Why so much Satanism all over the forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
23-11-2012, 11:46 AM
RE: Why so much Satanism all over the forum?
(23-11-2012 06:23 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(23-11-2012 06:16 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  Many would say emotion.

So, some would say emotion... What? Is it the method of harnessing the so far not defined energy?

Or is it the energy itself?

Either position makes no sense.
Emotion is the "energy". You don't think emotion can work as a source of power?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2012, 11:53 AM
(23-11-2012 06:39 AM)Logisch Wrote:  
(23-11-2012 06:17 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  ...who said we don't?
Considering this thread has become word play and semantics, thus far... no one has. So far I see lots of semantic word plays, and lots of attempts at defining things... instead of just explaining things "as they are" - I mean now we're getting into "definitions of magic" as "well it's kind of like psychology... or emotion... or something"...

So is it emotion? is it psychology? is it "manipulation"? is it midichlorians? Is it "the force"? magical imaginary beams of particles no one can prove? or are they magic missiles? Are you guys harnessing your chi?

You're in a forum full of skeptics. Clear and concise definitions that are empirically clear are going to be met much better than something that neither you nor irishdize can both agree on in your definitions. The most commonly known definition of "magic" is supernatural or unexplained forces. So if you're saying this "magic" Is an explained "force" of "emotion" then that is not the traditional implication, and should be clearly defined otherwise.
I provided a definition of magick before: "the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will." That's probably the most common definition in occultism. I'm not sure what you mean by "traditional implication", but just like a fundamentalist Christian could define an atheist as someone who hates God, many of the definitions used by people who aren't familiar with occultism are just wrong.
23-11-2012, 11:56 AM
(23-11-2012 09:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-11-2012 09:43 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  EXACTLY!
Inside Ritual we allow our minds to believe that we have communicated or connnected with The Goddess or demons or whatever flavor of Ritual the Practioner is, I come from a background in Witchcraft so thats why I do the things the way I do them where say Pr0fanus may not.

Of course once outside of the Ritual we come back to our senses and live in the real world where we recognize what happened as role playing, fantasy and psychodrama, By george you finally understand!
OK, but what was the point of the Ritual?
Psychodrama, catharsis and emotional discharge are common reasons.
23-11-2012, 12:02 PM
(23-11-2012 11:56 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  
(23-11-2012 09:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  OK, but what was the point of the Ritual?
Psychodrama, catharsis and emotional discharge are common reasons.

So it accomplishes nothing external to oneself.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-11-2012, 12:12 PM
(23-11-2012 12:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-11-2012 11:56 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  Psychodrama, catharsis and emotional discharge are common reasons.

So it accomplishes nothing external to oneself.
"nothing external to oneself"? As in, nothing external effects the internal in ritual? If that's what you mean, pretty much. Satanism is by definition esoteric.
23-11-2012, 12:34 PM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2012 01:27 PM by Anjele.)
Oh FFS...that's 20 minutes of my life I won't get BACK.
I still don't understand who is a witch and who is a Satanist here.
Either way, ritual sure seems like a form of meditation...seems that's done in a lot of ways by a lot of different people regardless of belief/non-belief.
Satanism sounds like another word for narcissism. And before the blast... I real the Satanic Bible decades ago, one book I have never felt like I needed to revisit. But if that's what gets your through the night, go for it...but if you are following a structured belief system (even loosely structured) you most likely are part of a religion and/or cult group.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-11-2012, 01:18 PM
(23-11-2012 12:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Satanism sounds like another word for narcissism.

More like narcissistic wannabes methinks. True narcissists need no extracurricular help to find Bob and the Way of the Fundoshi.

(23-11-2012 10:38 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(23-11-2012 10:29 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  I can communicate with my mom who died recently or my ancestors who died a very long time ago [...]
How so?

It's a one-sided conversation.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
23-11-2012, 01:31 PM
(23-11-2012 12:12 PM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  
(23-11-2012 12:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  So it accomplishes nothing external to oneself.
"nothing external to oneself"? As in, nothing external effects the internal in ritual? If that's what you mean, pretty much. Satanism is by definition esoteric.

No, as in it changes nothing except the one's internal state. Nothing else in the world is affected.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-11-2012, 01:45 PM
(23-11-2012 10:38 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(23-11-2012 10:29 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  I can communicate with my mom who died recently or my ancestors who died a very long time ago [...]
How so?

There are a few different ways.

1. When I go into a meditative state, I can hear my mom's voice inside my head answering my questions....
2. When I go into a trance state, I can have visions of my mom because when a person reaches a certain state, they begin to have audio and visual experiences, such as when a person goes into a sweat lodge and begins to have visions of their dead relatives or they see themselves on a journey or flying or whatever they see.
23-11-2012, 01:49 PM
(23-11-2012 01:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-11-2012 12:12 PM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  "nothing external to oneself"? As in, nothing external effects the internal in ritual? If that's what you mean, pretty much. Satanism is by definition esoteric.

No, as in it changes nothing except the one's internal state. Nothing else in the world is affected.
Then you're demonstrably wrong. I'm pretty sure my interactions with the world have an effect.