Why so much Satanism all over the forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
22-11-2012, 10:45 AM
RE: Why so much Satanism all over the forum?
(22-11-2012 10:31 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  
(22-11-2012 10:25 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I find that if you need to join a cult for such a thing, you can do it on your own. Group identity is all that Satanism, or any religion/cult is for.
I, for one, have joined nothing, so you might want to pull your head out of your ass for one moment and listen to what I've got to say. Of course you won't, it's much easier to make fun of something you don't understand.
My previous statement was hypothetical, and not specifically saying you were apart of the cult.

Not at all, I completely understand the mentality of people who want to be apart of a religion/cult. I also understand Satanism, and that is why I think it is ridiculously childish, immoral, anti-social, and counterproductive.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2012, 10:46 AM
(22-11-2012 10:15 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Oh yes, 'tis we who cannot open our small little minds. Scientific, provable and observable wonders of the universe be damned!

So you are telling me, your magic works, and that through ritual you can "connect" with other things, whatever that may mean. Is that right?

I see what the problem is now.
You are stuck in a narrow definition of the word magic.
You seem to think that i am against science, provable and observable wonders of the Universe and Nature where I am NOT, I am very much for these things.

Magic and Ritual are APPLIED PSYCHOLOGY AND PSYCHODRAMA. What do you not understand?

Magic does work Yes and It does connect me to MYSELF and whatever external thing I am seeking to connect with, Yes. If you read any Psychology journal you may get a better understanding of how these formulas work.
22-11-2012, 10:48 AM
(22-11-2012 10:46 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(22-11-2012 10:15 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Oh yes, 'tis we who cannot open our small little minds. Scientific, provable and observable wonders of the universe be damned!

So you are telling me, your magic works, and that through ritual you can "connect" with other things, whatever that may mean. Is that right?

I see what the problem is now.
You are stuck in a narrow definition of the word magic.
You seem to think that i am against science, provable and observable wonders of the Universe and Nature where I am NOT, I am very much for these things.

Magic and Ritual are APPLIED PSYCHOLOGY AND PSYCHODRAMA. What do you not understand?

Magic does work Yes and It does connect me to MYSELF and whatever external thing I am seeking to connect with, Yes. If you read any Psychology journal you may get a better understanding of how these formulas work.
That is why we are criticizing your redefinition of the word.

[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
22-11-2012, 10:52 AM
(22-11-2012 10:44 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  
(22-11-2012 10:34 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I disagree.

It is significantly harder the commit Reductio ad Absurdum if you have no clue what you are talking about. Otherwise it's just a Appeal to Ridicule fallacy.
...which is what you're doing. You've been implying that Satanic magick is roughly the same as making fairies out of rainbows. Satanic magick doesn't tend to have a supernatural element to it. In other words, you're beating a straw man.

Actually no. For me to be beating a strawman, I'd have to be making an argument from a deliberate misinterpretation of your argument.

I have not actually made an argument toward or against anything, I was simply making a mockery for no specific purpose.

Though I am going to have to write angry letters to Dictionary.com and Google for their narrow and misinforming definition of magic.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
22-11-2012, 10:54 AM
(22-11-2012 10:45 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(22-11-2012 10:31 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  I, for one, have joined nothing, so you might want to pull your head out of your ass for one moment and listen to what I've got to say. Of course you won't, it's much easier to make fun of something you don't understand.
My previous statement was hypothetical, and not specifically saying you were apart of the cult.

Not at all, I completely understand the mentality of people who want to be apart of a religion/cult. I also understand Satanism, and that is why I think it is ridiculously childish, immoral, anti-social, and counterproductive.
Can you honestly say that wasn't implied? It seemed pretty clear to me. Also, you've been calling Satanism a cult for all this time.

Yet you haven't criticized Satanism, you've just called Irish and me doodoo heads.
[Image: 24867001.jpg]
22-11-2012, 10:57 AM
(22-11-2012 10:52 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(22-11-2012 10:44 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  ...which is what you're doing. You've been implying that Satanic magick is roughly the same as making fairies out of rainbows. Satanic magick doesn't tend to have a supernatural element to it. In other words, you're beating a straw man.

Actually no. For me to be beating a strawman, I'd have to be making an argument from a deliberate misinterpretation of your argument.

I have not actually made an argument toward or against anything, I was simply making a mockery for no specific purpose.

Though I am going to have to write angry letters to Dictionary.com and Google for their narrow and misinforming definition of magic.
Nice dodge.

Maybe you should. Here's a better one: Magick: the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will. You're welcome.
22-11-2012, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2012 11:10 AM by Free Thought.)
{Redacted due to correction}

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
22-11-2012, 11:04 AM
(22-11-2012 10:54 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  
(22-11-2012 10:45 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  My previous statement was hypothetical, and not specifically saying you were apart of the cult.

Can you honestly say that wasn't implied? It seemed pretty clear to me. Also, you've been calling Satanism a cult for all this time.

Yet you haven't criticized Satanism, you've just called Irish and me doodoo heads.
Yes I can, and I will. I was not implying you were apart of Satanism.

I've been calling Irishdize a fool for being apart of Satanism. I have simply disagreed with you. I can go ahead and insult you too, if you'd like. Drinking Beverage

22-11-2012, 11:06 AM
(22-11-2012 10:57 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Okay, being a meme loving denizen of the internet, I must object to your fail of a us of the Bill O'Reilly "You can't explain that" meme.

The formula:

X

You can't explain that
Beign a /b/tard myself, I must inform you that there are multiple Bill O'Reilly memes on the intertubes these days, the most famous of them being the "You can't explain that" one, e.g. "Bread goes in, toast comes out. You can't explain that", BUT one of the others is the "pinhead" meme, another example of this one is "Ph.D in physics? Pinhead". I understand Reddit doesn't have all of the memes we do, but you guys should try to keep up.
22-11-2012, 11:08 AM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2012 11:11 AM by Logica Humano.)
(22-11-2012 11:06 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  
(22-11-2012 10:57 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Okay, being a meme loving denizen of the internet, I must object to your fail of a us of the Bill O'Reilly "You can't explain that" meme.

The formula:

X

You can't explain that
Beign a /b/tard myself, I must inform you that there are multiple Bill O'Reilly memes on the intertubes these days, the most famous of them being the "You can't explain that" one, e.g. "Bread goes in, toast comes out. You can't explain that", BUT one of the others is the "pinhead" meme, another example of this one is "Ph.D in physics? Pinhead". I understand Reddit doesn't have all of the memes we do, but you guys should try to keep up.
[Image: tumblr_m325lrnSfr1qf3hns.jpg]

You're turning into a tard.