Why so much Satanism all over the forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
23-11-2012, 01:24 AM
RE: Why so much Satanism all over the forum?
(23-11-2012 01:08 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  That makes me curious as to what these supposed energies are...

Nuclear energy? Thermal? Kinetic? Chemical? Electric? Electrochemical or electromagnetic perhaps?

And perhaps more importantly; How are they harnessed by the users.... The brain does not create a strong enough electromagnetic field to affect anything but it's own neurons... But I cannot think of anything else it excretes that could have the slightest affect on anything aside from harnessing the potential energy that rests int he body (I.E moving the body)...

Witches generally consider energies to mean bodily processes, such as Blood, sweat, semen etc.

When I spirit dance I sweat profusely and I end up going into a trance like state where I can then work very powerful magic subconciously. So moving the body by dancing would be one form of raising and working with sweat and the unconcious mind/brain.
Blood is also a powerful energy. When I prick my finger and drop my blood onto a single white candle, it infuses me with a sudden urge to conjure something dark, maybe a vampire (as an example), conjuring is another form of magic.
Divination is also considered to be a form of Magic by some definitions, I often will cast dice during ritual to ask questions and especially when reading spiritual texts so that I can gain information on which direction I should go next in my life.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2012, 01:45 AM
The only energy in blood or sweat is potential energy, leaning toward chemical (energy) potential (not mentioning kinetic, that much is obvious).

An interesting thing about the mind is that at times it can be the greatest deceiver to itself, more so than any other. With the correct ambiance people can be made to believe anything has happened, so long as they already believed it exists (seeing god, spirits or other mumbo jumbo.)

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
23-11-2012, 01:54 AM
Sounds like a giant placebo pill. Why not just call it what it is... a placebo effect.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
23-11-2012, 05:59 AM
(22-11-2012 03:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-11-2012 02:13 PM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  4chan.

The fuck is that, and should I even give a shit?

(22-11-2012 02:13 PM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  Yeah, we're more often than not guilty of using overly dramatic language. "The dark evolutionary force of entropy" is essentially the principle of progress through adversity, i.e. thesis, anti-thesis and synthesis. The counter-culture or the adversary ("Satan") is seen as the one that wakes the establishment to action and eventually to progress.

There's a thread around here somewhere called "Thank GOD for MY Diabetes", given that definition of Satan, I would thank Satan for my diagnoses of prediabetes. But why call it Satan? Seems unnecessarily provocative to me.
4chan isn't something you can explain, you have to experience it.
[Image: b-internet-superheroes.jpg]

Maybe it is, but you could say that about atheism, why not just call it "secular humanism" (I don't mean to say that all atheists are secular humanists, but you get my point)? I'm sure Anton chose the name with this in mind, i.e. to question the mainstream paradigm.
23-11-2012, 06:04 AM
(23-11-2012 05:59 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  Maybe it is, but you could say that about atheism, why not just call it "secular humanism" (I don't mean to say that all atheists are secular humanists, but you get my point)? I'm sure Anton chose the name with this in mind, i.e. to question the mainstream paradigm.

Because secular humanism implies the stance or view on life that is the adoption of a specific stance or view on life.

Atheism is nothing more than a lack in belief in a god or gods and requires no doctrine, no stance on life, no specific adoption of moral or ethical views. It literally means you are someone who doesn't believe in a god or gods. That's all. That's it. That is all it requires. That... is... it..

You could be an agnostic secular humanist, or an atheist secular humanist, or a semi-buddhist/taoist new age secular humanist. You could word it in potentially hundreds of different ways but secular humanism is ideas on how to live and atheism is lacking belief in a god or gods. I fail to see how the two can be confused.

This is why atheists do not necessarily see eye to eye on their views on life, views on morals, views on ethics or otherwise. Because the only thing we share in common is the fact that we do not believe in a god or gods.

I hope that clarifies.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
23-11-2012, 06:07 AM
(23-11-2012 12:43 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(22-11-2012 10:52 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Actually no. For me to be beating a strawman, I'd have to be making an argument from a deliberate misinterpretation of your argument.

I have not actually made an argument toward or against anything, I was simply making a mockery for no specific purpose.

Though I am going to have to write angry letters to Dictionary.com and Google for their narrow and misinforming definition of magic.

Most Witches believe that magic is using natural energies that exist inside and around us to bring about needed change in our lives, emotional change, physical change, mental change, spiritual change, etc.
Most will tell you that Magic is not supernatural at all.

Several dictionaries say that Magic is using spells, incantations or symbols and working with supernatural OR, let me repeat ORRRRR OR OR OR mysterious or unknown powers/energies to create change.

And many would equate supernatural and "mysterious or unknown powers/energies".

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
23-11-2012, 06:10 AM
(22-11-2012 07:34 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(22-11-2012 01:31 PM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  Satanism doesn't seem to me like a particularly good cult, if that's the case. Satanism is by definition individualistic and shuns "herd mentality". It requires the practitioner to find their own identity, Thelema, as it's been called, and work to achieve it.
And the founder of Scientology stated the best way to make money is to create your own religion. Your point is?

(22-11-2012 01:31 PM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  "Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. Satanists must learn to see through the tricks and cannot afford to be stupid." Satanic sins aren't rigid. Their broad guidelines LaVey thought would serve the Satanist (not the one looking in from outside) well. Anton saw them as prominent problems for the personality type that might be attracted to Satanism, so he laid them out.

He did a vastly poor job.

(22-11-2012 01:31 PM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  "It’s in the “Nine Satanic Statements” but deserves to be repeated here. Another cardinal sin. We must not pay homage to any of the sacred cows presented to us, including the roles we are expected to play ourselves. The only time self-deceit should be entered into is when it’s fun, and with awareness. But then, it’s not self-deceit!" Speaks for itself, I think.

That does not answer my questions, nor does it solve my proposed problems.

(22-11-2012 01:31 PM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  This one requires case-by-case analysis. This shouldn't be too much of a problem, really, seems like common sense to me. The statement is, of course, a play on the Christian value of "turning the other cheek". Well, you shouldn't always turn the other cheek. You shouldn't waste your life on people who want to use you. I don't consider it "sociopathic" to not want to associate with people who have nothing to offer in a relationship.

Again, this does not answer my questions.

(22-11-2012 01:31 PM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  I don't think they do. I think you're purposefully trying to look for things to dislike in Satanism, and you're doing it like you would a dogmatic religion. Try to realize this: Satanism doesn't have a holy book. Anything written by a Satanist can be dropped just as quickly as it was picked up, and that's what's happened to a great extent. Satanism certainly doesn't preach disregard to others, indeed it promotes a strong love to those who deserve it. If one tries to love all, he ends up loving none. See "My Dark, Satanic Love".

I am viewing Satanism for what it is. A horribly designed cult with the lack of regard to others. I see sociopathic behavior within the philosophical tenets, encouragement to follow through with it, and a stupid founder. The non-existence of a holy book means nothing to me.
I don't see the relevance of that.

Feel free to back that up.

How so? It explains what is meant by self-deceit in a way that makes your proposed problem a non-problem.

Then you won't get one. There isn't a function y=f(x), where y is the amount of love given and x the behavior of the receiver, except for your innate emotions. You already make this calculation on a daily basis if you're a functioning person, so I don't see how this is such a problem.

You keep saying that, but don't bother to prove or back up what you're saying at all. You also show utter lack of understanding of what I wrote, as well as what Satanism is. Try to understand this: Satanism doesn't have a dogma.
23-11-2012, 06:13 AM
(23-11-2012 06:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-11-2012 12:43 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  Most Witches believe that magic is using natural energies that exist inside and around us to bring about needed change in our lives, emotional change, physical change, mental change, spiritual change, etc.
Most will tell you that Magic is not supernatural at all.

Several dictionaries say that Magic is using spells, incantations or symbols and working with supernatural OR, let me repeat ORRRRR OR OR OR mysterious or unknown powers/energies to create change.

And many would equate supernatural and "mysterious or unknown powers/energies".
They shouldn't. There are many things in physics that are "unknown", but sure aren't supernatural.
23-11-2012, 06:13 AM
(23-11-2012 06:04 AM)Logisch Wrote:  
(23-11-2012 05:59 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  Maybe it is, but you could say that about atheism, why not just call it "secular humanism" (I don't mean to say that all atheists are secular humanists, but you get my point)? I'm sure Anton chose the name with this in mind, i.e. to question the mainstream paradigm.

Because secular humanism implies the stance or view on life that is the adoption of a specific stance or view on life.

Atheism is nothing more than a lack in belief in a god or gods and requires no doctrine, no stance on life, no specific adoption of moral or ethical views. It literally means you are someone who doesn't believe in a god or gods. That's all. That's it. That is all it requires. That... is... it..

You could be an agnostic secular humanist, or an atheist secular humanist, or a semi-buddhist/taoist new age secular humanist. You could word it in potentially hundreds of different ways but secular humanism is ideas on how to live and atheism is lacking belief in a god or gods. I fail to see how the two can be confused.

This is why atheists do not necessarily see eye to eye on their views on life, views on morals, views on ethics or otherwise. Because the only thing we share in common is the fact that we do not believe in a god or gods.

I hope that clarifies.
So you didn't read the post, did you?
23-11-2012, 06:16 AM
(23-11-2012 01:08 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  That makes me curious as to what these supposed energies are...

Nuclear energy? Thermal? Kinetic? Chemical? Electric? Electrochemical or electromagnetic perhaps?

And perhaps more importantly; How are they harnessed by the users.... The brain does not create a strong enough electromagnetic field to affect anything but it's own neurons... But I cannot think of anything else it excretes that could have the slightest affect on anything aside from harnessing the potential energy that rests int he body (I.E moving the body)...
Many would say emotion.