Why so much Satanism all over the forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
29-11-2012, 02:49 PM
RE: Why so much Satanism all over the forum?
Just serves to prove that even amongst those who have broken out of or never took to silly beliefs or did not succumbed to indoctrination, still have stupid elements with... uh... I can't think of a way to shorten you name... sorry.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2012, 04:00 PM
(29-11-2012 02:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-11-2012 02:26 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Exactly. As has been said previously, atheists can believe in pretty much every supernatural being other than god. Ghosts, spirits, demons, the devil, just to name a few. An atheist can also believe in reincarnation and other concepts of an afterlife that don't require the existence of a deity. I don't really know why people (not talking about you) have such a hard time understanding this.

It's true. Although, I have a hard time, with people who believe in demon possession and the devil, but say their atheist. Although, I've met a couple.
No true atheist ...

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-11-2012, 04:10 PM
(29-11-2012 04:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-11-2012 02:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It's true. Although, I have a hard time, with people who believe in demon possession and the devil, but say their atheist. Although, I've met a couple.
No true atheist ...

Thats more or less my thought, but I hesitate to call them out on that. I do try to be respectful of people's beliefs no matter how weird I think them to be. That said, personally I don't believe in any of it. I'd make a poor ghostbuster. :-)
30-11-2012, 04:17 AM
So then what is the metaphysical position?
I dont believe in God is not a metaphysical position is it?
I of course do not think an atheist cannot have a spiritual life, we have plenty of atheists in the Unitarian Universalist church and they are quite spiritual but they do not hold beliefs such as ghosts, demons, angels and the like, they just enjoy ritual or meditation or whatever.
or of course there are the atheists that identify with a religion or philosophy such as Buddhism, Satanism or Naturalistic Paganism. Im just trying to figure out what the metaphysical position of an atheist would be. I ask because I have always thought (may be wrong) that metaphysics was a mystical idea, dealing with the nature of reality, dealing with the supernatural, no?
30-11-2012, 07:52 AM
(30-11-2012 04:17 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  So then what is the metaphysical position?
I dont believe in God is not a metaphysical position is it?
I of course do not think an atheist cannot have a spiritual life, we have plenty of atheists in the Unitarian Universalist church and they are quite spiritual but they do not hold beliefs such as ghosts, demons, angels and the like, they just enjoy ritual or meditation or whatever.
or of course there are the atheists that identify with a religion or philosophy such as Buddhism, Satanism or Naturalistic Paganism. Im just trying to figure out what the metaphysical position of an atheist would be. I ask because I have always thought (may be wrong) that metaphysics was a mystical idea, dealing with the nature of reality, dealing with the supernatural, no?
Yes, atheism is a metaphysical position.

Metaphysics is broad and not easily defined. It is the inquiry into the nature of being, existence, meaning, etc.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-11-2012, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 30-11-2012 01:57 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-11-2012 04:17 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  I ask because I have always thought (may be wrong) that metaphysics was a mystical idea, dealing with the nature of reality, dealing with the supernatural, no?

"Mystical" diminishes metaphysics and suggests that it is somehow incapable of being considered rigorously in a serious and rational manner. That is not the case.

(30-11-2012 04:17 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  Im just trying to figure out what the metaphysical position of an atheist would be.

For atheists, it's highly individualized, necessarily. My metaphysics is nothing like Chas', for example, even though neither of us believe in some bullshit God. Theists tend to clump together in groups according to a common metaphysics. That's not gonna happen with atheists, it just can't. The only thing atheists really share is a rejection of the possibility of a common metaphysical position.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-11-2012, 02:44 PM
(30-11-2012 01:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-11-2012 04:17 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  I ask because I have always thought (may be wrong) that metaphysics was a mystical idea, dealing with the nature of reality, dealing with the supernatural, no?

"Mystical" diminishes metaphysics and suggests that it is somehow incapable of being considered rigorously in a serious and rational manner. That is not the case.

(30-11-2012 04:17 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  Im just trying to figure out what the metaphysical position of an atheist would be.

For atheists, it's highly individualized, necessarily. My metaphysics is nothing like Chas', for example, even though neither of us believe in some bullshit God. Theists tend to clump together in groups according to a common metaphysics. That's not gonna happen with atheists, it just can't. The only thing atheists really share is a rejection of the possibility of a common metaphysical position.

Ok, well thanks for answering, I learned something new!
So, Its just a matter of figuring out what my position is. Smile
30-11-2012, 03:56 PM (This post was last modified: 30-11-2012 04:49 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-11-2012 02:44 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(30-11-2012 01:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  "Mystical" diminishes metaphysics and suggests that it is somehow incapable of being considered rigorously in a serious and rational manner. That is not the case.

Ok, well thanks for answering, I learned something new!
So, Its just a matter of figuring out what my position is. Smile

I personally wouldn't spend too much time on figuring and fixing it in position, 'cause whatever and wherever you think it is now, it's gonna fucking move. ... At least that's been my experience. YMMV. ... Look at Girly using contemporary abbreviations and shit. Big Grin

Breathing - it's more art than science.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Coming out on another forum TwoCultSurvivor 27 447 Today 12:01 AM
Last Post: Adrianime
  Why We Let Theists Stay On Our Forum: Because We Have No Fear WindyCityJazz 36 774 02-07-2014 03:16 PM
Last Post: TarzanSmith
  Satanism and Ritualism Mr. Slave 68 847 19-06-2014 10:20 PM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  The Best Quotes from Insane Rapture Forum Raptor Jesus 46 1,307 14-02-2014 01:26 PM
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Forum proselytizing ghostexorcist 8 436 13-12-2013 10:34 PM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  Can I say "BS" on this forum? black_squirrel 55 1,978 06-10-2013 08:14 AM
Last Post: Filox
  Joining a Christian Forum Adenosis 51 2,074 23-05-2013 06:24 PM
Last Post: cjs