Why so much Satanism all over the forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
22-11-2012, 11:10 AM
RE: Why so much Satanism all over the forum?
Oh /b/ oh very full of insipid things you were.. But I digress, I stand corrected and withdraw my objection for being unaware of the "pinhead" derivative.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2012, 11:17 AM
(22-11-2012 11:04 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(22-11-2012 10:54 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  Can you honestly say that wasn't implied? It seemed pretty clear to me. Also, you've been calling Satanism a cult for all this time.

Yet you haven't criticized Satanism, you've just called Irish and me doodoo heads.
Yes I can, and I will. I was not implying you were apart of Satanism.

I've been calling Irishdize a fool for being apart of Satanism. I have simply disagreed with you. I can go ahead and insult you too, if you'd like. Drinking Beverage
Again, that has seemed to be your implication. Maybe I'm just reading to much into your posts, I don't know. Also, I'm still anxious to hear this "constructive criticism" you've been teasing me with while we've been arguing over definitions.
22-11-2012, 11:19 AM
(22-11-2012 11:08 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(22-11-2012 11:06 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  Beign a /b/tard myself, I must inform you that there are multiple Bill O'Reilly memes on the intertubes these days, the most famous of them being the "You can't explain that" one, e.g. "Bread goes in, toast comes out. You can't explain that", BUT one of the others is the "pinhead" meme, another example of this one is "Ph.D in physics? Pinhead". I understand Reddit doesn't have all of the memes we do, but you guys should try to keep up.
[Image: tumblr_m325lrnSfr1qf3hns.jpg]

You're turning into a tard.
My post was very much related to "the point". Free though was posting about memes, so I responded in kind.
22-11-2012, 11:31 AM
(22-11-2012 10:45 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(22-11-2012 10:15 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Oh yes, 'tis we who cannot open our small little minds. Scientific, provable and observable wonders of the universe be damned!

So you are telling me, your magic works, and that through ritual you can "connect" with other things, whatever that may mean. Is that right?

I see what the problem is now.
You are stuck in a narrow definition of the word magic.
You seem to think that i am against science, provable and observable wonders of the Universe and Nature where I am NOT, I am very much for these things.

Magic and Ritual are APPLIED PSYCHOLOGY AND PSYCHODRAMA. What do you not understand?

Magic does work Yes and It does connect me to MYSELF and whatever external thing I am seeking to connect with, Yes. If you read any Psychology journal you may get a better understanding of how these formulas work.
No, we're stuck on the commonly understood definition of the word magic. Your terms are misleading, dramatic, and silly.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
22-11-2012, 11:55 AM
(22-11-2012 11:17 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  
(22-11-2012 11:04 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Yes I can, and I will. I was not implying you were apart of Satanism.

I've been calling Irishdize a fool for being apart of Satanism. I have simply disagreed with you. I can go ahead and insult you too, if you'd like. Drinking Beverage
Again, that has seemed to be your implication. Maybe I'm just reading to much into your posts, I don't know. Also, I'm still anxious to hear this "constructive criticism" you've been teasing me with while we've been arguing over definitions.
Until the Irishdize accepts the correct definition, I will not debate with him. If you are willing to accept the fact that Satanism is a cult, we can continue.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
22-11-2012, 11:58 AM
(22-11-2012 11:55 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(22-11-2012 11:17 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  Again, that has seemed to be your implication. Maybe I'm just reading to much into your posts, I don't know. Also, I'm still anxious to hear this "constructive criticism" you've been teasing me with while we've been arguing over definitions.
Until the Irishdize accepts the correct definition, I will not debate with him. If you are willing to accept the fact that Satanism is a cult, we can continue.
I'll accept that Satanic organizations, such as the CoS, are cults, yes.
22-11-2012, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2012 12:45 PM by Logica Humano.)
(22-11-2012 11:58 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  
(22-11-2012 11:55 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Until the Irishdize accepts the correct definition, I will not debate with him. If you are willing to accept the fact that Satanism is a cult, we can continue.
I'll accept that Satanic organizations, such as the CoS, are cults, yes.
Cults appeal to people the same way churches do, with a form of social identity. Like religions, they create a structured and organized set of rules to follow. Whether or not these are good or bad rules all depends on a certain moral subjectivity. The issue with Satanism is that is blurs the established lines of morality. Many actions that are defined by the word cruel are suddenly acceptable or humane forms of behavior. There is a reason I said Satanism appeals to psycho-sociopathic people. It encourages such behavior, which is both unwarranted and unhealthy.

I do not care if said behavior appeals to a person or not. Such behavior affects people outside of the cult, and you will find the majority tends to look down on the eye-for-an-eye philosophy. For instance, one of the Satanic sins is "stupidity". Well, how do we define stupidity? What is stupidity? When someone doesn't understand, or misunderstands something? Well, instead of calling them stupid, help them understand it. If they prove to be willfully ignorant, are they a victim of youthful indoctrination, or are they genetically predisposed to a lack of intellect? There are far too many factors and a far too elastic definition of stupidity, it invites individual interpretation. For better or for worse.

But it doesn't stop at laying the groundwork, it encourages it. Here's another Satanic sin, self-deceit. A seemingly innocent idea, but again far too elastic. Are you not lying to yourself when you say you understand something fully? You cannot possibly know something with one-hundred percent certainty. Something as trivial as that presents a trouble for interpretation. How about when you say you see, or touch something? Reality is but an illusion. Or when you believe something that isn't accepted as fact? You are lying to yourself.

Or the idea that, "Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates." Well, by what do you determine a person deserves kindness? What if a person plays a prank on you? Do they deserve kindness? What is an ingrate? A person who wrongs you? When does forgiveness play a factor? Again, sociopathic, unhealthy behavior.

These few examples of poor forethought and lack if intelligence concerning sociology and psychology display the failings of idiocy of Satanism. The religion teaches a near disregard of others' consciousness, and preaches simple advancement of one's own personal agenda. That is not how you are to operate a society, judge people, or socialize as a healthy, progressive person. If you disagree with me, you must first study up on sociology, psychology, and anthropology.

I understand why it may appeal to many, and what factors make it so. That does not mean I approve, or that I or anybody else should view it with respect. I don't care if you believe it, I think it is bullshit and counter-intuitive. Anyone who follows such a cult has bought the farm in philosophy, and until one leaves it, they are foolish, ignorant, and childish.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
22-11-2012, 01:31 PM
(22-11-2012 12:41 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(22-11-2012 11:58 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  I'll accept that Satanic organizations, such as the CoS, are cults, yes.
Cults appeal to people the same way churches do, with a form of social identity. Like religions, they create a structured and organized set of rules to follow. Whether or not these are good or bad rules all depends on a certain moral subjectivity. The issue with Satanism is that is blurs the established lines of morality. Many actions that are defined by the word cruel are suddenly acceptable or humane forms of behavior. There is a reason I said Satanism appeals to psycho-sociopathic people. It encourages such behavior, which is both unwarranted and unhealthy.

I do not care if said behavior appeals to a person or not. Such behavior affects people outside of the cult, and you will find the majority tends to look down on the eye-for-an-eye philosophy. For instance, one of the Satanic sins is "stupidity". Well, how do we define stupidity? What is stupidity? When someone doesn't understand, or misunderstands something? Well, instead of calling them stupid, help them understand it. If they prove to be willfully ignorant, are they a victim of youthful indoctrination, or are they genetically predisposed to a lack of intellect? There are far too many factors and a far too elastic definition of stupidity, it invites individual interpretation. For better or for worse.

But it doesn't stop at laying the groundwork, it encourages it. Here's another Satanic sin, self-deceit. A seemingly innocent idea, but again far too elastic. Are you not lying to yourself when you say you understand something fully? You cannot possibly know something with one-hundred percent certainty. Something as trivial as that presents a trouble for interpretation. How about when you say you see, or touch something? Reality is but an illusion. Or when you believe something that isn't accepted as fact? You are lying to yourself.

Or the idea that, "Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates." Well, by what do you determine a person deserves kindness? What if a person plays a prank on you? Do they deserve kindness? What is an ingrate? A person who wrongs you? When does forgiveness play a factor? Again, sociopathic, unhealthy behavior.

These few examples of poor forethought and lack if intelligence concerning sociology and psychology display the failings of idiocy of Satanism. The religion teaches a near disregard of others' consciousness, and preaches simple advancement of one's own personal agenda. That is not how you are to operate a society, judge people, or socialize as a healthy, progressive person. If you disagree with me, you must first study up on sociology, psychology, and anthropology.

I understand why it may appeal to many, and what factors make it so. That does not mean I approve, or that I or anybody else should view it with respect. I don't care if you believe it, I think it is bullshit and counter-intuitive. Anyone who follows such a cult has bought the farm in philosophy, and until one leaves it, they are foolish, ignorant, and childish.
Satanism doesn't seem to me like a particularly good cult, if that's the case. Satanism is by definition individualistic and shuns "herd mentality". It requires the practitioner to find their own identity, Thelema, as it's been called, and work to achieve it.

"Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. Satanists must learn to see through the tricks and cannot afford to be stupid." Satanic sins aren't rigid. Their broad guidelines LaVey thought would serve the Satanist (not the one looking in from outside) well. Anton saw them as prominent problems for the personality type that might be attracted to Satanism, so he laid them out.

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]"[/font]It’s in the “Nine Satanic Statements” but deserves to be repeated here. Another cardinal sin. We must not pay homage to any of the sacred cows presented to us, including the roles we are expected to play ourselves. The only time self-deceit should be entered into is when it’s fun, and with awareness. But then, it’s not self-deceit!" Speaks for itself, I think.

This one requires case-by-case analysis. This shouldn't be too much of a problem, really, seems like common sense to me. The statement is, of course, a play on the Christian value of "turning the other cheek". Well, you shouldn't always turn the other cheek. You shouldn't waste your life on people who want to use you. I don't consider it "sociopathic" to not want to associate with people who have nothing to offer in a relationship.

I don't think they do. I think you're purposefully trying to look for things to dislike in Satanism, and you're doing it like you would a dogmatic religion. Try to realize this: Satanism doesn't have a holy book. Anything written by a Satanist can be dropped just as quickly as it was picked up, and that's what's happened to a great extent. Satanism certainly doesn't preach disregard to others, indeed it promotes a strong love to those who deserve it. If one tries to love all, he ends up loving none. See "My Dark, Satanic Love".
22-11-2012, 01:40 PM
(22-11-2012 11:06 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  Beign a /b/tard myself, ...

The fuck's a /b/tard? Bastard? Betard? Beetard? This new shorthand eludes me. Feel free to cuss like a fucking drunken sailor here. I do it all the time.

I really don't think I have any issue with LaVeyan Satanism. Theistic Satanism, on the other hand, is clearly ridiculous.

"LaVeyan Satanism is a philosophy (not considered a religion by many of its followers) founded in 1966 by Anton Szandor LaVey. Its teachings are based on individualism, self-indulgence, and 'eye for an eye' morality. Unlike Theistic Satanists, LaVeyan Satanists are atheists who regard Satan as a symbol of man's inherent nature. According to religioustolerance.org, LaVeyan Satanism is a 'small religious group that is unrelated to any other faith, and whose members feel free to satisfy their urges responsibly, exhibit kindness to their friends, and attack their enemies' ".

And I got no issue with the following either (other than describing the inevitable dissolution of self and death as "the dark evolutionary force of entropy" is rather obscure and obtuse):

"Satanists do not believe in the supernatural, in neither God nor the Devil. To the Satanist, he is his own God. Satan is a symbol of Man living as his prideful, carnal nature dictates. The reality behind Satan is simply the dark evolutionary force of entropy that permeates all of nature and provides the drive for survival and propagation inherent in all living things. Satan is not a conscious entity to be worshipped, rather a reservoir of power inside each human to be tapped at will. Thus any concept of sacrifice is rejected as a Christian aberration—in Satanism there’s no deity to which one can sacrifice."

Kinda captures what I mean when I say I am "My Own Personal Jesus". Sounds like a group of nihilists who just like to get together and play games and use ritual to manipulate their psyche. I don't see the harm in that.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
22-11-2012, 01:40 PM
I personally do not care about "satanism" which is really a way to supplement atheism with a philosophy.

How ever I feel like most satanists do not take their philosophy serious anyways. So what is the point?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post