Why so much Satanism all over the forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
24-11-2012, 09:20 AM
RE: Why so much Satanism all over the forum?
(24-11-2012 03:23 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Does he even realize that I've done this?:

Quote:Irishdize Show this Post The contents of this message are hidden because Irishdize is on your ignore list.

I did not know you could do that.
However, It just backs up my own belief that my argument was better since you couldnt find a defense other than blocking my posts!

Hail Satan!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Because some of the stuff is so damn funny
[Image: 8T213.jpg]

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
26-11-2012, 12:01 AM
Well

I just wanted to say thanks!
Not just for the comments made on this thread either, for the intelligent conversations I have found everywhere on this site, the emotional stimulation and the thoughts it has all sparked within me, see I love to research, explore and experience as much as I can, I love to play devils advocate (pun intended) on different subjects and see where they lead me, I love to learn too and I figured by coming here I would either learn something new and walk away with a changed perspective or I would become firmer in my beliefs as a Satanist and walk away stronger and more focused on that.
I never imagined though that I would not walk away. my plan was to come here and explain Satanism just a bit better and then leave. BUT (I know, some of you will be thrilled by this) Youre stuck with me, I love it here, I love the depth, I havent even begun to explore the site, there is a store, podcasts, videos, pictures, there are hundreds of threads-old and new on every subject you can think of, some that you probably dont want resurrected (sorry bout that) and I have to say as soon as I sign on in the morning, I check my email, I check facebook, I go to my ads on craigslist and I come here! Smartass
I have learned a lot by being here already, I did not know the dictionary listed all religions as cults but it does! I dont know if I agree with that definition though but I am willing to explore my own thoughts on that, I also have some of the same concerns as you-why call what I am/do Satanism when its just some kind of spiritual Atheism? I will explore that in time as well. The world needs less religion, not more, Satanism as a religion compounds the problem I think but as a philosophy it might be good, I dont know, I will hopefully discover my answers in time, I am even wondering what is spirituality, am I spiritual? what makes me such, what acts makes someone spiritual? I might even make a post asking that to sort these issues out but the important thing is that I have found a site where I can do that and I am very excited about that!
Unfortunately I did seem to alienate at least one person who seems to think that I am stupid, I dont consider myself such, I am a deep thinker, a researcher, someone who may argue with you but later when I am alone in my thoughts I will do the needed investigating like the cult/religion issue, I cant worry about who i alienate though, I can only be who I am and keep doing what I do to make sense of it all. Its how I roll (pun intended again, hehe)
Well, I am rambling again arent I? Thanks again! Heart
26-11-2012, 12:07 AM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2012 01:01 AM by Free Thought.)
Well, I wouldn't say you are stupid...

Just an overly spiritual, somewhat delusional, anti-dictionary person who apparently enjoys fucking with peoples minds by generating hallucinations for a reason which I am not quite sure on.

Plus you seem to be able to take satire a little better than that other guy.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
26-11-2012, 12:46 AM
(26-11-2012 12:07 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Well, I wouldn't say you are stupid...

Just an overly spiritual, somewhat delusional, anti-dictionary person who apparently enjoys fucking with peoples minds by generating hallucinations for a reason which I am not quite sure on.

Plus you seem to be able to take satire a little batter than that other guy.

I do not see how I am delusional in any sense of the word, each and every one of my beliefs/practices is based on Psychology, ration, reason, verifiable experiences, objective evidence, empiracal data, technology, medicine, I dont know, none of that sounds very delusional to me.
I do not enjoy fucking with people's minds, I enjoy the money that comes from people who already believe in the nonsense that I peddle, I see no reasons that to benefit off their idiocy that I should quit.
I am not anti dictionary, I never knew that definition for cult existed, I am still not convinced that all religions are cults though I am against all religions, I do not see the need in our society for religions and I think in time they should all be abolished if that were possible.
I do not know if I am spiritual as i said, I am in a debate right now about what makes a person spiritual, Satanism is a carnal philosophy that is anti spiritual so I have to ask what makes me a spiritual person, reading a book, lighting a candle, burning oils and incense, what makes those acts spiritual or are they just things that some people do to make themselves feel better?
I do not generate hallucinations, we have covered this already, I do not see or hear things that are not there, I imagine things, I purposefully imagine myself in situations so that I can create stories, deal with grief, communicate with different parts of my psyche, etc for my own benefit, this is done with applied psychology and psychodrama and it is a very healthy and sane formula.
26-11-2012, 01:01 AM
Like I said.

Takes satire quite well.

[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
29-11-2012, 01:55 PM
(23-11-2012 06:13 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(23-11-2012 06:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Nah, I'm just dicking with you at this point. I got no issue with your metaphysics.

You know that makes you a pussy, right? ... Nah I'm just dicking with you again ... But you know that makes you a pussy, right?

I think it takes a strong person to stop drinking like a fish.
I can out drink anyone if I tried but I dont see that behavior as beneficial to me at this point in my life.
If that makes me a pussy in your opinion, its ok. Smile

I didnt know that Atheists had a metaphysical position or that atheism was dealing with the nature of reality, atheists simply do not believe in God.
About.com says : In popular parlance, metaphysics has become the label for the study of things which transcend the natural world — that is, things which supposedly exist separately from nature and which have a more intrinsic reality than our natural existence. This assigns a sense to the Greek prefix meta which it did not originally have, but words do change over time. As a result, the popular sense of metaphysics has been the study of any question about reality which cannot be answered by scientific observation and experimentation. For atheists, this sense of metaphysics is usually regarded as literally empty.
___
If that is true then what is the metaphysical position?
Hobo
29-11-2012, 02:26 PM
(29-11-2012 01:55 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  I didnt know that Atheists had a metaphysical position or that atheism was dealing with the nature of reality, atheists simply do not believe in God.
Exactly. As has been said previously, atheists can believe in pretty much every supernatural being other than god. Ghosts, spirits, demons, the devil, just to name a few. An atheist can also believe in reincarnation and other concepts of an afterlife that don't require the existence of a deity. I don't really know why people (not talking about you) have such a hard time understanding this.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
29-11-2012, 02:39 PM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2012 02:43 PM by Free Thought.)
Hey Vosur, do you know much about the concept of "Discourses" (when applied to the media)?

They're messages which can be implicit or explicit, deliberate or accidental. Everything can act as a discourse, and they react with the mind in different ways depending on the person. They tend to colour biases and most people aren't even aware that the have received a message.

My theory is that people get discourses that get stuck in their mind which roughly say "no deity; no joy/spiritual life (etc)" without even knowing they have the coloured bias, which makes it hard for them to realize their mistaken conclusion that you mentioned which happens so very often.
Maybe they are deliberately planted in peoples minds minds by parents, preachers or other authority figures, or maybe they're are accidental (non-deliberately created) from the same sources, it's unlikely that wee will ever know.

But that is just my take on it.

29-11-2012, 02:45 PM
(29-11-2012 02:26 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-11-2012 01:55 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  I didnt know that Atheists had a metaphysical position or that atheism was dealing with the nature of reality, atheists simply do not believe in God.
Exactly. As has been said previously, atheists can believe in pretty much every supernatural being other than god. Ghosts, spirits, demons, the devil, just to name a few. An atheist can also believe in reincarnation and other concepts of an afterlife that don't require the existence of a deity. I don't really know why people (not talking about you) have such a hard time understanding this.

It's true. Although, I have a hard time, with people who believe in demon possession and the devil, but say their atheist. Although, I've met a couple.