The people". I'm one of them, but fuck me a lot of people are miserable here. Its the old "keep calm and carry on thing", but it's just full of people plodding along/being grump/taking up their time with stupid first world problems.

If you get chance watch "neighbors from hell" which is a British program. The amount of people who've nearly killed each other over stuff like: 'His bin was in front of my window', is fucking insane. People come to blows over who sat in who's chair first, who looked at the other one [intentionally or not] or just like being friendly as well.

I often wonder if I was born in the right country.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2017, 09:00 AM
A typical summer's day in Australia...

[Image: sig-4714688.State_Mine_Fire.jpg]

I know a lot of people like to curl up in front of an open fire with a glass of tawny port, but... um...

Cool

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
22-06-2017, 09:07 AM
(22-06-2017 09:00 AM)SYZ Wrote:  A typical summer's day in Australia...

[Image: sig-4714688.State_Mine_Fire.jpg]

I know a lot of people like to curl up in front of an open fire with a glass of tawny port, but... um...

Cool

Laugh out load Park the cars on the opposite sides of the road and that could be California. We had a fire in '03 that raced up one side of our valley, jumped the freeway, and raced back on the other side. Nobody could get out for two days, and the air looked like that of Beijing's.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
22-06-2017, 09:12 AM
(22-06-2017 07:48 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 07:14 AM)adey67 Wrote:  ...
I'm a royalist

Weirdo.

Drinking Beverage

Republican traitor Wink Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
22-06-2017, 09:18 AM
(21-06-2017 04:06 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  [Image: p1030275.jpg]
[Image: Trachten-Geschichte-und-Tradition-Jugend...00x502.jpg]

#1 So many foreigners think this is Germany. This pisses me off (see #3)
#2 It looks outright silly
#3 It stands for Bavarian (conservative) bigotry, xenophobia and backwardness (imho)

This reminded me on Wodehouse's would-be dictator, Roderick Spode (whose supporters are called the black-shorts, 'cause they'd apparently run out of shirts for all the parties) and really made me laugh Big Grin

Here's Bertie giving him what for (feeling safe, because he has dirt on Spode, namely:
Jeeves: Mr Spode designs ladies' underclothing, sir. He has a considerable talent in that direction, and has indulged it secretly for some years. He is the founder and proprietor of the emporium in Bond Street known as Eulalie Soeurs.

Bertie: You don't mean that?

Jeeves: Yes, sir.

Bertie: Good Lord, Jeeves! No wonder he didn't want the thing to come out.

Jeeves: No, sir. It would unquestionably jeopardize his authority over his followers.

Bertie: You can't be a successful Dictator and design women's underclothing.

Jeeves: No, sir.

Bertie: One or the other, but not both.

Jeeves: Precisely, sir.

"The trouble with you, Spode, is that because you have succeeded in inducing a handful of halfwits to disfigure the London scene by going about in black shorts, you think you're someone. You hear them shouting 'Heil Spode!' and you imagine it is the Voice of the People. That is where you make your bloomer. What the Voice of the People is saying is: 'Look at that frightful ass Spode, swanking about in footer bags! Did you ever in your puff see such a perfect perisher!' "

(I've actually seen Trump compared to Spode in more than one article)

'I am not in the habit of talking rot'

'Well, I must say you're doing dashed well for a beginner'

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
22-06-2017, 09:50 AM
(22-06-2017 05:38 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 05:15 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  England:

Brexit. The monarchy. Football worship. Tories.

Pictures say more than a thousand words.

[Image: farage.jpg]

[Image: Theresa-May-Brexit-negotiations-701433.jpg]

And I'm not so sure if the monarchy is all bad.

[Image: 1498064392237.jpg]

The royals we have right now are pretty decent in fact. I would prefer them over many of the slimy politicians. It's just the whole concept of a royal family that I find absurd.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
22-06-2017, 09:57 AM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2017 10:01 AM by Vera.)
(22-06-2017 09:50 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  It's just the whole concept of a royal family that I find absurd.

Exactly. The whole idea of monarchy is as ridiculous as that of religion, at least in this day and age. It's a ludicrous relic of (a not so great) past that makes absolutely no sense in today's world and has no place in an evolved society (which we might or might not be but that's a whole other - sad - story)

"“The only thing known to go faster than ordinary light is monarchy, according to the philosopher Ly Tin Wheedle. He reasoned like this: you can't have more than one king, and tradition demands that there is no gap between kings, so when a king dies the succession must therefore pass to the heir instantaneously. Presumably, he said, there must be some elementary particles -- kingons, or possibly queons -- that do this job, but of course succession sometimes fails if, in mid-flight, they strike an anti-particle, or republicon. His ambitious plans to use his discovery to send messages, involving the careful torturing of a small king in order to modulate the signal, were never fully expanded because, at that point, the bar closed.”"

[+] 8 users Like Vera's post
22-06-2017, 10:01 AM
(22-06-2017 09:18 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(21-06-2017 04:06 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  [Image: p1030275.jpg]
[Image: Trachten-Geschichte-und-Tradition-Jugend...00x502.jpg]

#1 So many foreigners think this is Germany. This pisses me off (see #3)
#2 It looks outright silly
#3 It stands for Bavarian (conservative) bigotry, xenophobia and backwardness (imho)

This reminded me on Wodehouse's would-be dictator, Roderick Spode (whose supporters are called the black-shorts, 'cause they'd apparently run out of shirts for all the parties) and really made me laugh Big Grin

Here's Bertie giving him what for (feeling safe, because he has dirt on Spode, namely:
Jeeves: Mr Spode designs ladies' underclothing, sir. He has a considerable talent in that direction, and has indulged it secretly for some years. He is the founder and proprietor of the emporium in Bond Street known as Eulalie Soeurs.

Bertie: You don't mean that?

Jeeves: Yes, sir.

Bertie: Good Lord, Jeeves! No wonder he didn't want the thing to come out.

Jeeves: No, sir. It would unquestionably jeopardize his authority over his followers.

Bertie: You can't be a successful Dictator and design women's underclothing.

Jeeves: No, sir.

Bertie: One or the other, but not both.

Jeeves: Precisely, sir.

"The trouble with you, Spode, is that because you have succeeded in inducing a handful of halfwits to disfigure the London scene by going about in black shorts, you think you're someone. You hear them shouting 'Heil Spode!' and you imagine it is the Voice of the People. That is where you make your bloomer. What the Voice of the People is saying is: 'Look at that frightful ass Spode, swanking about in footer bags! Did you ever in your puff see such a perfect perisher!' "

(I've actually seen Trump compared to Spode in more than one article)

'I am not in the habit of talking rot'

'Well, I must say you're doing dashed well for a beginner'

Is that Hugh Laurie driving the car!?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
22-06-2017, 10:07 AM
You mean Terry Gilliam? One of the slightly lesser known Pythons? Together with the lovely Neil Innes...

This still makes me laugh so much every single time I hear it. Brilliant! [Image: hehe.gif]

"Brave Sir Robin ran away
Bravely ran away away
When danger reared its ugly head
He bravely turned his tail and fled
Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about
And gallantly he chickened out
Bravely taking to his feet
He beat a very brave retreat
Bravest of the brave, Sir Robin!"

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
22-06-2017, 10:16 AM
Maybe it is my French ancestry but I've always loved this part. Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post