Why so much Satanism all over the forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
19-11-2012, 06:42 PM
RE: Why so much Satanism all over the forum?
Because Satan is the one true god... duh?

I haven't noticed much of an upsurge. Same couple of threads stay up in the dailies because new posts keep being made in them. Sort of how it works. Once peoples interest wanes Id imagine you'll see fewer threads pertaining to the subject.

I don't really get the bitch fest about topics being covered on the forum, I mean if you don't want to read them you don't have to and if you do there they are. I'd be fucking bored to shit if all the threads were the same.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post
19-11-2012, 07:13 PM
(19-11-2012 04:07 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  Satanism is a form of Atheism
You will likely find us here from time to time because we have so much in common
Satanism is a form of Atheism? Bullshit!

Atheism is merely the position that the supernatural does not exist...and that's it! There is no doctrine, there is no dogma and no weekly services!

While...Satanism is some crazy offshoot religion of Christianity with it's own doctrine, ritual and, of course, services and membership fees. This makes you Satanist not really much different from the Christians from whom you had to steel your concept of a deity.
Find all posts by this user
19-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Also, lots and lots of thread necromancy. I'm guessing someone did a search on "Satanism" and added a reply to every hit even if it was dead for weeks or months. I think what we're seeing is maybe half a year of threads yanked out of obscurity and onto the front page by fresh replies.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
19-11-2012, 07:39 PM
(19-11-2012 04:07 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  Read my profile for why I will no longer discuss or debate Satanism.

Read it, and found it to be a piss poor pussy reason to stop discussing satanism. ... Or homosexuality for that matter.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
19-11-2012, 09:09 PM
(19-11-2012 03:07 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Gee wiz, you think one black democrat wins an election and the satanists come out of the woodwork?

/sarcasm

But really, what's the deal? Each time I click "View Today's Posts", 3 or 4 of the top 10 are satanism threads. Did I miss the memo that this is now the The Thinking Satanist forum? Religion, cult, mindfuck, whatever - it's still theology. Whether Satan is a "god" or an "antichrist" or a fat elf in a red suit (oh, wait, that's an anagram for Satan), if he's worthy of "worship" as in "I worship Satan" then he's a deity and his followers are some kind of religion or cult.

So why are there so many threads, and why are they not all in the Atheism and Theism forum?

And why is everyone so interested in arguing about the least accepted and most bat-shit crazy of all "religions"?

And why did they all come out of the woodwork and get resurrected this week? Uh, oh, not another resurrection - look what damage the last one did...

Satanism is just another idiotic belief system like all the others. We are atheists, so we can view Satanism through the same lens that we can view Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hindu, and Whatever-The-Fuck-Else.

Same shit, different toilet.

How can anyone become an atheist when we were all born with no religious beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were ...
BORN THIS WAY
19-11-2012, 09:25 PM
(19-11-2012 09:09 PM)Free Wrote:  Satanism is just another idiotic belief system like all the others. We are atheists, so we can view Satanism through the same lens that we can view Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hindu, and Whatever-The-Fuck-Else.

Same shit, different toilet.

Ain't sure of that just yet. Dunno enough about it yet. Looks like it's just elevating personal responsibility to a position of worship to me so far (or at least pretending to do so, which is effectively the same thing). I am My Own Personal Jesus, so that neighborhood ain't entirely unfamiliar to me. ... I for one would like to hear more.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
19-11-2012, 10:28 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2012 10:56 PM by Anjele.)
Someone in the Church of Satan probably came across the podcast about Satanism and then posted it on one of their forums and they all had to come and check us out.

Whenever TTA gets mentioned somewhere new, we get an influx of people from that group who come in, stir things up, post some BS that really doesn't apply here, they get bored and then move on.

Wonder when Westboro will show up?

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
19-11-2012, 10:50 PM
(19-11-2012 06:01 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(19-11-2012 05:47 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  lack of belief in God, lack of belief in supernaturalism, lack of belief in superstitions, embracing of medicine and science as valid ways of understanding the world, lack of respect (by this I mean-we both likely feel that religion should be done away with) for religions. Id say thats a lot in common.
And No, I assume people do not understand by their statements which paint a phony picture of what i am and do.
Wow, you don't even know what the fuck an atheist is, do you?
I don't get it. He summed up many common views of atheists, and the first point (lack of belief in God) is kinda important when discussing common ground.

I don't have a problem with Satanists. Even if they actually believed in Satan (which doesn't appear to be the case), I like the idea that someone would believe in both God and Satan and choose to follow Satan. After all, Satan's kill count in the bible is still 0. It could be a lot worse.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
19-11-2012, 11:29 PM
(19-11-2012 10:50 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(19-11-2012 06:01 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Wow, you don't even know what the fuck an atheist is, do you?
I don't get it. He summed up many common views of atheists, and the first point (lack of belief in God) is kinda important when discussing common ground.

I don't have a problem with Satanists. Even if they actually believed in Satan (which doesn't appear to be the case), I like the idea that someone would believe in both God and Satan and choose to follow Satan. After all, Satan's kill count in the bible is still 0. It could be a lot worse.

And I'm told they have the best baby recipes. Wink

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-11-2012, 02:08 AM
I was going to post a spam thread titled "Satanism goes Satanic Upon Satan's Satanic ritual of LaVeyan Satanism" to make fun of all the Satanism threads today but this thread completely ruined it. Jerk.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Matthew Laramore's post