Why shouldn't I move to your country?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2017, 10:49 AM
RE: Why shouldn't I move to your country?
~That first one is a bad example. I saw that and thought..."When can I move lol" She looks 10x worse now like, but DAYUM !

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2017, 11:40 AM
(23-06-2017 10:27 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 01:54 PM)yakherder Wrote:  In Canada, you can get lake front property for dirt cheap or you can go broke trying to live in a metropolitan area with horrendous traffic and a crappy.public transportation system. Call me a redneck, but I will never understand the draw of the "big city", relatively speaking.

I agree.

'Course you spend 8 months of the year freezing your ass off in the Yukon Territory shitting in a bucket in your backyard and need all your supplies flown in by airplane. Still.....

I'm talking more like an hour or two from civilization, but bucket shitting in Yukon would still be better Tongue

'Murican Canadian
23-06-2017, 01:13 PM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2017 01:30 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(23-06-2017 10:33 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Yeah everyone here picks off the low hanging fruit about what you hate about the USA. But what about this asshole?

[Image: kim-kardashian-0b40d1ae-954e-4c37-8893-0a3eee38b3ac.jpg]

Or these fuckers?

[Image: screenshot_2015-11-09_at_91.jpg]

Or this bitch who made me hate Atheists?

[Image: AngryFeminist.png]

What about this horrible TV show which ruined the History Channel?

[Image: Ancient_aliens.png]

Or this fucking asshole?

[Image: maxresdefault.0.jpg]

Or this one?

[Image: rush_limbaugh7.jpg]

Or this one?

But ...... on the positive side, we DO have this guy .... he may be a reason to visit, at least.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
23-06-2017, 01:40 PM
Who was the atheist bitch the pictures won't show up?
23-06-2017, 02:25 PM
This guy.
[Image: tw_zpseq1kboaa.jpg]

#sigh
24-06-2017, 05:45 PM
(23-06-2017 05:26 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  I was in Paris back in the spring of 2016 and milady and I used the Metro pretty much every day. Aside from a bit of initial confusion, once we got the system figured out we found it was a breeze. We were staying at an AirB&B in the 15th arrondissement not far from the Lourmel Metro and had zero problem getting around. And, to a person, we found Parisians to be *gasp* actually polite. We never felt threatened, always felt welcomed, had a great time.

Sure, if you're used to the very limited subway in Toronto, the much more elaborated subway system in Paris must be a relief when you want to travel inside the city using the subway. Also, I agree, I think the subway in Paris is very easy to use (compared to other cities for instance like in Brussels), the big drawback is the amount of change you need to do when you want to go from one place to another, not located on the same line. For instance, going to the Eiffeil Tower can be a pain if you're in the north of Paris (between 45 min and 1h). People who live in Paris actually use the bus a lot, and it can save a lot of time. The thing is, bus are much more difficult to use than subway in Paris, so I always preferred to spend more time in the subway than getting lost with the bus.

I think people experience Paris differently depending on their expectation, and what they are used to in their country. For instance, a few years back I made a slovenian friend of my wife visit Paris, she was so much looking forward to it, and very excited about it, but after 3 days in Paris, even though she liked what she saw, she told me she could definitely not live here and felt a lot of stress while being in the city. I guess she pictured Paris like how it's depicted in movies like "Midnight in Paris", and she was rather surprised by the reality of it.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoy your time in Paris ! there are place there I always really like to visit (like the Louvre), but I'm so glad I don't live here anymore !
[+] 1 user Likes Sturm's post
24-06-2017, 05:52 PM
I was surprised by the homelessness (the number of tents along the river) and racial tension. But I did find the people to be quite lovely.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
25-06-2017, 10:04 PM
The other day an inmate told me I'm too nice to be American. I now feel like I'm being unfairly stereotyped by the supposedly open minded Canadians.

'Murican Canadian
26-06-2017, 08:50 AM
(25-06-2017 10:04 PM)yakherder Wrote:  The other day an inmate told me I'm too nice to be American. I now feel like I'm being unfairly stereotyped by the supposedly open minded Canadians.

In Québec, Americans is a short word to describe those tourists who can't handle strong beer, get blasted drunk and do stupid things. Many of them are rather mean drunks.

PS: have you thought you could be starting to be assimilated Gasp

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
26-06-2017, 09:12 AM
(26-06-2017 08:50 AM)epronovost Wrote:  
(25-06-2017 10:04 PM)yakherder Wrote:  The other day an inmate told me I'm too nice to be American. I now feel like I'm being unfairly stereotyped by the supposedly open minded Canadians.

In Québec, Americans is a short word to describe those tourists who can't handle strong beer, get blasted drunk and do stupid things. Many of them are rather mean drunks.

PS: have you thought you could be starting to be assimilated Gasp

Nah. I've always been pretty mellow tempered despite my restless nature and recognized that, regardless of how I feel, being nice is usually more practical. My fucked up sense of humour might make me seem meaner than I am, at least online anyway. I have a mean side when necessary, though.

And on the other point, I probably can't hold my beer, having never drank beer before and all that Tongue

'Murican Canadian