Why so much Satanism all over the forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
23-11-2012, 01:54 PM
RE: Why so much Satanism all over the forum?
(23-11-2012 12:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-11-2012 11:56 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  Psychodrama, catharsis and emotional discharge are common reasons.

So it accomplishes nothing external to oneself.

Many things we do in life have no external effect.
Reading a book changes ME personally but it doesnt do much for the person who does not read the book, sure I have a better understanding now of how quantam mechanics work but if you did not read the book, you wont share that new experience with me.
Going camping in the woods might be a fun experience for me, I get to connect with nature, feel the cool crisp night air against my skin, stargaze, if I am there with my boyfriend, we share the experience but it doesnt effect anything in the real world, it only helps me.
Playing a video game, riding a roller coaster (for the thrill) going inside a haunted house, none of these things do anything in the real external world but they are awesome experiences that i love to engage in and they help better me in some way....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2012, 02:03 PM
(23-11-2012 12:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Oh FFS...that's 20 minutes of my life I won't get BACK.
I still don't understand who is a witch and who is a Satanist here.
Either way, ritual sure seems like a form of meditation...seems that's done in a lot of ways by a lot of different people regardless of belief/non-belief.
Satanism sounds like another word for narcissism. And before the blast... I real the Satanic Bible decades ago, one book I have never felt like I needed to revisit. But if that's what gets your through the night, go for it...but if you are following a structured belief system (even loosely structured) you most likely are part of a religion and/or cult group.

I do not subscribe to the notion that all religions are cults.
However, Yes, I am very much involved with religion, never claimed otherwise, what I claimed was that Satanism is Atheistic and this is true. Satanist are Atheists first and foremost meaning that there is no deity.
I am a former Witch that uses much of the practices such as trance, spirit dancing and candle/incense/sage in my current practices as a Satanist. Though some would argue that anyone who practices magic is a Witch at the present moment and that may very well be true, i dont know, that one needs further exploration which I will do eventually.
23-11-2012, 02:12 PM
(23-11-2012 01:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-11-2012 12:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Satanism sounds like another word for narcissism.

More like narcissistic wannabes methinks. True narcissists need no extracurricular help to find Bob and the Way of the Fundoshi.

(23-11-2012 10:38 AM)Vosur Wrote:  How so?

It's a one-sided conversation.

1. Its not a one sided conversation. I hear my mom's voice inside my head, I ask question and get answers either internally or externally through the dice.
OR
When I go into a trance state and actually see my mom or someone The conversations tend to be quite fascinating. You must look at a trance state like you would look at someone on magic mushrooms, when this person is in their drug induced state (trance is natural) they may see or hear things including dead relatives.
nar·cis·sism/ˈnärsəˌsizəm/

Noun:
  1. Excessive or erotic interest in oneself and one's physical appearance.
  2. Extreme selfishness, with a grandiose view of one's own talents and a craving for admiration.
I have no interest in myself in the sense that this word is implying or my physical appearance. I am also not selfish. I focus on my own needs and benefits first but I just handed out leftovers to needly families in the area, I have several boxes of clothes and food I am planning to hand out later today, I love to buy gifts for my friends and family and also for those in need in the community, its why I started the charity in 2009, I of course do wish to be the best that i can be in every aspect of my life but I do not view my own talents as being better or worse than anyone else, for example, i just finished watching 'chain of command' a Star Trek TNG episode in which Captain Picard is held prisoner and tortured by Cardassians, Patrick Stewert performance was stunning and I said to myself, wow, I dont even know if i could do that well-I do not think a narcissistic person would admit that his acting skills may not be as good as someone else. However, I do seek admiration, I think that most actors/writers and most people in general want to be accepted, loved, etc, i wont deny that.
23-11-2012, 02:14 PM
(23-11-2012 02:12 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  1. Its not a one sided conversation. I hear my mom's voice inside my head, I ask question and get answers either internally or externally through the dice.
OR
When I go into a trance state and actually see my mom or someone The conversations tend to be quite fascinating. You must look at a trance state like you would look at someone on magic mushrooms, when this person is in their drug induced state (trance is natural) they may see or hear things including dead relatives.
You should see a psychiatrist. Consider

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
23-11-2012, 02:19 PM
(23-11-2012 01:45 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(23-11-2012 10:38 AM)Vosur Wrote:  How so?

There are a few different ways.

1. When I go into a meditative state, I can hear my mom's voice inside my head answering my questions....
2. When I go into a trance state, I can have visions of my mom because when a person reaches a certain state, they begin to have audio and visual experiences, such as when a person goes into a sweat lodge and begins to have visions of their dead relatives or they see themselves on a journey or flying or whatever they see.
Both sound like hallucinations - not magic or ritual (unless we are talking magic mushrooms)...if you aren't comsuming something to cause that...then maybe an appointment with a medical professional is in order.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
23-11-2012, 02:22 PM
(23-11-2012 01:49 PM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  
(23-11-2012 01:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, as in it changes nothing except the one's internal state. Nothing else in the world is affected.
Then you're demonstrably wrong. I'm pretty sure my interactions with the world have an effect.
You are saying that your Rituals have a demonstrable effect on the world external to you?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-11-2012, 02:25 PM
(23-11-2012 01:54 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(23-11-2012 12:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  So it accomplishes nothing external to oneself.

Many things we do in life have no external effect.
Reading a book changes ME personally but it doesnt do much for the person who does not read the book, sure I have a better understanding now of how quantam mechanics work but if you did not read the book, you wont share that new experience with me.
Going camping in the woods might be a fun experience for me, I get to connect with nature, feel the cool crisp night air against my skin, stargaze, if I am there with my boyfriend, we share the experience but it doesnt effect anything in the real world, it only helps me.
Playing a video game, riding a roller coaster (for the thrill) going inside a haunted house, none of these things do anything in the real external world but they are awesome experiences that i love to engage in and they help better me in some way....
I am not arguing that there is no benefit or enjoyment.
I am trying to clarify whether you believe the effect is internal to you or is there a direct effect on reality external to you.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
23-11-2012, 02:28 PM
(23-11-2012 02:12 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(23-11-2012 01:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  More like narcissistic wannabes methinks. True narcissists need no extracurricular help to find Bob and the Way of the Fundoshi.

It's a one-sided conversation.

1. Its not a one sided conversation. I hear my mom's voice inside my head, I ask question and get answers either internally or externally through the dice.
OR
nar·cis·sism/ˈnärsəˌsizəm/

Noun:
  1. Excessive or erotic interest in oneself and one's physical appearance.
  2. Extreme selfishness, with a grandiose view of one's own talents and a craving for admiration.
I have no interest in myself in the sense that this word is implying or my physical appearance. I am also not selfish. I focus on my own needs and benefits first but I just handed out leftovers to needly families in the area, I have several boxes of clothes and food I am planning to hand out later today, I love to buy gifts for my friends and family and also for those in need in the community, its why I started the charity in 2009, I of course do wish to be the best that i can be in every aspect of my life but I do not view my own talents as being better or worse than anyone else, for example, i just finished watching 'chain of command' a Star Trek TNG episode in which Captain Picard is held prisoner and tortured by Cardassians, Patrick Stewert performance was stunning and I said to myself, wow, I dont even know if i could do that well-I do not think a narcissistic person would admit that his acting skills may not be as good as someone else. However, I do seek admiration, I think that most actors/writers and most people in general want to be accepted, loved, etc, i wont deny that.
Do you believe you are conversing with your mother (or her spirit/ghost/soul)?

23-11-2012, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2012 03:16 PM by GirlyMan.)
(23-11-2012 02:12 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(23-11-2012 01:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It's a one-sided conversation.

OR

Dude you're talking to a hippie here who was in his prime in the '70s. Still don't understand why you fucks just don't drop some acid instead of going through all this ritual rigamarole shit to get up to speed. Except for the dice, the fuck's up with that, some sorta Magic 8 Ball? It's a one-sided conversation, dude. Just cause you got 2 voices going on in yer head don't make it any less so.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-11-2012, 02:49 PM
(23-11-2012 02:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-11-2012 01:49 PM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  Then you're demonstrably wrong. I'm pretty sure my interactions with the world have an effect.
You are saying that your Rituals have a demonstrable effect on the world external to you?
Not a direct effect, but an effect through me, yes.