Why so much Satanism all over the forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
23-11-2012, 06:17 AM
RE: Why so much Satanism all over the forum?
(23-11-2012 01:54 AM)Logisch Wrote:  Sounds like a giant placebo pill. Why not just call it what it is... a placebo effect.
...who said we don't?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2012, 06:23 AM
(23-11-2012 06:16 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  
(23-11-2012 01:08 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  That makes me curious as to what these supposed energies are...

Nuclear energy? Thermal? Kinetic? Chemical? Electric? Electrochemical or electromagnetic perhaps?

And perhaps more importantly; How are they harnessed by the users.... The brain does not create a strong enough electromagnetic field to affect anything but it's own neurons... But I cannot think of anything else it excretes that could have the slightest affect on anything aside from harnessing the potential energy that rests int he body (I.E moving the body)...
Many would say emotion.

So, some would say emotion... What? Is it the method of harnessing the so far not defined energy?

Or is it the energy itself?

Either position makes no sense.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
23-11-2012, 06:39 AM
(23-11-2012 06:17 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  
(23-11-2012 01:54 AM)Logisch Wrote:  Sounds like a giant placebo pill. Why not just call it what it is... a placebo effect.
...who said we don't?
Considering this thread has become word play and semantics, thus far... no one has. So far I see lots of semantic word plays, and lots of attempts at defining things... instead of just explaining things "as they are" - I mean now we're getting into "definitions of magic" as "well it's kind of like psychology... or emotion... or something"...

So is it emotion? is it psychology? is it "manipulation"? is it midichlorians? Is it "the force"? magical imaginary beams of particles no one can prove? or are they magic missiles? Are you guys harnessing your chi?

You're in a forum full of skeptics. Clear and concise definitions that are empirically clear are going to be met much better than something that neither you nor irishdize can both agree on in your definitions. The most commonly known definition of "magic" is supernatural or unexplained forces. So if you're saying this "magic" Is an explained "force" of "emotion" then that is not the traditional implication, and should be clearly defined otherwise.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
23-11-2012, 09:43 AM
(23-11-2012 01:45 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  The only energy in blood or sweat is potential energy, leaning toward chemical (energy) potential (not mentioning kinetic, that much is obvious).

An interesting thing about the mind is that at times it can be the greatest deceiver to itself, more so than any other. With the correct ambiance people can be made to believe anything has happened, so long as they already believed it exists (seeing god, spirits or other mumbo jumbo.)

EXACTLY!
Inside Ritual we allow our minds to believe that we have communicated or connnected with The Goddess or demons or whatever flavor of Ritual the Practioner is, I come from a background in Witchcraft so thats why I do the things the way I do them where say Pr0fanus may not.

Of course once outside of the Ritual we come back to our senses and live in the real world where we recognize what happened as role playing, fantasy and psychodrama, By george you finally understand!
23-11-2012, 09:47 AM
I did intend to point out that the induced hallucinations don't actually happen, that people can be easily fooled into believing 'it' did.

(after thought) You seem to underestimate my understanding of how the brain works, I'm no psychologist or neurologist, but I think I have a half decent understanding for a layman highschool kid.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
23-11-2012, 09:51 AM
(23-11-2012 09:43 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(23-11-2012 01:45 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  The only energy in blood or sweat is potential energy, leaning toward chemical (energy) potential (not mentioning kinetic, that much is obvious).

An interesting thing about the mind is that at times it can be the greatest deceiver to itself, more so than any other. With the correct ambiance people can be made to believe anything has happened, so long as they already believed it exists (seeing god, spirits or other mumbo jumbo.)

EXACTLY!
Inside Ritual we allow our minds to believe that we have communicated or connnected with The Goddess or demons or whatever flavor of Ritual the Practioner is, I come from a background in Witchcraft so thats why I do the things the way I do them where say Pr0fanus may not.

Of course once outside of the Ritual we come back to our senses and live in the real world where we recognize what happened as role playing, fantasy and psychodrama, By george you finally understand!
OK, but what was the point of the Ritual?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-11-2012, 10:03 AM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2012 10:08 AM by GirlyMan.)
(23-11-2012 05:59 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  4chan isn't something you can explain, you have to experience it.
[Image: b-internet-superheroes.jpg]

The fuck, ... Blink ... no, just no. No

(23-11-2012 05:59 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  I'm sure Anton chose the name with this in mind, i.e. to question the mainstream paradigm.

I just call it Bob. Always have. Bob may not sound as scary as Satan, but believe you me, he's far more terrifying.

(23-11-2012 09:43 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  EXACTLY!

Bob just drops some windowpane. Why all the extra work?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
23-11-2012, 10:21 AM
(23-11-2012 06:39 AM)Logisch Wrote:  
(23-11-2012 06:17 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  ...who said we don't?
Considering this thread has become word play and semantics, thus far... no one has. So far I see lots of semantic word plays, and lots of attempts at defining things... instead of just explaining things "as they are" - I mean now we're getting into "definitions of magic" as "well it's kind of like psychology... or emotion... or something"...

So is it emotion? is it psychology? is it "manipulation"? is it midichlorians? Is it "the force"? magical imaginary beams of particles no one can prove? or are they magic missiles? Are you guys harnessing your chi?

You're in a forum full of skeptics. Clear and concise definitions that are empirically clear are going to be met much better than something that neither you nor irishdize can both agree on in your definitions. The most commonly known definition of "magic" is supernatural or unexplained forces. So if you're saying this "magic" Is an explained "force" of "emotion" then that is not the traditional implication, and should be clearly defined otherwise.

I will explain again

Witches believe that Magic is using Natural energies that exist inside us and inside The Goddess (Nature) To Witches there is nothing supernatural about it. The term you are using to describe Magic is what non Withes use to describe what we do, Christians for example who think Witches contact an actual Satan and demons to work curses and such and of course to them that is very supernatural but it is not the case.

I have used several words to describe what magic and ritual are, I have said they are Psychological, Psychodrama, fantasy, role playing, Placebo, You must have missed each of these posts because I have said them over and over and over again. I have also explained each of my practices from meditation to spirit dancing to trance, I explained what happen when I use divination or conjure a demon and what it means psychologically, I have explained that when I go into ritual I suspend disbelief and when I leave the ritual I come back to reality and fact.

Greater Magic is all of the above and more, Its not something that can be fully explained, It is something you have to experience for yourself.

Lesser Magic is manipulation, Its using what you have to make the people around you do as you please, wearing a sexy dress to make your boss want to sleep with you, wearing perfume to seduce a man, working as a psychic to get people to give you money (for my friend), telling someone you are ill so they treat you with compassion, etc...whatever works and whatever benefits you I say. Smile
I think Pr0fanus and I agree but are explaining it differently, I use emotional explanations and he does not.
23-11-2012, 10:29 AM
<br><blockquote class="wysiwygQuote container-4" quotedata="'Chas' pid='207998' dateline='1353685899'"><br><br><blockquote class="wysiwygQuote container-4" quotedata="'Irishdize' pid='207994' dateline='1353685389'"><br><br>EXACTLY!<br>Inside Ritual we allow our minds to believe that we have communicated or connnected with The Goddess or demons or whatever flavor of Ritual the Practioner is, I come from a background in Witchcraft so thats why I do the things the way I do them where say Pr0fanus may not.<br><br>Of course once outside of the Ritual we come back to our senses and live in the real world where we recognize what happened as role playing, fantasy and psychodrama, By george you finally understand!<br></blockquote><br><br>OK, but what was the point of the Ritual?<br></blockquote><p><br><br><br>There are many points<br><br>Its fun, its productive, It allows me to connect to my Inner/Deeper self, I am relieved of stress in my mind, body and 'spirit/heart', I get excersize, I can communicate with my mom who died recently or my ancestors who died a very long time ago, I get to engage in fantasy and role playing and for an actor/writer who is out of work at the moment that is priceless, I get to take a day away from my work, my store, my family (stress in other words) and have a day to be alone with myself and my cat, There are MANY points.</p>
23-11-2012, 10:38 AM
(23-11-2012 10:29 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  I can communicate with my mom who died recently or my ancestors who died a very long time ago [...]
How so?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]